Fastest boat 33ft or bigger for $75k or under??? what can be bought >

Fastest boat 33ft or bigger for $75k or under??? what can be bought

Notices

Fastest boat 33ft or bigger for $75k or under??? what can be bought

Old 01-18-2012, 07:48 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 302Sport
Already crawled all over that boat right after Christmas, decent boat but still can't get over the fact with all that power it won't run 110mph
For a cat that runs below 110 with 1000SC's, the espenses of running that thing make no sense IMO. Simply said, speed, boat price and running costs don't add up. Those motors will probably get through 110+ gph each at wot. I know in our sport, we usually should not think too much about fuel usage, but this is a lot for the speed. And on top of that is the maintenance and rebuild times of the 1000SC's.

Last edited by A.O. Razor; 01-18-2012 at 07:54 AM.
Old 01-18-2012, 07:55 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 281 Likes on 135 Posts

I agree and think with that hp and such low speed you would be better off in a vee bottom. They're not 1000's either, more like high 8's..
Old 01-18-2012, 08:36 AM
Registered

Received 105 Likes on 62 Posts

I agree and think with that hp and such low speed you would be better off in a vee bottom. They're not 1000's either, more like high 8's..
Whether it does 110 or 115, who really cares at that price! Whats cooler than rollin in a 40 Ft cat?? Youll prolly never have drive issues, the boat is done and complete. LOTS of room for your ho's and should run in big water....all for 60 somethin grand? PLUS, the engines are detuned...turn um' up and run over 110 in a 40 ft cat! You dont go far anyway!
Old 01-18-2012, 08:38 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

He's being a ball buster, and nothing under 33 feet

Originally Posted by Griff
I have pics of them too,but you will have to PM me for them because everything is top secret including the prices, model and pics

I know where there are a bunch of them too........In your dreams
Speaking of ball busters, that's pretty damn funny right there!

Already crawled all over that boat right after Christmas, decent boat but still can't get over the fact with all that power it won't run 110mph
I honestly was strongly considering this boat. I think it has a lot of functionality to it and would make a fantastic offshore party boat. Dave did the engines and they are fresh. It has a cabin and lots of room in the cockpit for your posse. It's a nice looking boat too. Probably one of the biggest all around bangs for your buck out there IMO.

I know you need to do 150 mph Adam, but 110 is flat out moving on anything but dead calm water... which we never see unless on the river at 4AM. Seriously, there are few times you can 'safely' run those speeds and after you do it a few times in anything more than a 6" chop you'll realze just how fast that really is and how stupid it is to run at those speeds on a regular basis.

I would have pulled the trigger on this boat but the width for me was a deal killer... Something else to think about if you're going to be towing it at all. Pulling a 12' (or even a 10+ foot) boat around here on the weekends is big trouble waiting to happen. This, wanting a full cabin so we could sleep on the boat, and insurance cost was why I decided to focus on 8'6" vees rather than the larger cats I was considering. Not as fast, but way more functional than the basic stripped out overwidth rockship with seating for 4 or 5.

If the width isn't a biggie, this boat is worth strongly considering IMO. I know Denis took great care of it and always had an open checkbook when it came to maintenance and upkeep of both the boat and the engines. Gotta love the drives too.

Just my 2 cents.
Old 01-18-2012, 08:47 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

I agree Scot but a lot has happened with the boat since it was donated and I feel like there is something fishy with the engine swap from the skater and some other stuff.
Old 01-18-2012, 10:41 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Give Dave Wesseldyk a call if you're actually seriously interested in the boat. While he and Denis parted ways Dave is a straight shooter and will give you the 411 on everything. Text or PM me your email addy if you want more info and documentaion on those engines as well as Dave's number. I have lots of pics from the rebuild, it was done right and well documented.

In a nutshell the engines were completely re-build for the 39 express. They have new pistons, rods, cams, lifters, springs, valves, etc. The engines also have pistons oilers. They weren't swapped because there was anything wrong with them...
Old 01-18-2012, 10:46 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 246 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by Gary864
V Bottom - I would say Smarty's Phantom (I think it still for sale). 34 ft of hot rod.I know mine runs great and you are hard pressed to find a better ride for it's size. They handle like a dream.
Yes it is, 90-92 mph, new power - very mild package.
Attached Thumbnails Fastest boat 33ft or bigger for k or under??? what can be bought-91mphocnj.jpg   Fastest boat 33ft or bigger for k or under??? what can be bought-img_0406.jpg  
Old 01-18-2012, 11:10 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Scot the motors that were built for the ocean express have been put in the 40 skater that was also donated. He seems very reluctant to sea trial the boat and claims he wants more money if anybody wants a sea trial because he has to put insurance on the boat. Simple fact is that the boat has not run in like 4 years now so who knows what could be wrong with it
Old 01-18-2012, 11:35 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Like I said If I was in the market and didn't have my Phantom Smarty's Phantom would be it.
Old 01-18-2012, 11:37 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

My current boat will do 90 with a couple more hp but whatever I get has to run 105 or better

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.