Notices

Buying 1st boat

Old 01-13-2012, 08:13 AM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by CrownHawg
You want to buy a 40-50' 100+ MPH boat and you don't know anything about inboards/outdrives? No offense, but I have been around boats and boating all my life and would never dream of starting off on my FIRST BOAT with such a beast. Good luck with your search and please get some qualified help before you pull the trigger on something that may kill you or your loved ones.
No worries, he starts every thread like this.

Shortly he will come back as an "expert" and tell you what he found through research.

I know you guys want to help, but you need to search Jim Darr on this site.

Name one time in your life that you remember someone coming to this site to buy their first $400,000 boat, with no friends with similar boats. Just a guy, that wants to buy his first 40ft + 100mph boat for 400k?
Old 01-13-2012, 08:16 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not hating at all. Is your 42 Tiger your FIRST boat?

Just cause you got the coin, don't mean you got the skills. Just trying to caution this guy on what a real "Gofast" can do. Yeah, if I had the dough I would LOVE to get into a boat like he describes, but not for my FIRST....

EDIT: Yeah 4bus, I was suspect as well. We'll see shortly.....
Old 01-13-2012, 08:18 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 4bus

Shortly he will come back as an "expert" and tell you what he found through research.

Name one time in your life that you remember someone coming to this site to buy their first $400,000 boat, with no friends with similar boats. Just a guy, that wants to buy his first 40ft + 100mph boat for 400k?
Agreed
Odd first post.
Old 01-13-2012, 08:19 AM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by CrownHawg
Not hating at all. Is your 42 Tiger your FIRST boat?

Just cause you got the coin, don't mean you got the skills. Just trying to caution this guy on what a real "Gofast" can do. Yeah, if I had the dough I would LOVE to get into a boat like he describes, but not for my FIRST....

EDIT: Yeah 4bus, I was suspect as well. We'll see shortly.....
Actually the 42 Tiger would be safer as a first boat, as compared to a 25' single that does 80 mph.
Old 01-13-2012, 08:44 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Mattakiss
I thought so too but i have read many negative reviews regarding their rough water performance and comfort as well as aren't they out of business? I would lke to be able to get parts for boat as I think i will probably have it for at least 7-10yrs.

Mattakiss
Engine parts and drive parts are universal. And is really just about anything else. Yeah they arent making new as far as I know but Im sure you can still get a new one that has never been bought or new used. I thought fountains have pretty good rough water hulls.
Old 01-13-2012, 08:46 AM
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

big waves=big water,,,,,,,,GO BIG.
Old 01-13-2012, 08:52 AM
Registered

I appreciate the concern but actually have experience in a 100mph 29"ft Boeing racing boat and have a cadre of friends who race the Great Race in Trinidad all the time so I have people to coach me along. Also plan to go to a high performace boating class in US with the boat before I ship it (as long as it doen't affect me not paying sales tax).

As i said before where I am people mostly have outboards so am asking for advice on inboard from people who use them compared to inboards.

I was actually thinking 750sc from mercruiser, I see on their website that they are rated for 89 octance gas, thats what we get down here.

Any opinions on Cigarette boats? I dont see as much up for re-sale compared to other boats so am guessing that their owners love them and hang on to them or they don't sell plenty.

@wlwaldock - thanks for info. Will contact him asap.

@CrownHawg - doesnt make a difference for first boat I think. If you are stupid enough to go full blast from day one with out learning to operate your boat you deserve what you get no? Besides have a friend that bought her 2 kids (20 & 22) a 34 Powerplay and those lil buggas fitted 2 x 300 XS on them as soon as they got it and they are still alive.

Mattakiss
Old 01-13-2012, 09:30 AM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

For sale overseas.
Old 01-13-2012, 09:45 AM
Registered

Go with a cigarette.
Old 01-13-2012, 03:15 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 4bus

Mattakiss yeah what kind of crazy name is that?? A Jim Darr name no doubt.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.