Michael Allweiss sends letter to race sponsors >

Michael Allweiss sends letter to race sponsors

Notices

Michael Allweiss sends letter to race sponsors

Old 01-13-2012, 10:30 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jack Carmody was lost during the race in Corpus, not during testing.
Old 01-13-2012, 11:12 PM
Registered

money money money !!!
Old 01-14-2012, 12:20 AM
4FX
Registered

The way I see it for the sponsors the ones writing a check just for event exposer and that's it with the laws or ordinances will be left out of this mess. The sponsors that had "Direct" exposer on the planning and organizing of the event will be part of the suit, due to the fact that they had some part in the "Actual" planning who what where etc etc and could have had added more support or concern in planning other aspects of such event. To me that makes them liable to all that take place in an event. The last time I sponsored a pokerrun I did it as a bystander/occupant a cheaper sponsorship cost. I could have antied up and been in the planning/safety stages of such event due to lack of time not money.

HabanaJoe I think you're right on in your posts and agree 100% with you.

As for Mike A. being against John C. so be it if that's what alot of you are thinking. I have seen and been to many and all of the racing orgs races in the past and I'll tell you what I'd NEVER race a SBI event due to the lack of safety and kind of safety there that I didn't see compared to a APBA/UIM race. In seeing all the safety, patrol, and course control boats all being seperated at an APBA/UIM race meaning that each class of boats had a certain duty to perform and liable for IMO at SBI races I saw some boats pulling multiple duties and to me that not safe!! ie a safety dive boat doing race course control duties taking them way ouut of position if anything were to happen in that area safety was comprimised. to me APBA/UIM , OSS, and OPA are like taking your car or boat to the dealership for warrenty work and SBI going to a shade tree maechanic that might be ASE Cert or was at some time in the past and riding that history/past to this date to get work.
Old 01-14-2012, 07:43 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 4FX
The way I see it for the sponsors the ones writing a check just for event exposer and that's it with the laws or ordinances will be left out of this mess. The sponsors that had "Direct" exposer on the planning and organizing of the event will be part of the suit, due to the fact that they had some part in the "Actual" planning who what where etc etc and could have had added more support or concern in planning other aspects of such event. To me that makes them liable to all that take place in an event. The last time I sponsored a pokerrun I did it as a bystander/occupant a cheaper sponsorship cost. I could have antied up and been in the planning/safety stages of such event due to lack of time not money.

HabanaJoe I think you're right on in your posts and agree 100% with you.

As for Mike A. being against John C. so be it if that's what alot of you are thinking. I have seen and been to many and all of the racing orgs races in the past and I'll tell you what I'd NEVER race a SBI event due to the lack of safety and kind of safety there that I didn't see compared to a APBA/UIM race. In seeing all the safety, patrol, and course control boats all being seperated at an APBA/UIM race meaning that each class of boats had a certain duty to perform and liable for IMO at SBI races I saw some boats pulling multiple duties and to me that not safe!! ie a safety dive boat doing race course control duties taking them way ouut of position if anything were to happen in that area safety was comprimised. to me APBA/UIM , OSS, and OPA are like taking your car or boat to the dealership for warrenty work and SBI going to a shade tree maechanic that might be ASE Cert or was at some time in the past and riding that history/past to this date to get work.
As a racer I was concerned all the time.
Old 01-14-2012, 08:04 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by catastrophe
I find it equally concerning that a canopy boat racer would care if that was in the rules or not.
There is something to be said for self preservation.
Agreed. I wouldn't step foot into a canopied race boat without air, either.

However, how in the hell does a race sanction inspect and determine a boat's safety compliance without this crucial rule in place?
Old 01-14-2012, 08:43 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would think its the crews responsibility, no different then if we had a fuel leak and burnt up and my crew didnt catch it. Or even as small a thing as a drain plug and we all know it happens , so whos fault is that the inspectors. I know as a racer I double check my own S--T its my life no one else and i need to be responsibile for myself . The saftey equipment is checked every race no different then anything else of the boat. You see techs in the bilge at a race for hrs working on motors and no one cks the saftey equipment come on .

I know teams that after a race said they forgot to turn their air tank on and kinda made a joke of it....I didnt get the humor in it sorry.
Old 01-14-2012, 08:48 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by CigDaze

However, how in the hell does a race sanction inspect and determine a boat's safety compliance without this crucial rule in place?
Its called racers common scence, I know i dont need anyone to tell me what type of saftey equipment I should have to save my own life thats crazy. We r so way over killl its not funny...2 knives, 2 spare air, glow sticks, new vests and we pull the tanks and have them re filled and checked if they need it or not.
Old 01-14-2012, 08:52 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by CigDaze

Just read OPA and OSS rules re air supply.

Both very specific and well written.

Read the General Rules and Technical Rules for SBI...no reference to emergency air.

On more than one page there is a statement that states that if a subject or rule pertaining to a specific subject is not included " Consider it Illegal " Surely that cannot be the case here.
It also states that the organizer can be contacted directly re questions regarding clarification to any subject.

Perhaps there is a completely seperate document that is not referenced on this thread that specifically covers emergency air.

Given that 2 out of the 3 sanctioning bodies have explicit rules re air supply for canopy boats, could you call that issue "common practice " ?

IF there is a seperate SBI document that covers air then the following point is moot.

Whose responsibility is it if a boat has a non functioning air system ? Was the air system in the subject boat operational at the start of the race? Was the air system damaged in the accident ? Would the air system in the subject boat and the operation of it pass the rules/scrutiny of the other 2 sanctioning bodies ?
IF there is a document from SBI covering emergency air, did the air supply in this boat meet that criteria ?

Forgetting all written documentation re air supply, did the safety inspection at this event include inspection of the air supply in this boat ?
Old 01-14-2012, 08:56 AM
Registered

When I sign the SBI waver thats my choice and know that I we r on our own. There is so many thing that can go wrong that if you arent ready to save yourself you should stay on the dock.

Ofcourse we depend on rescue but s**T happen I can name 10 diiferent probems that could delay resue diver from getting to us as quick as I would like but it happen. If there was a multiple boat accident in the same turn I'm sure it would take longer then normal. The first and most important thing we are taught in the pool is to NOT try and get out and wait for HELP , stay common use your air and wait. Our tanks are big enough that we could have lunch while we were waiting, beleive me these guys know what they are doing and they will be there in a matter of a min. have seen in numerous times. Let them do what they r trained to do ....
Old 01-14-2012, 08:57 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Xtremeracing
I would think its the crews responsibility, no different then if we had a fuel leak and burnt up and my crew didnt catch it. Or even as small a thing as a drain plug and we all know it happens , so whos fault is that the inspectors. I know as a racer I double check my own S--T its my life no one else and i need to be responsibile for myself . The saftey equipment is checked every race no different then anything else of the boat. You see techs in the bilge at a race for hrs working on motors and no one cks the saftey equipment come on .

I know teams that after a race said they forgot to turn their air tank on and kinda made a joke of it....I didnt get the humor in it sorry.
EXACTLY....Agree 100%
Personal responsibility
Self Preservation

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.