Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
1997 campion chase 910- should i buy it? >

1997 campion chase 910- should i buy it?

Notices

1997 campion chase 910- should i buy it?

Old 01-14-2012, 09:42 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Kichler
Yes it has a blue checkered flag and says goldfinger on the side
thats the boat c2boatman owned..., unless your absolutely stealing it & your in love with it, I would pass, as others have said, there are to many great deals out there on better quality brands
Old 01-16-2012, 10:03 PM
Registered

Would Any Of You Change Your Minds If I Said I Can Buy It For 25k
Old 01-17-2012, 05:15 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Would Any Of You Change Your Minds If I Said I Can Buy It For 25k
That sounds like a low price indeed. Would I change my mind? No. The boat is what it is. All of us can have all sorts of opinions, but needs and taste is different. You want to ask yourself, "will I be satisfied?" Will it run 80+ yes, but does it feel safe and enjoyable to do it, I don't think it does. There is nothing wrong with the build quality itself, it's more of a performance thing. That is why I say, if you're looking for a go-fast, find a purpose build go-fast. I think there is a reason why the 910 never really caught on. Is 25k your budget limit?
Old 01-17-2012, 08:34 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by A.O. Razor
That sounds like a low price indeed. Would I change my mind? No. The boat is what it is. All of us can have all sorts of opinions, but needs and taste is different. You want to ask yourself, "will I be satisfied?" Will it run 80+ yes, but does it feel safe and enjoyable to do it, I don't think it does. There is nothing wrong with the build quality itself, it's more of a performance thing. That is why I say, if you're looking for a go-fast, find a purpose build go-fast. I think there is a reason why the 910 never really caught on. Is 25k your budget limit?
i mostly will use the boat to blast around and to the local hot spots, and the odd time do some playin with buddys racin around, im not a 100% go fast guy, i like to have a cooler on board and relax for the day at islands so ill be mostly using it as a runabout and to open it up every once in while
Old 01-17-2012, 09:24 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

http://www.yachtworld.com/core/listi...oat_id=2425132 Goldfinger won't hit 80 on GPS, I've been on it, Bullet Engines are not a real 525HP from what I understand, with that being said, if the boat is mechanically & structurally sound, 25K would be a decent buy

Last edited by Ran-Dom 32; 01-17-2012 at 11:18 AM. Reason: added link
Old 01-17-2012, 11:05 AM
Registered

Received 283 Likes on 170 Posts

i mostly will use the boat to blast around and to the local hot spots, and the odd time do some playin with buddys racin around, im not a 100% go fast guy, i like to have a cooler on board and relax for the day at islands so ill be mostly using it as a runabout and to open it up every once in while
Sounds like you might be more happy with something like my 28 apache I have listed here. I am the same type of boater and it has served me very well. It has a reefer (boat refridgerator) and large dry storage in the cabin that can be used for coolers or you could convert one to A/C. Has one of the most comfortable cabins ever put into a 28ft boat. My wife loves riding down there with our two year old. Also, has almost brand new stock 502's. That 525 bullet engine is approaching a top end job at 318 hours.
Old 01-17-2012, 12:57 PM
Registered

I'd pass on the Campion ! They are average quality boats at best and definately not a performance boat . I owned a 1990 23' Chase 454 b1 . It would barely hit 60 and felt real loose over 50 . Hull was so thin you could damb near put your fist through it . Wiring is a joke .. crimp connectors and black tape . They are a low to mid quality boat depending on what model and year. I've seen lots of them around , they are built in Kelowna BC . Same guys build those Vector boats but they are of a higher quality and price point .
If you want a runabout , get an older Searay for half that price and it will still be twice the boat as that Campion . If you want quality performance boat , you cant go wrong with a Fountain . Just tossin in my 2 cents here ...lol