Notices

it has arrived (project)

Old 06-18-2002, 11:15 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Mark, The motor looks great. Do you have any Pic's of the boat posted? I am impressed, you said Roxie has many talents.
Philip
Is there a Whipple in the motors future?
Old 06-18-2002, 11:19 PM
Registered

So what Kinda parts you have in that mighty mouse? I built a 383 over the winter and love it.. runs like a raped ape... around 400 hp on a good day... went up 4" in pitch and went from 59 to 73 so far.. still going up 1" more in pitch to bring the rpms downt to around 5300...

good luck and it looks great...
Old 06-18-2002, 11:55 PM
Registered

I had a par of 383's in an old Scarab I used to have. You can REALY make them run good. Good luck!
Old 06-19-2002, 07:13 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

Nasty,
Nice looking motor and blige! Did you have your motor done locally?
MD
Old 06-19-2002, 07:53 AM
olysan

That thing looks good.

What kind of valve covers are you using?

Is that your original pulley/belt setup? I'm running an alpha, but have considered going to a bravo style pump, which would mean I'd have to go with that same setup.

Mike

Old 06-19-2002, 04:31 PM
Registered

Hey Philip....no whipples in this one.... but you can count on at least one in the next boat am staying with my volvo drive so I didn't want to stress it too much ...we plan on hanging this boat in the living room of our next house ... so gotta keep it in good shape.... A guy can dream can't he ? Actually being a 74 and a little rare we are trying to keep it all original minus this engine which .... It's killing me !! cause I am one to never leave anything stock ...

whent thru the drive too....
Attached Thumbnails it has arrived (project)-drive-b.jpg  
Old 06-19-2002, 04:32 PM
Registered

obviously the last pic was before.....
Attached Thumbnails it has arrived (project)-drive-2.jpg  
Old 06-19-2002, 04:42 PM
Registered

Traviss... been following your posts about the PP am thinking I'll be playing the prop guessing game soon myself... and will prob find out the cost of a couple rehubs as well ... spinning this Volvo I am kinda limited..

I got this engine from Doug at Powertorque decided on the serp belts for some reason. ... less to go wrong really...and carry one extra belt ...my old set -up was v belts... I just got everything new for this engine.... from starter to power steering pump .. everthing.... although I am left with a sbc on the shelf and all the acc. I'll find something to do with them.. need to find a sweet 16 w/out an engine for my little welder

Philip ...here's the boat
Attached Thumbnails it has arrived (project)-cig2.jpg  
Old 06-19-2002, 04:46 PM
Registered

no she passed on the painting.... I had Speedmaster in Deland go thru the drive .... they also painted it ... Kinda sucks as this was suppose to be a fairly quick project...and the time frames I was told the work would be done in were faster than I could have finished ...well we all know how that goes ...could have done all this myself... Live and learn
Old 07-19-2002, 04:33 PM
Registered

Good lord....was a month since I posted this....and I'm still not done...next time I wonder what is taking someone so long I'll keep this engine install in mind almost done though
Attached Thumbnails it has arrived (project)-plumb2.jpg  

Quick Reply: it has arrived (project)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.