Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
What was your favorite boat trip. >

What was your favorite boat trip.

Notices

What was your favorite boat trip.

Old 01-26-2012, 06:06 PM
Registered

Received 115 Likes on 34 Posts

Bought a 38PQ 2002 new to me in 2010, brought it back from Chicago and put it in the water, left with good friends in their 34PQ and went to Charlevoix,Leland,South Manitou Island, Mackinaw Island,Hessel and then back to Mackinaw City. A week of great weather and crystal clear waters. Never a problem with my boat. Awesome trip!
Old 01-26-2012, 06:18 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm really enjoying these storys an pic's thanks. 4th of july Destin. Just a cool picture. suport our Troops. With out them We have no freedom.
Attached Thumbnails What was your favorite boat trip.-destin-4th-july.jpg  
Old 01-26-2012, 07:55 PM
Diamond Member #001
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jayboat
Without question the 1200 mile run across the Caribbean with Bobthebuilder. Great Exuma to BVI.
Trip of a lifetime.
Yep. Gotta love Bob's style. My favorite was a 35 day, 1200 mile (OK - 1177 mile) trip from northern Chesapeake Bay to Beaufort NC and back. We learned a lot about weather, navigation, radio etiquette, drawbridges, canal locks and adapting to new marinas. (And developed a lifelong appreciation for the engineers at Formula, Volvo Penta and Garmin.) Too bad I didn't have a shutterman like Jay onboard...
Attached Thumbnails What was your favorite boat trip.-trip1177miles.jpg   What was your favorite boat trip.-norfolk.jpg   What was your favorite boat trip.-lostcolony.jpg  

What was your favorite boat trip.-osprey.jpg   What was your favorite boat trip.-smoothwake3.jpg  

Last edited by C_Spray; 01-26-2012 at 07:58 PM.
Old 01-26-2012, 08:13 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Miami to Key West.
Old 01-26-2012, 08:19 PM
Registered

Ok My longest trip was from My house on the Amite river in Baton Rouge La. To Destin Florida an back. But Key West 04 was the best. Just a fun picture.
Attached Thumbnails What was your favorite boat trip.-fclqqhjiwd_150242334-2.jpg  

Last edited by akaboatman; 01-26-2012 at 08:21 PM.
Old 01-26-2012, 08:34 PM
Registered

I'm going to happily agree with Jay on this...
Aboard Team Predator from Key West to Cancun was a once in a lifetime journey.
And with Bob running down to Bequia in the Southern Grenadines and then up all the way to St.Maarten was an unbelievable journey as well....
Old 01-26-2012, 08:41 PM
Registered

Wow a dream trip. Thanks for shearing. Please keep them coming.
Old 01-27-2012, 04:40 AM
Registered

Received 1,825 Likes on 714 Posts

Not lucky enough to have done the big trips (yet) like you guys but still had some good ones.
My favorite is probably from the north end of Pelee Island in Lake Erie to Leamington Ontario on the Canadian shore line.
About 15 miles straight across from Scudder Harbor (only real harbor on the island) to Leamington.
Scudder typically attracts cruisers and sailors and not many go fast boats. One particular weekend I was backed in between two large cruisers (in my 24' twin O/B Sonic) when I decided to run across and back.
Was talking to a crew member and evidently loud another for the two neighboring captains to hear when I said, "lets run over to Leamington for a beer". I think they both spit out martini when they heard me. Both laughed and asked if I knew where it was and how far. I said, "yep, and be back in an hour or two".
It's a really pretty (and low drama) run as the Canadian shore line comes into site and Leamington has maybe the nicest harbor in all the Great Lakes. To top it off, I knew the capatains were watching from their fly bridges and could watch us disapear over the horizon.
Anyhow as I recall, we back into our slip at Scudder just as the sun was going down and almost exactly 2 hrs after we left.
Great trip (which I've done many times) and both Captains were hugely impressed. I think they bought that night and on MY back deck and seems I remember bringing them bar coasters from Leamington too

Last edited by Twin O/B Sonic; 01-27-2012 at 05:30 AM.
Old 01-27-2012, 05:31 AM
JB Marshall
Gold Member

My most memorable trip was back in 1990 on a 1988 22’ Larson Senza and my buddy and his wife who also had the same boat. We took a two week trip down to the Chesapeake. It was an awesome experience. We traveled 75 miles down the Hudson River out into the ocean, 1st stop was Atlantic City and at that time we stayed at Harrah’s Marina. Next day traveled up the Delaware into the river connecting to the top of the Chesapeake. During the trip we went to the Solomon Islands, Annapolis, Baltimore inner harbor, Bohemia harbor.

On the return trip we stayed at Cape May and Atlantic City treated ourselves to a well needed room for the night in Atlantic City. The next couple of days were spent at Long Beach Island, NJ at the beach with my girlfriend at the time and her friends.

The only bad weather we had was the last day leaving Manasquan Inlet, the weather and the ocean was so bad we had to stay over at a marina for 2 extra days until the ocean calmed down.

Yes slept on a 22’ boat for two weeks for the exception of three nights on the return trip. It’s ranked as one of my top 5 vacations ever. I look forward to doing it again, of course on a bigger & more comfortable boat next time
Old 01-27-2012, 05:46 AM
Registered

Received 1,825 Likes on 714 Posts
Default Awesome!

Originally Posted by J.B. Marshall
Yes slept on a 22’ boat for two weeks for the exception of three nights on the return trip. It’s ranked as one of my top 5 vacations ever.
Some/most of my favorite trips were on smaller boats. Spent one night w/4 of us (two couples) trapped in the cabin of my NINETEEN foot Glastron Carlson while it poured rain!
Had so much weight in the cabin it sat bow down (single O/B) and the rain water ran under the cabin door and never activated the float switch on the bilge pump.
I had to go out in the rain and sit on the motor every 1/2 hr to get the water to run out of the cabin and activate the pump!
LARGE fun that weekend.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.