Notices

Not Bad for a Clip On ;)

Old 01-26-2012, 01:08 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What is this. A Full Throttle Powerboats T3 or T4? STV Maybe? It's sure haulin' azz.
Old 01-26-2012, 01:18 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 246 Likes on 112 Posts

My guess would be a 19' STV River Rocket. I have always liked the hot-rod outboards like the Allison, STV, Hydrostream, and Stoker. I

That is cool video, I appreciate a hot-rod like that. Thanks for the post.
Old 01-26-2012, 02:02 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Smarty
My guess would be a 19' STV River Rocket. I have always liked the hot-rod outboards like the Allison, STV, Hydrostream, and Stoker. I

That is cool video, I appreciate a hot-rod like that. Thanks for the post.
Yeah, but I can't really fit the shape of the bow with an STV. That's why I thought the T3 or T4.
Old 01-26-2012, 02:26 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by A.O. Razor
Yeah, but I can't really fit the shape of the bow with an STV. That's why I thought the T3 or T4.
You are probably right. Cool boat. Maybe a bow comparison to the video. An STV and a Full Throttle pictured below. I am no expert. I do like the T-3.
Attached Thumbnails Not Bad for a Clip On ;)-stv.jpg   Not Bad for a Clip On ;)-full-throttle.jpg  

Last edited by Smarty; 01-26-2012 at 02:33 PM.
Old 01-26-2012, 02:31 PM
Registered

Received 1,827 Likes on 716 Posts
Default All excellent guesses.

Originally Posted by A.O. Razor
It's a new Mirage.
Old 01-26-2012, 02:35 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Twin O/B Sonic
It's a new Mirage.
Thank you. I learned something, and that is a good thing. If I want to go 120+mph in an outboard that Mirage would be an excellent choice.
Old 01-26-2012, 03:58 PM
Registered

Default I had a .....

Thank you. I learned something, and that is a good thing. If I want to go 120+mph in an outboard that Mirage would be an excellent choice.
STV River Rocket (bellow w/o the extra seats) and always thought they had the best lines of any boat that size/style. Now I really like the new Quarter Shots and am liking the Mirages more and more.
My STV was a 3 seat boat I converted to 4 and it sucked. Way too tight. They make a STV Euro Sport w/tons of interior space but it looks like a mini van.
A buddy had a 4 seat Mirage that did everything well. Near identical to the one in the video but 4 seats. He had a box stock 300X on and had been 120 many times and claims 125 once but could never repeat. Regardless, that's w/oil injection, closed exhaust, computer controlled..., idled and shifted like a ficshe bote.
My favorite of all.
The little boats are affordable, easy to maintain and a blas to play with. You haven't done the Keys until you've chased a dozen buddies from Key Largo to the Islamorada sand bar at a 100 in a bit of a chop and breeze
Old 01-26-2012, 05:31 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

STV River Rocket (bellow w/o the extra seats) and always thought they had the best lines of any boat that size/style. Now I really like the new Quarter Shots and am liking the Mirages more and more.
My STV was a 3 seat boat I converted to 4 and it sucked. Way too tight. They make a STV Euro Sport w/tons of interior space but it looks like a mini van.
A buddy had a 4 seat Mirage that did everything well. Near identical to the one in the video but 4 seats. He had a box stock 300X on and had been 120 many times and claims 125 once but could never repeat. Regardless, that's w/oil injection, closed exhaust, computer controlled..., idled and shifted like a ficshe bote.
My favorite of all.
The little boats are affordable, easy to maintain and a blas to play with. You haven't done the Keys until you've chased a dozen buddies from Key Largo to the Islamorada sand bar at a 100 in a bit of a chop and breeze
That would be fun, running at 100 mph in one of those. I like the idea of the 300x on one of those. I find it intriguing if someone puts on of those Seven Marine 557s on the back of an STV or Mirage. That would be something else if the transom weight is not an issue.
Attached Thumbnails Not Bad for a Clip On ;)-557-blue-ortho-lrg.png  
Old 01-26-2012, 06:32 PM
Registered

Default Way too much.....

That would be fun, running at 100 mph in one of those. I like the idea of the 300x on one of those. I find it intriguing if someone puts on of those Seven Marine 557s on the back of an STV or Mirage. That would be something else if the transom weight is not an issue.
weight to be worth while. There's a guy out west that has reportedly made 573 HP with a 3.3 liter JohnRude w/o juice and is a sub 400 lb package.
Rumors are he may be going after the 176 mph O/B record with it.
A friend has a de-tuned version on his Allison bass boat and it made over 450 on pump gas.
If someone wrote a check for a pair of those to put on a lightweight cat or V they'd have something. 500 may be realistic.
Now you're talking about 1000 hp's out of twins w/a combined weight of 800lbs!
A friend is building a V-8 JohnRude that will be over 500 w/JohnDeer torque.
Old 01-27-2012, 09:30 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

My new toy. Hydrostream V-King w/my work bench motor.

Cashbar, sure but your bait would only hit the water every other county

T,
congrats on the HS purchase, now we can run the St. Johns together!
Attached Thumbnails Not Bad for a Clip On ;)-2007_hydro_stream_d2.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.