Notices

353 Formula Fastech

Old 01-10-2012, 08:49 PM
Diamond Member #001
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Expensive Date
Mine is a little different, it was 1.9 for first 24 then 3.2 % for the rest of the loan. The loan has been sold four times already and I am hearing rumors that the current finance company is going to be offering a percentage discount soon if you pay in full.
Don't see much wrong with those rates...
Old 01-10-2012, 09:17 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Not bad rates at all!

A friend and old customer had a Formula PC with some kind of special financing they were offering at the time (late 1990's). The problem was he owned the boat for about 5 years, the payment plans were great, but when it came time to sell he owed more than he could sell it for because he had not paid down on the principal, if at all, and took a bath. I felt bad for him but whatcha gonna do?
Old 01-10-2012, 09:26 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Panther
Not bad rates at all!

A friend and old customer had a Formula PC with some kind of special financing they were offering at the time (late 1990's). The problem was he owned the boat for about 5 years, the payment plans were great, but when it came time to sell he owed more than he could sell it for because he had not paid down on the principal, if at all, and took a bath. I felt bad for him but whatcha gonna do?
With the lower rates, like I have you pay the principal faster. The problem was when they were still doing this (they are not) it was cheaper to buy a new boat payment wise than a used two year old boat because of the higher interest rate. 292 values have stabilized and even gone up lately in my opinion so see what happens.
Old 01-10-2012, 10:38 PM
Registered

Received 94 Likes on 22 Posts

Ive always liked the Formula's....always thought of them as a gentleman's perf boat....I like the styling with the big (useful) wraparound windshield, classy, timeless looking boat.....its too bad they couldnt get some more speed out of that hull.....a 35 Fastec runs low 80s with 525s and a 35 Fountain, same power runs what? 102? and the 38 F isnt far behind that....that's a lot.

I remember the F2 Formula's doing well in that class.....how did they do that?
Old 01-11-2012, 08:18 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pullmytrigger
Ive always liked the Formula's....always thought of them as a gentleman's perf boat....
funny you say that......I have to agree 100%...... I feel that the Fastech is in no way outdated......it has great lines....great style and as long as they are always rigging them with the newest technolgy they are "with the times". But I do feel that each of our go-fasts have a personality of their own, many times reflecting that of the owner. Some guys like to run fast in their Fastech on their way to dinner, quietly tucked behind their windshield with a sweater tied around his shoulders.......while others like to run with the sticks to dash, 110mph wind in his face, jowls flapping, wearing a ripped 80's metal t-shirt, deafened by the roar of triple 1200's in his 40 something foot old school Apache on his way to no where........common denominator here is we all like the thrill our boats give us. In no way would I rag on someone elses ride.......can't see why anyone would......to each his own..................I love them all......

Last edited by Here's Johnny; 01-11-2012 at 12:04 PM.
Old 01-11-2012, 09:35 AM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Johnny,
Perfectly said!! I agree with that 100%
Friend of mine at LaMotta's (also goes to my yacht club) has a 35 Fastech w/ 525's and it is a great sounding + looking boat for its age!! Ive spent time on that boat when it comes to dock at the yacht club, and its amazing!
Ive never been for a ride on it yet, and I hope I can this coming summer.....i heard those Formula's give a comfortable ride!
Old 01-11-2012, 11:16 AM
Registered

thanks Sam.......and get your life preserver ready.....Billy is bringing back the Manhasset Bay Poker Run......August 11, 2012...... I have a seat saved for you........
Old 01-11-2012, 11:18 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 42 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Here's Johnny
funny that you say that......I have to agree 100%...... I feel that the Fastech is in no way outdated......it has great lines....great style and as long as they are always rigging them with the newest technolgy they are "with the times". But I do feel that each of our go-fasts do have a personality of their own, many times reflecting that of the owner. Some guys like to run fast in their Fastech on their way to dinner, quietly tucked behind their windshield with a sweater tied around his shoulders.......while others like to run with the sticks to dash, 110mph wind in his face, jowls flapping, wearing a ripped 80's metal t-shirt, deafened by the roar of triple 1200's in his 40 something foot old school Apache on his way to no where........common denominator here is we all like the thrill our boats give us. In no way would I rag on someone elses ride.......can't see why anyone would......to each his own..................I love them all......
THANK YOU! FINALLY someone who doesn't actually own a FasTech, but still UNDERSTANDS that owning a FasTech is a personal choice that we, as Formula owners made when we were weighing-out all of the options out there... It was what we decided was the best option (for us) at the time.

My best friend has a 31 Sonic, and I love blasting aound in that boat as much as my own... especially because we're burning HIS gas! Other friends of mine have enabled me to experience riding in a 42 Fountain, 42 MTI, 36 Skater, 35 Top Gun, 35 Cafe Racer, 357 Formula, 311 Formula, 30 Checkmate, 38 Scarab etc... ALL awesome boats with smooth rides and cool amenities that make each boat unique.

No need to criticize here or rip into someone's pride and joy... I too like them ALL!
Old 01-11-2012, 11:20 AM
Registered

At the end of the day, purchasing a boat, or owning one, is as much an emotional decision as a rational one. Some might say it is not a rational decision at all!

If you find a boat that excites you, that pulls at your heart and is a solid, well found boat that is for sale at a price you find attractive, then buy it. It is much more difficult to find that perfect boat (for you) than it is to find a great deal. And if you settle for something else then the experience is less and the time is lost.

Dan
Old 01-11-2012, 02:36 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 246 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by Here's Johnny
funny you say that......I have to agree 100%...... I feel that the Fastech is in no way outdated......it has great lines....great style and as long as they are always rigging them with the newest technolgy they are "with the times". But I do feel that each of our go-fasts have a personality of their own, many times reflecting that of the owner. Some guys like to run fast in their Fastech on their way to dinner, quietly tucked behind their windshield with a sweater tied around his shoulders.......while others like to run with the sticks to dash, 110mph wind in his face, jowls flapping, wearing a ripped 80's metal t-shirt, deafened by the roar of triple 1200's in his 40 something foot old school Apache on his way to no where........common denominator here is we all like the thrill our boats give us. In no way would I rag on someone elses ride.......can't see why anyone would......to each his own..................I love them all......
In my 11 plus years on OSO I think this post sums it up, "to each his own." Brilliant post.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.