Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Travis...... (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/26940-travis.html)

dyno 06-19-2002 09:40 AM

Travis......

holy **** man I saw your post about your mighty mouse running over 70mph....wow!!!! thats in your 185 xlt right? thats got to be the fastest 185 around!!!!!
I need a ride in that thing when you going to pull it over to the left coast?

traviss 06-19-2002 10:34 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Yup she is over 70 mph... your right its a 185 XLT.. There was a guy in hotboat mag reader rides last month from arizona who was running a 406 ci and 475 hp and getting 78 at 5600 with a 25" :eek:

The stock 350 mag 270 hp and a 21 pitch got me 59 mph last year .. now with the new motor I am turning a 24" at about 12% slip and gave me around 72, I am getting a 25" to run next hopefully drop me down to around 5300 rpm... and maybe a mph or two.. :) she is a wild one to drive., chinewalks like a ***** at WOT, trying a few props to see if that helps... it would be nice to bring it over, but the only way to pull it is with dad's truck and he ain't giving that up for the weekend LOL! :( I had a few problems with her, shifting problem, fixed that, oil pressure problem, fixed that. oil was bypassin the cooler, filter, stat.. welded up the bypass and now have great oil pressure, now have a oil temp concern.. so it is fun to tinker with it... ofcourse right across the back of it the name "Problem child" fits the boat perfect LOL! :D :D With all your guy's fine pocket rockets over there, i can leave mine here... its just a toy compared to your guy's boats.. Hows the sonic running? Saw a pic and she is a good looking boat, sweet new paint..

Later

dyno 06-19-2002 01:52 PM

Travis great pic you got balls like a bowling alley to run that thing chine walking.....dont get thrown you got a tether right? Thanks on the compliment on the paint its looking good running good too! I'm having some oil temp issues also, the damn lake wont warm up! thinking about adding a oil thermostat....I think permacool makes a cheap one......cant see spending big bucks for a K.E. or the like....It sure would be a ***** to put it on now that the motors are in and running..... well maybe the next time I blow one up!!!!
Be Good,
Don

traviss 06-19-2002 03:49 PM

yes Don.. I have a tether and use it when I am outta control LOL! :eek: plus when I am driving like that I put my big pullover life jacket on.. with a tether and life jacket my balls get really big LOL!! :D :D check out your post in tech about the stat.. i run one and it works great.. :) it does take a little homework on how to plumb these, they give you great instructions.. no problem took me about 15 mintues when i had the motor on the engine stand :p

Is your little girl enjoying the boat yet?..

Travis

traviss 06-19-2002 05:08 PM

it is a fun boat, a real sleeper.. Its a little loud... had it in the water for about 15 mintues before the sherriff got me.. he launched his boat just to come get me. After he figured out i wasn't no dumbie he wasn't so cocky.. he didn't even care about the noise he wanted to see the boat LOL! and told me to leave the fisherman alone LOL! :rolleyes:

a guy last labor day picked on me and laughed at my boat and blew me away.. well he showed back up this memorial day.. i through a few buddies in problem child to reduce the chine walking... well we pulled up to him, he was running flat out in a 226 baja, his buddie was next to him in a new powerquest. He noded his head and off we went.... hehe should have seen there faces :D :D smoked them both .. pretty much spanked them like little *****es :D and then a guy in a larson with downriggers and fishing poles thought he was gonna spank me... hehe I blew his fishing poles right off his boat LOL! its fun i tell ya to be the big dog on my lake.... hopefully no big dog from OSO come and spank me :eek: that would suck to get spanked on my stomping grounds

life is great... its funny cause my moms doesn't really understand why the obsesive boat hobby.. I have told them before I am flat broke with no money a ****ty truck and a fast boat.. I am living my dream I have always wanted. I wouldn't want it any other way.. with my father by my side we can do anything :)

packinair 06-19-2002 09:16 PM

what lake is this and how do I get there??:cool:

Red Stripe 06-20-2002 12:27 AM

Congrats on the boat Trav!! Its great to hear storys like that!!
Looks fantastic and sounds like fun for sure. :D

dyno 06-20-2002 08:08 AM

Travis.... yes Autumn has been out a few times she does'nt mind a bit....got her a cool life jacket and a set of ear muffs she's a throttle girl in training!!!!!I'm off the week of the 4th but Momma has to work ,so she and Daddy are going to spend some Quality time running the Sonic!!!!take care
Don

traviss 06-20-2002 09:32 AM

Originally posted by packinair
what lake is this and how do I get there??:cool:

I am not telling LOL! i don't need to get spanked by some eggbeaters at half throttle :( :D :D

Dyno.. thats great she likes the boat.. gotta get them started early or they will never get used to it .. take care..

Travis