Notices

353 Formula Fastech

Old 01-09-2012, 05:13 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Jupiter I think.its time to come out from behind the keyboard (and the closet) and realize what you're talking about. You bash Formula for going through hard times BUT forgot to mention Sunsation had to have people working for FREE for a while to keep their doors open! And if it were all about what someone could get for 200k everyone would own older OL, NT and Cig... No one would buy a new Sunsation bc honestly they dont compare. Personal preferences are everything, people don't want to buy the boat YOU want, they want what they want.
Before you go talking about new boats, high dollar used boats, BMW's and all that I would go take a look at your credit and payment history to realize you're not going to be included in any of those groups.... Haha

Last edited by AJ POWERPLAY; 01-09-2012 at 05:24 PM.
Old 01-09-2012, 05:19 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
I will bow out to your PQ knowledge but I can't remember a single person in the FL powerboat club showing up with a new PQ of any size since I joined
Why would you be a part of any boat club? The bank has your boat! Lol
Maybe I'll go join a cigar club, I don't smoke but makes about as much sense as a boatless powerboat club member
Old 01-09-2012, 05:33 PM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Perfect Storm
I'm just curious... in what way(s) do YOU feel that the FasTech line of boats are "outdated"??? (!)

The basic design and styling remains the same as when it was introduced in '98 or '99. Might just put it a tad behind the curve in the minds of some, you think?
Old 01-09-2012, 05:38 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 42 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Rippem
there are those who apparently have a persistent bug up the azz about the 353/Formula FasTechs...

I ask have you spent any time in one?
A whole day?
An entire weekend?

Does the 353 in particular...

Ride well?
Forgiving and stable?
Overall very seaworthy?
Does the 353 make excellent use of space?
Have the near perfect allotment of individual spaces and dimensions for a 34' performance boat?
Use high quality material and vendors throughout?
Have excellent fit and finish?
Rigged at the very top end for a production boat?
Pack a TON of well thought-out, well placed ammenities?
Is the boat easy to use in terms of egress/layout for sunning, beach-time, cruising, running hard, and staying aboard?
Have excellent support from the manufacturer?
Does the product get respect consistantly dockside or at the ramp? Does it make a statement?

If you say NO to any of these points I say you've never been near one for more than 5 minutes!

So what do you do with a boat like this? Change it up and risk loosing any individual goodness noted above just for the sake of change ?

believe it or not, some things are done so right, accomplish the manufacturer's mission to the intended audience so well to begin with, they are a hard act to follow.

So now you can only piss about the speed/bottom.
No, not the fastest
but frankly only one bottom is any given day and the rest as you would say...
"are outdated and need a redesign"

What he said.
Old 01-09-2012, 05:59 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have had many people ask me if my 10 year old Formula is brand new. Just sayin!
Old 01-09-2012, 06:17 PM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by RaggedEdge
The basic design and styling remains the same as when it was introduced in '98 or '99. Might just put it a tad behind the curve in the minds of some, you think?
OR...

you could be changing the model ad-nauseum sucking in those who gotta have the latest/greatest and the seeming prosperity for the builder that accompanies this...

end up flooding the used market while finish work slides and somehow also end up out of the boat building business...

just sayin'....

what's the new '12 35 Lightning sporting for improvements?
Old 01-09-2012, 06:45 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 45Tripps
Look at the 35 Sonic. More head room and more ammenities.

Even with Ilmor Power MSRP is $300k. http://www.sonicusaboats.com/shop/in...series/35.html

Formula makes a nice boat, but they are dated with graphics and outfit, etc.

Sonic Versus Formula, Sonic wins out in several aspects.
2 places Sonic does not win out in is build quality and cust service. I am not talking out of my ass I currently own a 03 Prowler and a 2001 382 F2. The gel coat just falls off the Sonic while it is sitting in the drive way. The Formula is a tank. I called Sonic when the boat was just 2 years old with my concerns about the gel coat I was told tuff **** we did not build the boat the old owner did get stuffed. If I call Formula on the other hand they act as if I bought the boat new and bend over backwards to take care of me. Hands down Formula wins in build quality and cust sevice.
Old 01-09-2012, 06:50 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Rippem
OR...

what's the new '12 35 Lightning sporting for improvements?
Old 01-09-2012, 06:52 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by 03 SONIC
2 places Sonic does not win out in is build quality and cust service. I am not talking out of my ass I currently own a 03 Prowler and a 2001 382 F2. The gel coat just falls off the Sonic while it is sitting in the drive way. The Formula is a tank. I called Sonic when the boat was just 2 years old with my concerns about the gel coat I was told tuff **** we did not build the boat the old owner did get stuffed. If I call Formula on the other hand they act as if I bought the boat new and bend over backwards to take care of me. Hands down Formula wins in build quality and cust sevice.
The gelcoat issue is inherent to that vintage Sonic. They botched a few in their early stages of "Infusion" or as we know it, vacuum bagging.

We know those R.H. ownership years as the corner-cutting era.

Sonics were rock solid before that. Not talking out of my ass either, as I owned one.
Old 01-09-2012, 07:10 PM
Registered

If you build a **** boat stand behind it. Dont botch it and say FU. I am happy with the Formula runs high 80's with 500hp power I would buy another no matter how out dated they look. To me how good a company takes care of there cust goes a long way with me.

Last edited by 03 SONIC; 01-09-2012 at 07:14 PM. Reason: mis spelling

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.