Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Michael Allweiss sends letter to race sponsors (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/268647-michael-allweiss-sends-letter-race-sponsors.html)

Smarty 01-15-2012 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by Kingofscreens (Post 3594147)
The difference between a catfish and an attorney is one is a bottom dwelling scum sucker and the other is a fish.

I disagree, I am a lawyer. Not that anyone ever called me a bottom dwelling scum sucker to my face. Kinda thought I am a nice guy, who happens to practice law.

I have read most of the posts regarding this lawsuit, some members on this site are not fond of lawyers, I have no problem with that, but do not group all lawyers as scum, that is nonsense - bullsh*t.

PS I do criminal and traffic law (DUI).

Stephen R. Jones
Attorney-At_Law

pullmytrigger 01-15-2012 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by Xtremeracing (Post 3593371)
When I sign the SBI waver thats my choice and know that I we r on our own. There is so many thing that can go wrong that if you arent ready to save yourself you should stay on the dock.

Ofcourse we depend on rescue but s**T happen I can name 10 diiferent probems that could delay resue diver from getting to us as quick as I would like but it happen. If there was a multiple boat accident in the same turn I'm sure it would take longer then normal. The first and most important thing we are taught in the pool is to NOT try and get out and wait for HELP , stay common use your air and wait. Our tanks are big enough that we could have lunch while we were waiting, beleive me these guys know what they are doing and they will be there in a matter of a min. have seen in numerous times. Let them do what they r trained to do ....

great insight!....thanks for posting

I would also agree that Allwiss would have a conflict of interest in this case....

PhantomChaos 01-15-2012 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by pullmytrigger (Post 3594258)
great insight!....thanks for posting

I would also agree that Allwiss would have a conflict of interest in this case....

Sure.....$hit can happen......like leaving your dive knife at home?

What are people talking about with regards to Mike Allweiss having a conflict of interest? Is he also representing SBI? Just because he has prior experience or even possible prior legal issues with SBI, that is not a conflict of interest......it's nothing of the sort!

BROWNIE 01-16-2012 08:00 AM

It was rumored that Allweiss called in a manatee sighting just before the St Pete race just to mess it up because they dumped him. Sounds about right.........

F1-00 Racing 01-16-2012 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by CaughtREDhanded (Post 3594666)
any more news on this?

Yes, the USCG and insurance company is doing a full and complete investigation into the unfortunate accident and anything posted on these threads in regards to this matter is merely rumor and/or speculation.

Interceptor 01-16-2012 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by F1-00 Racing (Post 3594697)
Yes, the USCG and insurance company is doing a full and complete investigation into the unfortunate accident and anything posted on these threads in regards to this matter is merely rumor and/or speculation.

and what is SBI doing ?

and yes,you are correct that everything is speculation and /or rumor.
ed

PhantomChaos 01-16-2012 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by Interceptor (Post 3594743)
and what is SBI doing ?

I'm sure they are doing the same.....just as OJ is still looking for the killer too.

ROB FREEMAN 01-16-2012 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by PhantomChaos (Post 3594793)
I'm sure they are doing the same.....just as OJ is still looking for the killer too.

not in jail he isnt :evilb:fricken piece of dirt