Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Jobbienooner just 3 days away..... >

Jobbienooner just 3 days away.....

Notices

Jobbienooner just 3 days away.....

Old 06-18-2002, 10:23 AM
Aces & Eights

Talking Jobbienooner just 3 days away.....

So has anyone heard if there planning on shutting down the island? Also how much island is left after the water has gone up this year.
I haven't been out there yet this year, but I know Sand Island is just about all under water except for about 3 foot wide patch.

The outlook calls for 85 degrees with a chance of T-storms.

See everyone there....

Old 06-18-2002, 10:34 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It is a go. They are not shutting the island down and it's still big. I was there 2 weeks ago and it doesn't seem to be much smaller than last year.

What are you driving Aces & Eights?
Old 06-18-2002, 10:38 AM
Registered

Woohoo!!! (^)(^) LOL
Old 06-18-2002, 10:39 AM
Aces & Eights

I have a 1998 Baja 322,

but it's up in the air as to either bring that or my jet boat. I figure with the jet boat I can maneuver a little easier around all the boats and get in close. All we need is a big cruiser to call "Command Central" to hold all the ginger ale's....

Then we can scout for the local talent....

Old 06-18-2002, 10:46 AM
Registered

Yummy, local talent!

Ok .. who's hiding in the woods with a big ass cruiser to call home base? Someone's lurking out there!
Old 06-18-2002, 11:50 AM
Registered

Thumbs up

ALRIGHT ???? O.K. Board Gods......get the 2002 Jobienooner OSO Photo Gallery set-up........
Old 06-18-2002, 02:22 PM
Registered

Just mind your p's & q's, and make sure you have your registrations handy, all safety equipment aboard, and plenty of jackets, cuz word is that they will be stoping every boat they can for safety checks, and any alcohol suspisions will be given a breathalizer, and no breaks on any violations. Kind of like my bs ticket last year, or tickets... One pulling out of gull island, and another 2 citations when I arrived at metro beach within 5 minutes of getting my last ticket.

The only defenseis to be courteous,fully expect to get stopped, have your stuff ready to go, and be sober, and have a good time. That insure's you wont be the one they are looking for. Let the passengers drink whatever they want, or have a designated driver, I cant stress it enough.
Old 06-18-2002, 02:32 PM
turbo2256

Rob,

Are you planing for more tickits this year ?

Old 06-18-2002, 02:52 PM
Registered

We'll probably just spend the night, that way we avoid all the hassle. I'm pretty sure I won't have someone sober on board!
Old 06-18-2002, 03:12 PM
Registered

let's hope not, I got one for not enough life jackets only because two poeple hopped on and I idled forwards 10 feet to my friends broken boat that they hopped off of and grabbed the extra one jacket I needed and they didn't have any lieniency at all about it, even though he had them in his hand, waiting to give them to me before I moved. The coast guard got me for not having my registration on me, and I only had 1 portable fire extinguisher, instead of 2, cuz I thought the halon system counted as 1 of the 2, but not so. The coast guard guys were really cool about it, and said they pulled me over to scope out the girls onboard which said I couldn't blame them for doing that... That was where I was dropping off everyone at the end of the day, so they all left and they finished writing me up, and joke with me about it.
I am planning on getting stopped again, whichh is fine with me, but this time I've got my registration, and 2 portable extinguishers, saftey kit, flares, throwable pfd and 18 Jackets aboard. I think I'm good, and I'll be drinking water all day.