Notices

LOTO Trivia?

Old 06-19-2002, 10:40 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default LOTO Trivia?

My brother and I were talking about what he would do if he won the Lottery and he said he would have the biggest boat on the Ozarks. He asked what the biggest boat was and I told him I think it's a excursion boat that's around 58ft long. But I'm not sure? What do you guy's think?

What's the five largest boat's on the Ozark's?
(Excluding housboat's, the one the preacher had in party cove last year was big, but to me that's a floating dock!)

Isn't there a couple of 50ft Sea Ray's?
Old 06-19-2002, 10:47 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There's more than a few privately owned 54 Sea Rays, the Bud boat (Bluewater) is at least that long. And keep an eye out for a 58 Sunseeker in the next few weeks too. BTW, The old Celebration boat has got to be well over 60 ft.
Gary
Old 06-19-2002, 11:02 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

58 Sunseeker! yea, that's big and everything but Dude, how much is one of those?$$$?

The old Celebration how wide is it? How did they get it to the Ozarks? Isn't there a maximum width on the Highways? I guess that would be the only restriction to how big you can get on the Ozarks?

How about floating a boat up the Mississippi to the Missouri then truck it the last hundred miles?
Old 06-19-2002, 11:17 AM
ssherman

Ther is currently a 58 Sea ray express on the lake @ Emerald BaY Condo's it is owned by a guy from STL. There is a 560 Sea ray sedan Bridge @Glencove Arrowhead has made mention of driving a 680 sea ray up the river to jefferson City and then having a helicopter airlift it to LOTO It will never end

Old 06-19-2002, 11:52 AM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

ssherman- i think the "Three Amigos" should put in an order for the 680. we would be big pimpin' up in L-O-T-O!!! we could name it "O.O.C."
Old 06-19-2002, 01:28 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts

i have heard that village marine has sold a 65 carver and last saturday i saw a very big carver go by in frt of my house plowing and just about destroyed my dock. at least half of it was out of water 5 feet. now mind you i choose to be on the main channel and have been there for years and believe me i know what rough water is all about. but i have never seen a wake come rolling in like this boat was throwing. i have a concrete dock that holds up pretty good but with continuos waves like that there will be alot of property damage along the channel. i told the wife ill be setting up a video camera for when it does damage ill be talking to the insurance and show them the tape. the boats down there have exceeded the lake limits. also i believe the celebration is in the 80 ft range 20 wide and was brought in by trailer less upper decks and lauched at the public ramp by ozark BBQ.
Old 06-19-2002, 02:05 PM
BFentiman

That 580 sure looked good last wknd. First time I had seen it on the lake, parked across from a 540 at Topsider and looked very impressive. Arrowhead didn't sell the 580, obviously it must have came from some other area. Arrowhead just sold another 540 and currently have a 550(old 540 Sundancer re-named) in stock. The 550 at 15'11" wide is actually longer than their 630, so that boat can make it to this lake, the 680 is a little too long unless you brought it in the way mentioned earlier. Gary, when is Richard's Sunseeker coming in?

Barry

bmpnugls

Actually, the new proud owner of the Sunseeker told me last week that the OAL of the boat is FREAKIN 61' 6" - - HOLLY CRAP!!! And it is one sweet ride - two master stateroom, flybridge, room to sleep 12 comfortably!!!!! and yes, it's coming over on a 'ship' (as if it's not a freakin ship itself) from the British Virgin Islands to New Orleans, then up the Mississippi to St. Louis, the trucked to the LOTO!!!!!! ~ from what I hear like $50K in transportation expenses!!!!!!!!!

It should arrive in the next couple of weeks - although it's not in 'transit' yet...

I have seen some big Sea Rays on the lake though - I thought Schmoops (54') was the biggest, but I see several the same size as his at Kellys Port, The Ledges, and Village Marina all the time!!

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pardon my ignorance - I live on the East Coast, and have never been to LOTO...yet. But, why a 65' cruiser on a lake? That sounds to me like riding a JetSki in a Pool.
Don't get me wrong, I know it's a big lake, but isn't it still overkill?
Old 06-19-2002, 02:15 PM
bmpnugls

If you ever experience the rough water at LOTO you'll realize why - hell, in the past two years I've known of half a dozen mid 30' performance boats which have 'busted apart' on the lake due to too much pouding at high speeds - believe me it happens - my Warlock was one of them!!!!!!!!!! And, last weekend I pulled the passenger seat studs through the interior wall of my Fountain when we were leaving party cove - almost shooting the seat out of the boat (with my 100lb girlfriend in the seat)...had to do a quick fix on that one....good thing the base rail screws were tightly in place in the floor..............

I'll admit, 60+ foot is a little ridiculous - hell most bars/restaurants on the lake don't have slips to accomodate such boats! But, you do need a big boat to ride comfortably on LOTO - I get beat pretty hard in my 33' Fountain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by bmpnugls; 06-19-2002 at 02:17 PM.

Quick Reply: LOTO Trivia?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.