Are Mercury Racing mocking me?

Notices

Are Mercury Racing mocking me?

Old 01-09-2012, 02:12 AM
Teo
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Are Mercury Racing mocking me?

I was asking about their Baja 35 testboat for the X-haust system and the only way I could do that was at this blog so I gave it a shot.

(I´m Gustav Selander btw)

http://www.mercuryracing.com/blog/al.../#comment-8712

After my first comment they change “Baja 35 Outlaw 662 SCi X-haust validation test boat” to "Baja 29 Outlaw 662 SCi X-haust validation test boat" under the picture of the all white 35 up to the left in the blog but not the picture that clearly shows the 35.

I have a 29 OL at the moment and it looks like this for those who doesn't know.

http://www.boatshop24.com/images/boo...s3/3386399.jpg

Compared to the 35 that has the 2006-> design with other air intakes at the back and all new designe for the wind visor.

http://www.mercuryracing.com/blog/wp...haust-Test.jpg

That boat clearly got 4 bolster seats and you just can´t get that inte the 29...

The 35 is also featured in this video about the X-haust...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7A2AUNFkOZQ

Don´t they know what kind of boats they have or are they just having a bit fun on my behalf over at Merc Racing?

Or am I stupid, blind or some combination of that?

sorry bout the spelling but I´m a poor lonely Swede.

/Teo

Last edited by Teo; 01-09-2012 at 02:19 AM.
Old 01-09-2012, 05:39 AM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 12 Posts

I doubt theyd try and pull a fast one... Especially on a Brunswick built boat. What would they have to hide?

Last edited by Jpzaluski; 01-09-2012 at 05:46 AM.
Old 01-09-2012, 05:56 AM
Teo
Registered

Originally Posted by Jpzaluski
I doubt theyd try and pull a fast one... Especially on a Brunswick built boat. What would they have to hide?
Thats why I wonder...

You can see the 4 bolster seats! That boat has the plastic motor lid so there is no head rests for the back seat as you can see in the video link.

The design of the boat are from 2006 and it has never been a 29 with that design. The 29 was replaced with the 30 in 2006 but the cockpit of the 30 is to small for 4 bolster seats.

And Why do they say in the video that it is a 35 outlaw?

I dont think anyone are trying to fool me I just dont get what´s happenging here.
As I said, I have a 29 OL and I can clearly see the difference.

The boat in the picture, and in the film is a 35 and in the film they also call it a 35 wich they use to do in the picture as well.
Old 01-09-2012, 03:56 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Teo
I was asking about their Baja 35 testboat for the X-haust system and the only way I could do that was at this blog so I gave it a shot.

(I´m Gustav Selander btw)

http://www.mercuryracing.com/blog/al.../#comment-8712

After my first comment they change “Baja 35 Outlaw 662 SCi X-haust validation test boat” to "Baja 29 Outlaw 662 SCi X-haust validation test boat" under the picture of the all white 35 up to the left in the blog but not the picture that clearly shows the 35.

I have a 29 OL at the moment and it looks like this for those who doesn't know.

http://www.boatshop24.com/images/boo...s3/3386399.jpg

Compared to the 35 that has the 2006-> design with other air intakes at the back and all new designe for the wind visor.

http://www.mercuryracing.com/blog/wp...haust-Test.jpg

That boat clearly got 4 bolster seats and you just can´t get that inte the 29...

The 35 is also featured in this video about the X-haust...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7A2AUNFkOZQ

Don´t they know what kind of boats they have or are they just having a bit fun on my behalf over at Merc Racing?

Or am I stupid, blind or some combination of that?

sorry bout the spelling but I´m a poor lonely Swede.

/Teo
i have a good friend in linkoping.....just sayin'
Old 01-09-2012, 11:00 PM
Registered

All the original testing for the 700 and subsequent 662 testing for validation by Merc racing was done in a 29 outlaw that was/is owned by Merc racing. They bought the boat as a blank and have rigged many different engines/diesels...be back shortly.

Last edited by WOTW2E; 01-09-2012 at 11:41 PM. Reason: too much to type on a phone
Old 01-09-2012, 11:07 PM
Registered

Received 278 Likes on 97 Posts

Not sure what Mercury is talking about but

The Baja in the pic and video is for sure a 35 outlaw. Sweet boat by the way and I hope you get one. Good luck.
Old 01-09-2012, 11:40 PM
Registered

All the original testing for the 700 and subsequent 662 testing for validation by Merc racing was done in a single 29 outlaw that was/is owned by Merc racing. They bought the boat as a blank and have rigged many different engines/diesels/drives in that boat.

BTW They tested the 1350 in a single engine 36 Outlaw that reportedly ran better than 92 with a buried prop.

Anyway, as I recall the first setup for 662s for a side by side application went to Baja to be installed in a 35 that was sold overseas. The first set for a staggered application went to Fountain I think. So Baja rigged the boat and tested locally, then it went to Wisconsin/Racing to be certified.

What escapes me is I can't remember for the life of me that 35 had quad bolsters as shown in the pic. I am damn near positive that it did not.
Old 01-10-2012, 06:37 AM
Teo
Registered

Originally Posted by WOTW2E
BTW They tested the 1350 in a single engine 36 Outlaw that reportedly ran better than 92 with a buried prop.
Cool setup!

Originally Posted by WOTW2E
Anyway, as I recall the first setup for 662s for a side by side application went to Baja to be installed in a 35 that was sold overseas. The first set for a staggered application went to Fountain I think. So Baja rigged the boat and tested locally, then it went to Wisconsin/Racing to be certified.
Ok. Is it possible that the "fejk" Lucky 7 35-OL located in Norway with 662´s, X-haust is that boat? It may just have got a paintjob...

Damn I want it, We neeeds it!

Last edited by Teo; 01-10-2012 at 07:12 AM.
Old 01-10-2012, 07:06 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Teo
Cool setup!

Ok. Is it possible that the "fejk" Lucky 7 35-OL located in Norway with 662´s, X-haust is that boat? It may just have got a paintjob...

Damn I want is, We neeeds it!
Teo. For all us up here in scandinavia, we need the Ilmor 725s That is the largest amount of hp we can run that is CE certified. We got screwed by the EU.
Old 01-10-2012, 07:16 AM
Teo
Registered

Originally Posted by A.O. Razor
Teo. For all us up here in scandinavia, we need the Ilmor 725s That is the largest amount of hp we can run that is CE certified. We got screwed by the EU.
But I dont care that much bout the CE stuff anyway. I could go for the 700SCi as well if I found one cheap. I want the superchargers in combo with the Merc X-haust system because the sound of that sends a tingling sensation through my spine.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.