Who knows the Florida area well..? >

Who knows the Florida area well..?

Notices

Who knows the Florida area well..?

Old 01-27-2012, 10:14 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How about just renting a place. If it sucks, go to a different area. It's only part-time anyway. I can't speak for everybody, but I can speak for myself and my friends. All of us have looked at places to buy down in the sunshine state, but it didn't really make sense. Even if a beautiful waterfront condo that sold for $500,000 six years ago is now selling for $240,000, it still doesn't make sense. If I go down there and rent a place for 4 months a year, it wouldn't cost me $240,000 in my life time. Trust me, if it made any financial sense, me and my buddies would buy places in Fla to vacation with our families and set up our retirement homes in a NY minute. It just doesn't add up anymore.
Old 01-30-2012, 06:24 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by frankenstein
How about just renting a place. If it sucks, go to a different area. It's only part-time anyway. I can't speak for everybody, but I can speak for myself and my friends. All of us have looked at places to buy down in the sunshine state, but it didn't really make sense. Even if a beautiful waterfront condo that sold for $500,000 six years ago is now selling for $240,000, it still doesn't make sense. If I go down there and rent a place for 4 months a year, it wouldn't cost me $240,000 in my life time. Trust me, if it made any financial sense, me and my buddies would buy places in Fla to vacation with our families and set up our retirement homes in a NY minute. It just doesn't add up anymore.
I agree it is nice to just rent but I want to be able to take off whenever I want and not have to worry about anything. I am not looking to spend a real lot on a place and I do not even really care if it is on the water. I do not plan on bringing my boat down or even buying a boat to leave down there. I would just rent a nice fishing boat or something. I am only looking to spend 50-75k depending on the location.
Old 01-30-2012, 06:59 PM
Registered

Received 38 Likes on 26 Posts

I live on the west coast of Florida, Tampa bay area, but I have spent quite a bit of time on the east cost for business matters. Riveria is not where you want to be. Boyton is about 20-30 min south and is much quieter. What price range are you talking about? Also have you ever thought about going in with another person to split the cost?

Chris
Old 01-30-2012, 07:17 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

OK...I have lived in SE Florida for 36 years and live in Palm Beach, Co. I looked up Marsh Harbor Drive.

Dude...not no ...but HELL NO!!! In that part of town, if you aren't on the Intracoastal or East of it on Singer Island you are in the HOOD!!! Riviera Beach has an interesting demographic. If you are on Singer Island which is a barrier island separating the Atlantic from the mainland...you are good.West of the Intracoastal and west of US 1...look out!!!

I don't know you ...but I suspect you might not fit in style and persona wise...if you know what I mean.

Keep looking. i understand there are some great deals to be had at Marina Grande which is a luxury condo on the ICW at the Blue Heron Bridge and about a mile north of Palm Beach Inlet.

Here is a pic of Singer Island looking south towards West Palm and Palm Beach...stay close to the water and to be safe...east of the ICW in that area and you will do well.

I'm not a Realtor but can tell you alot about Miami, Ft. Lauderdale and the Palm Beaches having spent most of my life here.

Last edited by sprink58; 01-30-2012 at 07:20 PM.
Old 01-30-2012, 10:14 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by sprink58
OK...I have lived in SE Florida for 36 years and live in Palm Beach, Co. I looked up Marsh Harbor Drive.

Dude...not no ...but HELL NO!!! In that part of town, if you aren't on the Intracoastal or East of it on Singer Island you are in the HOOD!!! Riviera Beach has an interesting demographic. If you are on Singer Island which is a barrier island separating the Atlantic from the mainland...you are good.West of the Intracoastal and west of US 1...look out!!!

I don't know you ...but I suspect you might not fit in style and persona wise...if you know what I mean.

Keep looking. i understand there are some great deals to be had at Marina Grande which is a luxury condo on the ICW at the Blue Heron Bridge and about a mile north of Palm Beach Inlet.

Here is a pic of Singer Island looking south towards West Palm and Palm Beach...stay close to the water and to be safe...east of the ICW in that area and you will do well.

I'm not a Realtor but can tell you alot about Miami, Ft. Lauderdale and the Palm Beaches having spent most of my life here.
That looks beautiful!
Thanks for the info I really appreciate it.
Old 01-31-2012, 06:35 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by gmhdfan
Go to Goggle MAPS & If there is a Martin Luther King Dr/Ave/Blvd.....any where close you probably don't want to live in that area...Just saying. My broker always told me to go to the school bus stops and see what gets off. Pretty much sums up the neighbor hood.....
Old 01-31-2012, 07:07 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FIVEPTOHH
That looks beautiful!
Thanks for the info I really appreciate it.
It DOES look beutiful, but that is an older picture. If you look to the right of the island behind the bridge you will see 2 smokestacks, that is Riviera beach, and mostly industrial, and low rent with a few nice places on the water.