Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Todd Hartigh, AKA Chicken passed away >

Todd Hartigh, AKA Chicken passed away

Notices

Todd Hartigh, AKA Chicken passed away

Old 01-19-2012, 07:20 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sad day, great guy, haven't seen him much since we moved to SC, but he will be missed all the same.
Old 01-19-2012, 07:38 PM
POWERSTROKE
VIP Member

Rip
Old 01-19-2012, 07:40 PM
Lee
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 26 Likes on 7 Posts

Very sad news,
Old 01-19-2012, 09:52 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

i got the call this afternoon, very very sad. i never knew todd well, but i well say he was a lot of fun to be around. you sure could not miss his boat. rip you offshore wore. hanky pank well never be the same. gh well miss you todd. our thoughts go out to you and katie.

todd
Old 01-19-2012, 11:01 PM
Charter Member #601
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I got the call this afternoon, what a shock! he was recently at my shop for some work.. He was a good guy and will be sorely missed. You could not miss that Checkerd Advantage!! It has been a lot of years since I first saw him at GH in it.He did love the water in that boat! Thoughts and prayers to Katie and his family.

RIP!
Old 01-20-2012, 04:43 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Rip
Old 01-20-2012, 04:56 AM
Registered

Received 243 Likes on 130 Posts
Default R.i.p.

Very sorry to hear this news.
38 is way too young.
My condolences !
Old 01-20-2012, 05:41 AM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts

Hmmm....very sad and upsetting news to me!

I'd like to say a few words about Todd Hartigh aka "Chicken" or "Chicken Head"

I have known Todd for about the last 10 years or so. I didn't know him very well, but I can tell you he absolutely loved hi-perf offshore boating and loved talking about it. I remember he came to watch my 540's get dyno'd at Tom Earhart's shop when I first met Todd 10 years ago.

Todd was some sort of mechanical design engineer and was very intelligent---and just knew a TON about NPT and various pipe fitting sizes and connections, fabricating all kinds of stuff, electrical wiring, engines, etc. In fact, he used one of my Stellings extension boxes to fabricate his own boxes and he designed and made the wingplate extensions for my extension boxes.

One day, many years ago, Todd and I had a disagreement between us....not really that big of deal in the light of eternity, but I didn't talk to him much after that and the only time I would see Todd would maybe be at Hardy Dam or Grand Haven about 1-2 times per year.

I remember Todd as being kind and very friendly and out-going and was always making everyone laugh. He was a very like-able guy. Usually, when I would see Todd over the years, it would be while we were up at Hardy Dam during Hot Boat weekend and we would always say hello to each other and talk for a moment. I always enjoyed talking with Todd because we shared much of the same passion for offshore boating.

This past Fall up at Hardy was no different----everyone had something to drink as about 100 other boaters gathered to watch all the boats come in for the day to be loaded up on the trailer at the end of the day. It's always fun to see all the hardware coming together in one spot and Todd would always be around. Todd noticed I didn't have anything and he knew I didn't drink alcohol so, and I remember him quickly walking down to his beached boat and got a cold bottle of water for me out of his cooler----I really did not expect Todd to do that for me....a very kind act indeed. That was the last time I saw and spoke to Todd.

I liked Todd---always thought he was a pretty good kid and I am going to miss him. My hope is that Todd is with the Lord and my prayers are for his wife and family.

Mark/KAAMA

Does anyone who is a little closer to his family happen to know anything about any funeral arrangements for Todd?
Old 01-20-2012, 07:06 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rest in Peace Todd....... Prayers to his family and friends
Old 01-20-2012, 08:03 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Rip

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.