Leak proof, 10 yrs warrantee headers. >

Leak proof, 10 yrs warrantee headers.

Notices

Leak proof, 10 yrs warrantee headers.

Old 01-10-2012, 08:49 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by thirdchildhood
Will your headers cover engine damage or just the headers? Huge difference here. I think they would have to be long tube polished SS. And not all CMIs are leaking junk. Honestly, I don't think you have a viable idea. JMO.
I appreciate your comment, however, since you really don't know what's my "idea" is, it could still be very viable and it is. And yess... some of the CMI's are ok. And also YES we would cover the motors againts ANY water issues RE: headers. For example... and again this is an example not the design, but if I would cool the headers with forced air and not water, then no WATER could go into the motors.
Just a thought out of the box.
Old 01-10-2012, 09:01 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Panther
Stainless Marine and KE already have products which fill this void. Some of us made the swich to these sysems a long time ago and never looked back. Others seem to be waiting for something new to come out or want to develop something on thier own? Why?

I had 10+ years on my old Stainless Marine's, about 4 years on the Aapche's new system. No leaks, no nothing...

Also, Mercury also has bars which connect the headers to the block to reduce movement.
Well.. is there anythng wrong inventing a better mouse trap? If we would not try to improve on an idea or concept, we would still be in the stone age.
I'm glad you had good luck with your headers. Stainless makes a good set. I'm not aware of KE making their own, I thought they are distributers to a bunch. Who knows? may be they will carry "PARADOX Performance Products" in the future.
I'm not sure the "void" issue is relevant. If the so called "void" is filled we would not be seeing new model cars, engines, hulls, or anything "new". The "model "T" filled a void, now you can buy a Lambo. The "void" is NEVER filled, there is always room for something new and better.
Old 01-10-2012, 09:04 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Expensive Date
Frank, I agree but the Stainless Marine won't fit the 525 heads unless you redrill the head. Stanless marine has a jig they will lone out (with deposit) but drilling holes in heads

Peter, as long as they are not really ugly I don't think it would be an issue if they work, don't leak.
I hear ya but for anyone competent with tools it's pretty easy to drill the holes and tap them in aluminum. Even if you mess up they're aluminum so they can be welded. If someone isn't mechanically inclined then pay some one to do it for 2 hrs.

If someone were to build a manifold specifically for the 525 they would be targeting a very narrow market and sales would be limited. Having castings made for different bolt patterns would be very costly IMHO.
Old 01-10-2012, 09:09 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by PARADOX
I'm not aware of KE making their own, I thought they are distributers to a bunch. Who knows? may be they will carry "PARADOX Performance Products" in the future. .
http://www.keitheickert.com/p-12533-...eader-kit.aspx

Know a bunch of people who have been running them with very good results. They've been out there a long time.
Old 01-10-2012, 09:15 PM
Registered

http://www.keitheickert.com/p-12533-...eader-kit.aspx

Know a bunch of people who have been running them with very good results. They've been out there a long time.
Thanks Panther, I forgot about that one, and yess they been around for a while. For some reason just didn't think of it. Just FYI the stuff I got in mind is all Stainless Steel.
Old 01-10-2012, 10:19 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Wink

Pete:

Glad to hear about your possible new marine header product line. Just some thoughts and suggestions.

Please try and keep a few things in mind as you continue into designs and product of this class.

1. Headers should be headers and not just manifolds.The primary reason most performance boaters buy engines with true headers or add headers to their engines is to increase power. On normally aspirated engines the design and actual function of the header should produce measurable power and torque over a stock manifold or aftermarket manifold system. There is a science to actual runner shape, size and length and a true header should also have a carefully designed merge collector and transition into the tips to extract maximum efficiency from the engine. Todays performance boaters are very savy about performance gains and so you should have a header that produces results that will be verifiable in use and in the boat! There are actually only a small few marine headers that are excellent efficient designs!
2. There should also always be two distinct types of headers for marine performance engines, one long tube for N/A engines and another design specifically for supercharged and turbo charged engines the header requirement will be different especially how each engine type is trying to make maximum power.
3. Asthetics or "bling" in marine performance boats is HUGE, don't let anybody try to convince you its not that important!
Make sure the great looks are there as an aspect of your product and its design.
4. Try to keep the old saying KISS in mind. Keep the product as simple as possible and "Never Make a Product More Complicated than It Needs To Be to Work Well" !!
Keep the finished product easy to install as possible and easy to work on and service after install. Design in a clean finished appearance and tightly packaged as reasonable to keep space and clearance issues at a minimum.
5. Try to design and engineer from a market supported price point backwards to your final design and product. Its really not smart to design and then have to produce a product that is overpriced for its real market to a point where only a few users will purchase it.

I hope these ideas will help in your efforts. If I can be of help, let me know, I think I have a pretty good understanding of the marine exhaust connundrum and a lot of expierence into aspects of header design and performance.

Best Regards,
Ray @ Raylar

Last edited by Raylar; 01-10-2012 at 10:22 PM.
Old 01-11-2012, 05:56 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

KE, IMCO, SM all make manifold/headers that already do this. Plus the KE's out perform ANYTHING and all other headers. They are not big on bling, (Unless you have them Powercoated) that is why I have (2) new sets sitting in my garage waiting for installation someday.

Desert Rage thanks for the pic of your awesome motor w/ KE headers
Attached Images  
Old 01-11-2012, 07:50 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hear ya but for anyone competent with tools it's pretty easy to drill the holes and tap them in aluminum. Even if you mess up they're aluminum so they can be welded. If someone isn't mechanically inclined then pay some one to do it for 2 hrs.

If someone were to build a manifold specifically for the 525 they would be targeting a very narrow market and sales would be limited. Having castings made for different bolt patterns would be very costly IMHO.
i believe its the same pattern as the 496,and some others...
(600sci?)
Old 01-11-2012, 08:31 AM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

Originally Posted by PARADOX
I appreciate your comment, however, since you really don't know what's my "idea" is, it could still be very viable and it is. And yess... some of the CMI's are ok. And also YES we would cover the motors againts ANY water issues RE: headers. For example... and again this is an example not the design, but if I would cool the headers with forced air and not water, then no WATER could go into the motors.
Just a thought out of the box.
I appreciate that clarification and you need explain no further lest someone steal your idea. Now I have three concerns, it would take a huge volume (flow) of air to cool headers and if this comes off a belt driven air pump there will be considerable parasitic power loss (again, you need not comment on this). Also, as Ray pointed out, big power N/A engines need the scavaging effect of tuned long tube headers and that bling is important. We all like to show off our engines. Finally, you would be entering an already crowded market and in a time of poor economy. Again, all JMO. If you can pull this off then best of luck to you.
Old 01-11-2012, 09:44 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 84 Likes on 31 Posts

In my opinion, if it doesn't have the bling but has a cool purpose built look to it then that would be fine. Lets face it, if it were not for the strength/lightweight aspect of carbon fiber, it would just be a black and grey checkerboard plastic cover. It is what it is and does that makes it also look so cool.

I would be interested in seeing something different. Finned pipes for more cooling, oil or alcohol for a cooling fluid that would would be non-harmful to the engine if it did leak, something else.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.