Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Well, I got the fire out... (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/26879-well-i-got-fire-out.html)

Madcow 06-18-2002 03:30 PM

Well, I got the fire out...

I set my truck on fire last week coming back from Smoke. I stopped for gas, and when I checked the trans fluid it puked out all over the exaust, and guess what happened then. I threw the bucket of washer fluid on it, and got it out with very little damage. So all you folks out there with GM trucks, DON'T CHECK THE TRANS WHEN IT'S TOO HOT!!!

goob 06-18-2002 09:49 PM

The flash point on trans fluid is very low. Two years ago and the W C race in Bristol, Tenn a guy had a brand new F250 crew cab short bed 4wd with a fifth whell trailer on the back. He was backing up a steep hill when poof. Everybody started yelling I turned around and flames rolling out from under the truck. This guy backed the trailer and another unhooked it he pulled forward and the truck burnt up. But at least he had a place to stay. I heard that the trans fluid came out of the dipstick tube and on exhaust from backing up the incline.

MnFastBoat 06-18-2002 11:30 PM

buddy on mine told me about a time when he was down in Arizona pulling a boat home and he smelt something burning while driving through the mountains. He did not stopp. But once he did stop to get gas he opened the hood and the entire firewall was blackened. :eek:
Checked the tranny fluid and it was empty on the stick

dip stick was also pushed out of the tube.

The suspect that it built up so much pressure it boiled out and caught on fire.
Good thing he did not stop and the fire went out on its own due to the extra wind .

Lucky
Madcow,
Glad everything also worked out for you.

packinair 01-03-2005 09:53 PM

Re: Well, I got the fire out...

:evilb: :evilb: :evilb:

masher44 01-03-2005 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by Madcow
I set my truck on fire last week coming back from Smoke. I stopped for gas, and when I checked the trans fluid it puked out all over the exaust, and guess what happened then. I threw the bucket of washer fluid on it, and got it out with very little damage. So all you folks out there with GM trucks, DON'T CHECK THE TRANS WHEN IT'S TOO HOT!!!

That's like saying " Dont smell your finger after picking your ass"

Madcow 01-03-2005 10:30 PM

So where the hell did this ghost come from?

packinair 01-03-2005 10:32 PM

who knows

Scott B 01-04-2005 05:11 AM

Obviously someone did a search on picking your *ss.. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D