Notices

353 Formula Fastech

Old 01-12-2012, 01:41 PM
Diamond Member #001
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by pullmytrigger
Wow! you Formula guys should try owning a Fountain.....
I would think about it if I could get a new one. (Just kidding - I personally hope that Fountain, Baja and Donzi re-emerge on the market.)

jbraun2828 and Powerplay J: I agree with your points, but what other information do we have to work with? If someone can buy a brand-new 35 Cig (or OL or NT) with 525s for $270k, I'll take my hat off to them. Street pricing is what counts.

I understand the new-vs-used point as well, but in the case of this 353, we're talking new. If there are better new values out there, let's see them!
Old 01-12-2012, 02:06 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by C_Spray
If there are better new values out there, let's see them!
+1

I haven't convinced the wife that she wants a new boat yet but I'm still looking
Old 01-12-2012, 03:02 PM
Registered

Received 266 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by machloosy
Public service announcement ladies and gentleman!!! It's officially winter on OSO so let the bickering begin!

To keep with the thread, it seems like 270K is a lot for a 35ft'r under 100mph. Formula is MY personal favorite for fit and finish and something 30ft or better will be my next boat, but for a large chunk of OSO people, that kind of coin is hard to rationalize with the used boat market being so reasonably priced. Somewhere near the beginning of the post was talks about offering 225-250, why not? There is NO argument on this thread (which I read in its entirety) that formula fit and finish is indeed top notch and the boats not only last but keep the owners comfortable for a decade at least. Guy's we aren't buying Honda Accords and long haul trucks! We're buying toys and trying to put a value on it...

offshore, I'm cracking up at your post. Thanks for the laughs
If I made one person smile for the day then I am happy!
Old 01-12-2012, 03:21 PM
Registered

Received 266 Likes on 93 Posts

http://www.boats.com/boat-details/Ch...0-Zt/118105701

Good new boat to compare against.

Loaded with lots of options

Checkmate has a well known build quality also

Even the ad says there are discounts, obviously price would increase with 525's, but you have to factor in the same discounts etc.

How do we even know the OP is telling the truth on the price of that 353?

Whats to stop someone else from coming on this thread and making up a low price on some other new boat??

They "negotiated" prices are kept secret as a sales tool to make the buyer "feel" like they are getting a deal of a lifetime.

Please don't bash this post, or Checkmate. This is a honest comparasion showing that there are other good deals on good boats. Not saying this boat is better or worse than the 353. Both are sweet boats and any of us on here would love to own either, just might not enjoy paying for them!

Last edited by offshorexcursion; 01-12-2012 at 03:24 PM.
Old 01-12-2012, 04:24 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by offshorexcursion
After all the nice stuff I wrote you come back with this?

What tone should I take that in?

I thought we were good!

Obviously the economy is bad.

But there are ways to overcome it. Shogren is. They had a record year.

Plus many other boat manufactures are selling more boats then Fastech line. So how else can I tell the truth about the fastech line without someone arguing it????? :evilb

I suppose I ought to stay out of it, and God bless Shogren for figuring a way around a crappy economy, but it isn't new boat sales that are doing it for him. As quoted from Jason Johnson's interview of him today at www.speedonthewater.com:

"We are having a great year — in fact, we are having a record year. That’s the good news. The not-so-good news is the majority of our sales are coming from used, not new boats and we see this trend continuing in performance boating for years to come. Although there is a buyer for every seller, the buyers are buying for a fraction of what a new boat costs, which is holding back new boat sales."

Just sayin'...
Old 01-12-2012, 04:38 PM
Registered

How do we even know the OP is telling the truth on the price of that 353?
Why would I come on here on my phone, while I'm at the boat show for some quick feedback and give false prices...

That checkmate's pretty impressive though, very nice looking and Checkmate makes a good boat. My brother-in-law still has his '86 21' which he runs pretty hard.
Old 01-12-2012, 04:54 PM
Registered

If I made one person smile for the day then I am happy!
Don't get an over inflated opinion now based one post. I would imagine many OSO users see you as just a troublemaker on most every thread you participate on and add little value to each thread.
Old 01-12-2012, 04:56 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

I like Chevy, you like Toyota, he likes Acura, she likes Audi, he likes volvo, she likes Saab....blah blah blah

The most common thing I've noticed, majority of people people think what they own is the best. Especially with type A performance boaters.

At the end of the day Formula is one of the great performance boats on the market.

It's still not an Apache, but it's pretty close!
Old 01-12-2012, 06:41 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 758 Likes on 348 Posts

I paid for both my boats, and 3 jet skis in full. I spend over $10,000 in boating fuel a summer, log over 200 hours, On vacation for 4 months each summer. I am 28, my beautiful other half is 27, and boating is our passion. We chose this lifestlye for us. If someone else chooses to spend 270k on a boat for them thats fine. But when asked for my opinion I will do my best to help.

If you want to keep talking Chit to me call me anytime. 231-534-5060

If not, and your a man, then apologize on here.
Poor taste at best.

Bragging about material things you own is immature and makes you look like an asshat, especially on a website composed almost entirely of the "1%".
Old 01-12-2012, 08:44 PM
Diamond Member #001
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Panther
...At the end of the day Formula is one of the great performance boats on the market...It's still not an Apache, but it's pretty close!
Formulas and 'Paches are a long way apart. That's why I bought a Formula; they have drinkholders.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.