Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Michael Allweiss sends letter to race sponsors (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/268647-michael-allweiss-sends-letter-race-sponsors.html)

F1-00 Racing 01-16-2012 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by Interceptor (Post 3594743)
and what is SBI doing ?

and yes,you are correct that everything is speculation and /or rumor.
ed

IMO, they are cooperating and providing the "trained investigators" with any information they request, just as an airport would when a plane crashes and the FAA is sent in to investigate it.

POWERPLAY J 01-16-2012 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by F1-00 Racing (Post 3594806)
IMO, they are cooperating and providing the "trained investigators" with any information they request, just as an airport would when a plane crashes and the FAA is sent in to investigate it.

Absolutely as they should! As far as including the sponsors in the suit Mr. A is just doing his job.

Ted G 01-16-2012 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by Interceptor (Post 3594743)
and what is SBI doing ?

ed

Planning an awesome schedule of racing for the next three years....:bsflag:

ActiveThunder 01-16-2012 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by POWERPLAY J (Post 3594820)
Absolutely as they should! As far as including the sponsors in the suit Mr. A is just doing his job.

And he is doing a very FINE job.

The sponsors go away. Nice job. End of story.

Get 'Boatme' back in this talk for his tale of what happened after 'Smoke'.

Pat

OldSchool 01-16-2012 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by ActiveThunder (Post 3594888)
Get 'Boatme' back in this talk for his tale of what happened after 'Smoke'.

Pat

15 posts weren't enough?????????

fountain1fan 01-16-2012 11:16 PM

s thinking about putting on a race of any sort from bmx to offshore . after reading this and the outher tread. i shure the answer would be no . not worth the risk of loseing every thing u got by being sued . robbie

boatme 01-17-2012 05:55 AM

Originally Posted by OldSchool (Post 3594928)
15 posts weren't enough?????????

Aparently it is not sinking in

The attorneys are doing thier jobs trolling for other peoples money and digging for dollars with no thought of future ramifications. End of the day they do NOT HAVE TO SUE they choose to

boatme 01-17-2012 06:05 AM

This is interesting Below is a comment i made in a PM to a boat racer that had PMd Me

This was when the first mention of a suit was going on and the info on going after the sponsors had not yet come to light
read my responce to him

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
XXXX,

With respect it is NO DIFFERENT as you know i have promoted boat races as well as poker runs and the end result is the same.

You have to look at how this effects the sport (I am sure that is what you think you are doing) Mark my words, answers need to be found, and all those involved (Racers and promoters ) need to be concerned that when this is all over that any moneys would better the sport, not one individual group (family members) XXXX, we will have to agree to disagree as I think this issue is becoming very similar to what happened to us and will play out the same way.

Thank you for your point of view

boatme 01-17-2012 06:25 AM

Does anyone have a current copy of the waivers signed at the SBI races?

I will go looking for the waiver that were signed at our event
The ones we used were also used at races at that time It will make for interesting reading

I haven’t opened up those archives in years but i will pick the scab some more to prove to all of you that you can NOT protect yourself from dirt-bag attorneys short of NOT having an event. And those of us who have and who continue to take the risk of putting on events are going to think twice even three times before putting on an event. The sponsors who have only a few bucks into the game will not be effected that much by not sponsoring events why would they put there business on line with even a hint of possible litigation? We all know lawyers go where the money is (or insurance companies are) They do not search out these accidents to make the sport better, Really who believes that a lawsuit for money will change anything for the good except the wallet of the lawyer and possibly the families that the lawyer is using to get money. I believe that the Gratton family has been convinced that a lawsuit is the best way to fix what went wrong. I think in there mind they are doing what is best for the sport. I also believe that the legal system talked them into a suit during there weakest moment (while grieving for there loss) Look at how fast this became suit for MONEY not for change

I will say it again, discovery has nothing to due with talking to sponsors and getting them to make the sport better they are looking for sponsors insurance information so they can get one simple thing MONEY!!!!! it has everything to do with MONEY