Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Who knows the Florida area well..? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/269399-who-knows-florida-area-well.html)

FIVEPTOHH 01-25-2012 08:28 AM

Who knows the Florida area well..?

I see that condos and houses in Florida are going pretty cheap these days and I have my eye on a place that I found online in the town of Rivera Beach on Marsh Harbor Dr. My questions are if anyone knows....

1.) What is the area like
2.) I do not want to be in the ghetto
3.) I am just going to go down in the winter so is there a market to rent it out in the summer..?

Any help would be great

Secret Formula 01-25-2012 08:32 AM

I live in NE Florida but I'm not familiar with that area specifically. What I can say is the a condo will be nealry impossbile to finance due to many condo associations being in deep financial trouble and unable to manage the property.

FIVEPTOHH 01-25-2012 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by Secret Formula (Post 3601107)
I live in NE Florida but I'm not familiar with that area specifically. What I can say is the a condo will be nealry impossbile to finance due to many condo associations being in deep trouble.

Yeah I heard the same thing. The realtor that I talked to said that Florida is 50% off right now...which is good for a buyer but really bad for a seller. I would be able to pay cash for the one that I am looking at if I could get it for the right price.

ActiveThunder 01-25-2012 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by FIVEPTOHH (Post 3601103)
I see that condos and houses in Florida are going pretty cheap these days and I have my eye on a place that I found online in the town of Rivera Beach on Marsh Harbor Dr. My questions are if anyone knows....

3.) I am just going to go down in the winter so is there a market to rent it out in the summer..?

Any help would be great

Do you know how to use google earth?

Secret Formula 01-25-2012 08:46 AM

Still do some due diligence on the HOA. Just becuase you are paying cash doesn't mean a troubled HOA will not be a problem for YOU.

FIVEPTOHH 01-25-2012 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by ActiveThunder (Post 3601113)
Do you know how to use google earth?

Google earth does not tell me what type of neighborhood it is. But they should offer that capability.:lolhit:

sean stinson 01-25-2012 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by FIVEPTOHH (Post 3601103)

Any help would be great

Riviera is where Miss Geico is located and doesn't seem to be the best area in town I actually would reach out to Scotty Begovich

Cash Bar 01-25-2012 09:18 AM

Riviera= RUN and GUN... :eek:

Unless it's the Loggerhead Marina and Marina Grande area. Real Estate is my business.

Greg Harris

sean stinson 01-25-2012 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by Cash Bar (Post 3601148)
Riviera= RUN and GUN... :eek:

Unless it's the Loggerhead Marina and Marina Grande area. Real Estate is my business.

Greg Harris

Hey bro give me a call when you have a chance!!! We had a conversation and then we got busy doing other things!!!

SkaterMike82 01-25-2012 09:22 AM

We have a condo in the Singer Island and thats a beutiful area. Anything in that area east of the causeway wont be hard to rent in the summer time especially in winter for snow birds like yourself. Good luck with your search. Again stay to the east of causeway which is on the island side (Singer Island). Theres a huge marina that you can keep your boat at in the island. Anything close to I95 or turnpike is the GHETTO. Hope this helps a little better