Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Saltwater Drowning Named Cause of Death for Morgan and Tillman >

Saltwater Drowning Named Cause of Death for Morgan and Tillman

Notices

Saltwater Drowning Named Cause of Death for Morgan and Tillman

Old 01-20-2012, 02:29 PM
Registered

Received 324 Likes on 126 Posts

I did read it and understand fully you have not grasped the foundation or logistics of boat racing.

Becoming an assets at an event is as easy as volunteering yourself and your boat. I recommend this very highly, so that you can get first hand knowledge of the procedures, implementations of safety, who does what,where and why, communication, the actual layout of a race course this includes the racing area, safety barrier and spectators, both on land and water.

I am not saying your thought process should be hindered, many ideas are good in making people think, all I am asking is take it to the "thread" that already has all the Thinkers posting.

This thread is not the same circumstances nor the background of the accident as is the other thread... Just the VERY BAD outcome of events. Your comments as posted thus far, relate much more to the other accident than this one.
Old 01-20-2012, 08:38 PM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by bajaholic
With all due respect... PLEASE TAKE YOUR COMMENTS TO THE "OTHER" thread. There is numerous people there that will be more than willing to explain in better terms as to why you appear to be misguided.

I digress... Your lack of knowledge in the aspects of boat racing is making you look like a 4th grade science student trying to argue the law of physics to a college professor of engineering. Most of your "bright ideas", are already in place, others make no sence at all in regards to the overall safety of an event...

Here is an example:. Swimmers crossing a channel to get to a emergency situation boat. How many of those people themselves will become targets of the next boat in line that cannot see them and/or how many of them will become victims of drowning trying to get there because they have no flotation device, don't know the current and may overestimate their ability to swim in the first place... Ya That makes for a good call....

Many of us that are posting have been involved in the Racing circuit, rather it Be OSS, APBA, SBI etc. In my case we were a Patrol Boat. Once you participate in an event as a "asset" then you will know what goes on and will be qualified to give an educated opinion. Until then, I recommend you sit back and learn before you make such matter of fact statements. JMHO
BAJAHOLIC,no sence in trying to explain anything to pslonaker,he is in his own little dream world,anyone that would suggest spectators watching the race should jump in the ocean and attempt to swim to a crash to render assistance just does not understand reality!
Old 01-23-2012, 05:36 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by pslonaker
As for whatever an ER nurse says...I take it with a grain of salt. If a doctor was to say the impact probably killed them...then I would be more in line to believe what a doctor says, but a nurse bumping their gums when they shouldnt...carries no weight with me at all.

Interesting statement

I have two ex wives that are nurses and after observing them and their work, and hearing the stories that go on at hospitals I would trust a nurse as much, if not more, than a doctor. You want the brutal truth you talk to a nurse , you want the soft sell version you talk to the doctor (just my opinion)
Old 01-23-2012, 06:36 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bajaholic
I did read it and understand fully you have not grasped the foundation or logistics of boat racing.

Becoming an assets at an event is as easy as volunteering yourself and your boat. I recommend this very highly, so that you can get first hand knowledge of the procedures, implementations of safety, who does what,where and why, communication, the actual layout of a race course this includes the racing area, safety barrier and spectators, both on land and water.

I am not saying your thought process should be hindered, many ideas are good in making people think, all I am asking is take it to the "thread" that already has all the Thinkers posting.

This thread is not the same circumstances nor the background of the accident as is the other thread... Just the VERY BAD outcome of events. Your comments as posted thus far, relate much more to the other accident than this one.
I agree with you on what you said. The poster has the best intentions in mind but I dont think he grasp reality. With a dumped boat you have a potential for spilled fuel, fires, drivers caught in the boat, rough weather, other boats running by you. By standers and other racers need to just step back. This is not like a drag race where the boat is on a flat level surface with no water. People have the best intentions when they say things like this but its just not reality. Its a boat race where boats are going well over 100mph and they do crash, people will die, if you dont want to die then dont race. But I think any racer accepts that when they in fact decide to race.