Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   LOTO Trivia? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/26944-loto-trivia.html)

Tbonepmp 06-19-2002 04:03 PM

G.A.

We basically just took it easy all weekend...
The cove seemed like it was just taking a weekend off or something, for it seemed abnormally quiet...???:rolleyes:
We will definitely hook up this weekend... it is looking like it may be an all guys weekend!!! LOOK OUT LADIES!!! WE'RE COMIN' TO GET CHA!!!!!!!!!!:D :p :D

ssherman 06-19-2002 04:10 PM

JBK LMAO

I am in on what ever Conner is in on.

I sent the deposit today for Moonraker 112 ft 4 2000+hp diesels and one 4000hp turbine. 5 state rooms and tons of fuel. I think it best if we dont lite the turbine until we get out of BWJ cove. wouldn't want to upset the dirty duck.

FunHome 06-19-2002 04:12 PM

Originally posted by Gary Anderson
Tbonepmp
no, the question is, How are you going to get it there?
Actually, I hear that once that 2 lane stretch of 54 outside Eldon is finished, any size will be able to get through. Now think BIG!!!!
How about I get in on this and we get at least a 100ft high speed yacht. That should be able to wash a few docks away.
BTW, they do have docks for 60' boats at YCM.
Gary

Gary,
My brother and I have been looking at www.ShipRepo.com
You said after 54 in finished any size would be able to make it, I would think there would be a limit to the weight on the bridges, etc. What do you think?

Tbone, Jawbreakerkid, sherman---Count my brother and I in on the BIG one!!! He always wanted to buy a couple of huge barges and build a actual 2 or 3 story house on them, complete with a mocked up yard and driveway with a garage, that you could pull your car into!! (He's a little warped!):rolleyes:

FunHome 06-19-2002 04:15 PM

Originally posted by ssherman
Ther is currently a 58 Sea ray express on the lake @ Emerald BaY Condo's it is owned by a guy from STL. There is a 560 Sea ray sedan Bridge @Glencove Arrowhead has made mention of driving a 680 sea ray up the river to jefferson City and then having a helicopter airlift it to LOTO:eek: :eek: It will never end:rolleyes:
A 680 Sea Ray would have to weigh about 30 tons, what kind of helicopter could raise that?

Tbonepmp 06-19-2002 04:17 PM

We will just hire someone to bring it up by river to Jefferson City and then we will have it air-lifted by a couple of huey helicopters to LOTO!!!!!!!!! Or since we are spending so much already, we could just have a canal dug to the river, so we could take if back and forth if need be...???:confused: :D :eek:

Tbonepmp 06-19-2002 04:18 PM

Originally posted by FunHome

A 680 Sea Ray would have to weigh about 30 tons, what kind of helicopter could raise that?

A COUPLE HUEYS COULD DO IT... I THINK???:confused:

FunHome 06-19-2002 04:20 PM

Originally posted by FunHome

From Sea Ray web site-
LOA 70'5"
Beam 18'6"
Dry Weight 75000lbs. or (37,500 Tons) Not a bad guess, if I do say so myself!:cool:

FunHome 06-19-2002 04:22 PM

Tbone, Now your talking!!! A Canal!! With a Lock so we could charge the next guy that try's to out do us!!:D

Tbonepmp 06-19-2002 04:24 PM

The guys at Port Arrowhead said that they were trying to figure out a way to do it and this helicopter thing was a possiblity. They seem to think that if they get it there somebody will definitely buy it, I have to AGREE with them!!! There is definitely enough people with the money that frequent the Lake and just like Gary said somebody always has to be the BIG DOG!!!!!!!:rolleyes: :cool:

jawbreakerkid 06-19-2002 04:27 PM

maybe we should consult with Conner first? we'll just have to ask her this weekend. i can see it now, "Hey Conner, ya still have a boyfriend? Oh really.......you do. Well, damn it!"