Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Sbi Results Official (long) >

Sbi Results Official (long)

Notices

Sbi Results Official (long)

Old 06-17-2002, 11:06 AM
Boat Girl

Default Sbi Results Official (long)

Hello All...SBI Results are posted on the website, if there is not a "button" you will have to go to "rankings" then each class as required...

First Off- Super Boat Unlimited...Congrats to Dan, Tague, Dennis and Alfredo, the 4 man cockpit crew of number 2 Aqua Toy Store, you guys never gave up and kept your focus, congrats on a well deserved first win...Congrats to the entire team...And Thank you for your hospitality...

And a hats off to Pier 57...It looked as if they were cruising to another win...Aqua Toy Store took the green but missed the first 5 laps of the race, Pier 57 put on a great show...Toy Store got running again, ignition problem, 2 engines down, but they fixed it on course...and they were coming on strong when 57 broke, no news on what happened to them...Toy Store went on to complete all 14 laps of the 6 mile course...

SuperBoat...Team Jaguar...Rick and Joe...came out not only as class winners, they were solo...but the "old lady" pulled out an overall win in fine fashion...Who would have thunk...a 1991 Jaguar...they put on a great show...Congrats to Rick and Joe and Team Jaguar...

Super V...Muscle was showing the lead for a few laps followed closely by Instigator and Firewater...Muscle had a mechanical...the class was won by Instigator...Congrats to Joe and Peter and crew...

Super V Limited...Dont Blink

Super Stock...Aqua Toy Store has the winning combo...Gary and Mike brought home the checkered for Aqua Toy Store...Supreme Marine and Berrry Cuda fought it out for 2nd and 3rd...what a race...they were side by side at the finish...Deep V and AMT followed suit...

F2- What a day for them...Congrats go to Steve David and Ben Robertson...Great Race Guys...F2-117 Daytona Perf. Marine...took a tumble in turn 1 just past start finish...No injuries...Thank God...F2-15 Invensys was hot on Steve and Bens trail finishing 2nd followed by Miccosukee and Outlaw...

F1...F1-57 Extreme Racing...We missed you Pantera and Typhoon...Come on we need some F1 teams...

Hats off to the local P class guys...they put on a great show for the fans so Great Job...Wazzup, Vixen, Pump It and The Boss...Great show guys... Congrats to Eddie and Anthony of Wazzup, my Hometown boys...

On another note Thanks to the Herbott Racing team for rescuing a damsel in distress...ME...So thank you Anthony and Karen and Philip...Hope SBI made you feel welcome, come and join us anytime...I look forward to seeing you again...Hey remember we race on Sunday in Sarasota...and its only 10 hours...LOL

Thanks SBI for another great weekend and letting me be a part of your team...

Last edited by Boat Girl; 06-17-2002 at 11:32 AM.

Old 06-17-2002, 11:21 AM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the recap. What was the rumored excuse that Jason used this time? I guess he got spooked by his first racing experience. I was hoping that he would bring some attention to SBI. I mean positive attention. What did you hear?
Old 06-17-2002, 11:25 AM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

Thanks BoatGirl. Was SHOCKWAVE there???

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 06-17-2002, 11:26 AM
Boat Girl

Forgot a few things...The weather...Saturday it poored rain...Sunday Sunshine and flat water...

If you all havent noticed the name on the 50 Jaguar has changed...that should tell ya something...

Thank you and congrats to Jack and John and Dawn from Jaguar...Jack you sure do know how to build em...

See you all in Sarasota...

Old 06-17-2002, 11:31 AM
Boat Girl

Sorry, No Shockwave, and no Lynch Mob...you guys promised Scooter Boy would be there... I missed you guys...I hope all is well and hope to see you guys soon...

Old 06-17-2002, 11:32 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Ron P. Enquiring (sp) minds have to know
Old 06-17-2002, 11:45 AM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

I missed Jason on the Late Late show the other night. I heard he blamed the crash on the other boats taking no responsibility at all for his own actions. Once I heard that I was pretty sure he would never face the other racers again.

Well that must have been the shortest racing career in history. At least he is in the record books for something.
Old 06-17-2002, 01:18 PM
Boat Girl

Supposedly he has said more than that...I didnt see the show either, I am curious to see what happened, apparently he had some not so nice words about some other things...

Old 06-17-2002, 01:20 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

BG is right - it was a beautiful sunny day for the race after wind and rain on saturday.
The view from the 7 mile bridge was as awesome as a race can get. There were at least 600 or 700 people on the old bridge and as the boats went UNDER...... it shook the bridge and it was quite a thrill.
Incredible number of spectator and patrol boats - all in all, very organized and great people. A bunch of us from Deerfield were very impressed with Marathon - after so many years of just driving through on our way to Key Weird. Oops, sorry KW people!
BTW - Deerfield Bch race - July 13th & 14th....see you there!
Old 06-17-2002, 01:35 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Thanks BG!

..think you'll be up here (NJ) for our "Big" race in August..???

Quick Reply: Sbi Results Official (long)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.