Notices

353 Formula Fastech

Old 01-10-2012, 12:34 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by cuposterchild
...I think a 292 with either the Ilmor MV8 6.2 or MV8 7.4 in I/O trim and would be AWESOME and think there is group wanting more out of this hull.

I concur!
Old 01-10-2012, 01:32 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Wildman_grafix
I was thinking that would have been what I would have done.

For that matter it's not easy to get 6.2% on a performance boat now.
God I wish I had 6.2%!! LOL
I do not feel bad for ANYONE that had sub2% rates for a few yrs prior to 6%!! My rate is 8.75% and I've never missed a payment on anything!!
Old 01-10-2012, 01:40 PM
Registered

Received 278 Likes on 97 Posts

The formula financing was available through any dealer that wanted to use it not just boat shows . The catch was the price of the boat was higher. Most buyers did not realize this and got drawn into buying a formula due to the ease of financing etc. Not actually a better deal....just a marketing scheme.
Old 01-10-2012, 01:42 PM
Registered

Received 278 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
From Matt Truilio's article w/Scott Porter:

By keeping our offerings exciting and providing a high-quality experience. We are always working on new graphics, both design and color. Formula has been very flexible in helping its clients create a craft of their dreams. We’ll also continue to offer exciting alternatives to the traditional performance model by way of Formula’s fresh FX line.

So it appears Formula realizes it needs to freshen the line and you may see some really trick boats coming down the line.
Yeah some really trick new boats in the boring FX line...not the fastech line.
Old 01-10-2012, 01:50 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by offshorexcursion
Yeah some really trick new boats in the boring FX line...not the fastech line.
From what I understand, if you like the graphics in the FX line or even the SS line, Formula will oblige you.
Now if I could afford a New 353 I would order it all white, run it a couple of years that way and then have graphics of my choice put on.
Old 01-10-2012, 01:54 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by offshorexcursion
The formula financing was available through any dealer that wanted to use it not just boat shows . The catch was the price of the boat was higher. Most buyers did not realize this and got drawn into buying a formula due to the ease of financing etc. Not actually a better deal....just a marketing scheme.
Bingo!!!! I looked into it when it first came out. Did the #'s and it was a joke.
Old 01-10-2012, 06:59 PM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Rippem
OR...

you could be changing the model ad-nauseum sucking in those who gotta have the latest/greatest and the seeming prosperity for the builder that accompanies this...

end up flooding the used market while finish work slides and somehow also end up out of the boat building business...

just sayin'....

what's the new '12 35 Lightning sporting for improvements?

Not really sure, even if it's the same as when redone in '07 making it six years with little or no changes. It would still have a leg up on the '12 353 Fastec which would seem to be a brand new version of a 14 year old design.

Just syin' ....

What's new in the Fastec line over the last decade or so? Did I miss something here?
Old 01-10-2012, 07:04 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RaggedEdge

What's new in the Fastec line over the last decade or so? Did I miss something here?
Easy! Flat screens, new electronics (GPS, stereo, VHF, gauges), new engine packages, new options.......
Old 01-10-2012, 08:10 PM
Registered

Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by RaggedEdge
Over 90 mph with stock Merc power.
Old 01-10-2012, 08:35 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
Famous at boat shows for very low payments for the first 4-5 years, then a bump in the interest rate and payment for the rest of the term.

Big cruiser like a 350 SS would have a sticker on it for as low as $499 month with an asterisk that it was $499 at 1.9% for the first 48 months, then 6.9% for the remainder of the loan.
Mine is a little different, it was 1.9 for first 24 then 3.2 % for the rest of the loan. The loan has been sold four times already and I am hearing rumors that the current finance company is going to be offering a percentage discount soon if you pay in full.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.