Michael Allweiss sends letter to race sponsors

Notices

Michael Allweiss sends letter to race sponsors

Old 01-11-2012, 11:35 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by catastrophe
In his letter to sponsors, Allweiss claims racer Joey Gratton “perished ... because the sponsors failed to provide adequate protection to the participants ...”

What is the connection between what that statement says and ensuring that the tragedy isnt repeated ?

If the move is to rid the industry of a sloppy race organizer why go after sponsors?
There wont be any sponsors for any organizers.

And what does any of this have to do with " Discovery"

Whats the answer about the air ?
Many times the "promotor" is wrongly called the "sponsor" of the race, don't know if that's the case here. But let's assume he really means the sponsors. If he can generate enough fear in the sponsors, they leave SBI and the organization is done. As for discovery, you know that it is attorney's job to find any and all sources of information and frankly, cash. Who they actually pursue is a whole other matter. And it does kind of negate the whole idea that this is a personal vendetta by Mike A. against John C. no?

The boat had full time air per my sources and pics I've seen. If so and the problem was Joey's harness not releasing, he should have just been able to sit (hang) there breathing his supplied air until someone came up with a knife, hatchet, sharp stick, whatever was needed to free him. That is why canopy boats are supposed to have air and the best ones use full time air, thus begging the question - What about his air?
Old 01-11-2012, 11:49 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Ted G
Many times the "promotor" is wrongly called the "sponsor" of the race, don't know if that's the case here. But let's assume he really means the sponsors. If he can generate enough fear in the sponsors, they leave SBI and the organization is done. As for discovery, you know that it is attorney's job to find any and all sources of information and frankly, cash. Who they actually pursue is a whole other matter. And it does kind of negate the whole idea that this is a personal vendetta by Mike A. against John C. no?

The boat had full time air per my sources and pics I've seen. If so and the problem was Joey's harness not releasing, he should have just been able to sit (hang) there breathing his supplied air until someone came up with a knife, hatchet, sharp stick, whatever was needed to free him. That is why canopy boats are supposed to have air and the best ones use full time air, thus begging the question - What about his air?
Well, it isnt the promoters, its small local businesses in KW, including a plumber or plumbing company.
If the goal as I have said is to go after SBI why do it by threatening sponsors ?
Sue SBI.

This is scaring off ALL sponsors for SBI, OSS and OPA.

And WAY more importantly this is scaring off Poker Run sponsors without whose support there will be no charity runs.

And, what about his air ?
Old 01-12-2012, 12:04 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Are we talking in circles now?

I don't disagree that this could effect a lot of sponsors, but they would be reacting to something that has not come to fruition or conclusion yet. And if some races or poker runs are hurt by it then that will just add to the tragedy. And frankly at this point I don't think Mike A. cares about any of that, what I can't decide is should he?
Old 01-12-2012, 12:07 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by catastrophe

And, what about his air ?
Why was he not breathing compressed air? Therefore being able to stay underwater until the bottles ran out. I believe that is what his question was.

Also, this is a pretty sick way to make changes in the sport, but I guess one big change will happen, No organization will race in Florida anymore. At least not with any sponsors.
Old 01-12-2012, 12:23 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Philm;[B
3591610]Why was he not breathing compressed air? Therefore being able to stay underwater until the bottles ran out. I believe that is what his question was
Originally Posted by Philm;[B
[/B].

Also, this is a pretty sick way to make changes in the sport, but I guess one big change will happen, No organization will race in Florida anymore. At least not with any sponsors.
Who knows the answer to this ??

I know who doesnt know. The sponsors.
Old 01-12-2012, 12:46 AM
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ted G
Many times the "promotor" is wrongly called the "sponsor" of the race, don't know if that's the case here.
Exactly what I was thinking when I firs read this!
Old 01-12-2012, 05:13 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ok I will jump back into this

I am expecting another round of PM's coming at me but it is ok this is just so wrong

I know some think this is different a Poker Run vs Boat Racing but when it comes to promoting events it is not!

After the lawsuit started with us over the deaths at Smoke On The Water the phone started ringing from our sponsors because they were afraid of being included in a lawsuit. Some told us right then and there that they will not be sponsoring another event because they do not want the liability. Now with Mike A starting this it will only further hurt the event as well as the racers as some of the companies noted on the sides of the boats will also back away if they think they will be sued

This kind of lawsuit will help to ruin the ability to secure sponsors in the future and they are the life blood for many events

Shame on Mike A and shame on the legal system This is not helping to get answers or to further safety in the sport, it is using bullying and scare tactics to get their way (and to get money)

Another black eye for offshore and another sad day for promoting events
Old 01-12-2012, 05:22 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by PhantomChaos
When rescue divers arrived, Page was forced to swim to safety. He says divers couldn't even save Gratton, "Response time is everything and in these kind of accidents we don't have much time left and it's important that the divers make it there and they're properly equipped."

Page is hoping this tragedy will convince the racing industry to equip boats with knives or some tool that can cut through these vinyl safety harnesses. He says, "I kind of think there's got to be a way for us to put something in there somewhere that could be secured that would allow us to extricate. I could've cut Joey out if I had that."

Page says the rescue divers apparently didn't have these tools either and that's unacceptable. Gratton leaves behind a wife and two twin boys. We called the Gratton's attorney but never heard back. We are told he's planning to file a lawsuit. Meanwhile, Page is setting up a foundation to help tighten the rules of offshore racing

So the question is -- Do we need some lawsuit to solve problems in the future? If they have identified the problem and the solution is knives (and possibly full time air) then make those things that were in need of fixing MANDATORY and lets move forward (hopefully safer) do we need a multi million dollar lawsuit to get that done ??? I keep saying this Lawsuits will not change the sport for the better only for the worse ! (see the dwindling sponsors) Those closely involved will make the changes and the lawyers will reap the financial benefits. A Foundation set up for saftey sounds great, do we need a lawsuit to set up a foundation ???
Old 01-12-2012, 05:29 AM
Registered

I will say it again LAWYERS are ruining this country and we need to put a leash on there abilities to intimidate and threaten. That is exactly what is happening here and the future of events WILL be hurt by this attempt at scare tactics

In my opinion, As far as discovery goes they do NOT HAVE TO INCLUDE THE SPONSORS! Mike A seems to have chosen to include them as a way to twist the arms of the locals to oust SBI and Carbonel

If you want Carbonell and SBI out then go to the city and lobby for the change but suing sponsors is a short sided fix that will cause long term issues

SHAME AN THE LEAGLE SYSTEM Shame on MIKE A
Old 01-12-2012, 05:35 AM
Registered

Man am I fired up this morning

I have just started to voice my opinion as I have been through one of these offshore lawsuits, and in the end it closed up a great event, that raised a lot of money for Make a wish. It also made a bunch of lawyers a lot of money and two families Millionaires overnight. Sad Sad Sad

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.