Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Time for a new boat (new to me) (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/268895-time-new-boat-new-me.html)

Sydwayz 01-16-2012 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by audacity (Post 3595006)
is there at much head room in a 33 as there was in the 32?

Yes, but we can take that disuccsion off this thread to keep it on track for Jason.

RollWithIt 01-16-2012 09:21 PM

I appreciate all the input guys. I have also looked at pics of the 33 and 38 Donzi zx. I kinda break some of the boats down like this..

33 and 36 outlaws have good room as to the 33 and 38 Donzi zx.. You just sacrifice some speed for the room and comfort.

The Fountains are fast but a lil more compact. Definately performance then luxury but I do like their layout. Also, Im aware of the beak issue.. lol. I know you have to step up in size for a comparable boat. As you do with any boat that has an integrated swim platform.

I do plan on looking at the ones at Grand Sport as well. I think I have all the major dealers listed on my favorites list. :)

the Active Thunder and Donzi zr series are kinda a combination of speed and luxury but the Donzi 35 and 38 zr are out of my price range..

audacity 01-16-2012 09:32 PM

cool....just curious.
but if rick is selling my old boat he live's in the same state i think....have em go look at a cool boat with a $hit ton of gauges!

36Envision 01-16-2012 09:40 PM

I bet you could get into a nice, mid to late 90's, non-blower powered Cigarette Top Gun for $80K. We absolutely love ours and it is a re-rigged 1995. As previously mentioned try Shogren Performance Marine and also make sure to give Brett Manire a call with Performance Boat Brokerage at Lake of the Ozarks as he may likely have something formally or informally listed that might spark your interest and fit your needs. I think PBB has some good stuff listed in your range right now. Good luck and have fun shopping!

Stormrider 01-16-2012 09:47 PM

Shogren 38 Nortech

Tom A. 01-17-2012 08:10 AM

That 38 Nor-Tech is a lot of boat for the money, seems like a good deal. You have to watch financing and insurance on boats over 10 years old.

As for the Donzis, my friend had a 33zx and that boat was awesome. It rides like a much bigger boat and had a ton of space for a 33. It was pretty fast for its size too. This one would move nice with 525s:

http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o41271-en.html

This looks like a good deal on a Cigarette, don't know anything about it:

http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o41271-en.html

45Tripps 01-17-2012 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by RollWithIt (Post 3595037)
I appreciate all the input guys. I have also looked at pics of the 33 and 38 Donzi zx. I kinda break some of the boats down like this..

33 and 36 outlaws have good room as to the 33 and 38 Donzi zx.. You just sacrifice some speed for the room and comfort.

The Fountains are fast but a lil more compact. Definately performance then luxury but I do like their layout. Also, Im aware of the beak issue.. lol. I know you have to step up in size for a comparable boat. As you do with any boat that has an integrated swim platform.

I do plan on looking at the ones at Grand Sport as well. I think I have all the major dealers listed on my favorites list. :)

the Active Thunder and Donzi zr series are kinda a combination of speed and luxury but the Donzi 35 and 38 zr are out of my price range..

All the Sonics have the integrated swim platform. Great boats especially for rough water. Great ammenities and great head room. I like the integrated swim platform.

They may not be as fast as similar boats the same size with the same power. Your choice- comfort or speed, all depends on what type boating you do.

We do alot of overnighting, so the Sonic fits our needs perfectly. Someone is always faster no matter what you have- size or power wise.

There are some good prices on many boats out there right now. My advice- go as big as possible, that you can afford- fuel wise, tow/storage wise, your ability to pay costs for repairs when they come. And for the comfort and ride quality your looking for.

4bus 01-17-2012 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by Tom A. (Post 3595198)
You have to watch financing and insurance on boats over 10 years old.

+ 1

If you are financing talk to your bank first.

Banks are still doing boat loans, but have limitations in place that were not there 10 years ago. It may be a factor in your decision.

audacity 01-17-2012 08:59 AM

my 1st wife really wanted a sonic for the looks and amenities. a few of our friends had them. the hustlers (not the slingshots) were also on her list for head room amenities. i like running in big water and all those amenities are just things that are going to get ripped out and destroyed.
that nor tech looks like a good deal...i just can't get over how much boats have depreciated over the past 7 years! you can get a ton of boat right now for the money!

RollWithIt 01-17-2012 11:40 AM

Performance Boat Brokerage is another site I troll alot looking at boats. They have had some nice deals go through there.

I plan on speaking with my bank, credit union and then contact a couple loan companies that I've seen on here. I figure I can take advantage when Im in Miami for the show and speak with a couple in person. I know the financing has definately changed from a few years back.

If only money wasnt an issue, I'd buy a Nortech 36 Cat with turbines.. :)