Old 08-23-2002, 07:30 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

and engine buttoned up .....
Attached Thumbnails it has arrived (project)-engdone.jpg  
Old 08-23-2002, 07:37 PM
Registered

cannot forget my helper/grunt ouch she hit me !! the pic's from Skaterfest in Bud's "ON THE PROWL" now that's motivation!!
Attached Thumbnails it has arrived (project)-sfr.jpg  
Old 08-23-2002, 07:39 PM
Registered

Thanks Fred.....tomm is the day....I've been screwing with this thing long enough....just hope the exhaust fits....it looks questionable.....only one way to know for sure.......
Old 08-23-2002, 07:48 PM
Registered

Hi Fred. It's Rox, taking over Mark's Keyboard. Wanted to say hi to everyone else on here too.
Old 08-23-2002, 08:15 PM
Wildfire

Great looking project. Inspires me to get back after the Magnum, been kind of down since the sinking.

Anyway, just gotta ask about the drive. The Magnum has a Volvo too and supposedly they are like dragging bricks around. Yours looks like it has a nose cone and modified skeg. Tell me more when you get a chance. Can't afford to go bravo or Arneson right now.

Thanks in advance and it really does look incredible!

Old 08-23-2002, 09:20 PM
Donzi33ZX
Gold Member

For one reason or another I had missed this thread.
GREAT looking boat, and it seems you are well on your way to a sweet boat! And one you can hang in your next house! (Gonna be one hell of a ceiling!)
Pretty helper too, there is "usually" but not always a great "helper" behind a dude with a great boat.

Keep the pictures coming and all the data too.
Good Luck.
Bryan
Old 08-23-2002, 11:22 PM
Registered

Default Awsome!

Mark, Roxy!
The boat is awsome!! Classic and timeless! These boats are works of art. You and Roxy should be very proud of her. I hope the engine run up and sea trial go well. Please keep us posted.
Philip
Old 08-23-2002, 11:41 PM
Registered

Sorry about that belly shot... I have got to have a talk with my photo editor . ..

Phillip ...thanks we are very proud of her...and plan on keeping her for a long long time...hope you and the Mrs are doing well...We will prob be up in your kneck of the woods at the end of Sept maybe we can catch dinner

Bryan....you are so right...I would be lost without my beloved wife...not to mention I'm tired of welding..

Wildfire wish i could tell more about this Volvo...I do know it has a nose cone not sure about a modded skeg...I'll have to look into that ..I do know they are not the most efficient drive nor the strongest...(although somehow they earned the nickname "rockcrusher" ) Galen at Speedmaster was recomended to me be John Pompi in Daytona....knowing of him I took his word and dropped it off to be completely gone thru..and finished...Galen claimed I would have no problem with it for this application 370-380 hp ...some have said just be easy on the holeshots....I baby this boat anyhow ...it was pretty pricey to recondition it , and I may have been able to hang a bravo for not too much more , maybe quite a bit more , but wanted to mantain the original equipt as much as possible
Old 08-23-2002, 11:55 PM
Donzi33ZX
Gold Member

She welds? My kind of gal, F the kitchen....
"Honey, put a bead here, I have rod!"

Bryan
Old 08-23-2002, 11:58 PM
Registered

exactly !!

Quick Reply: it has arrived (project)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.