Notices

Clapping and Cheering

Old 01-26-2012, 07:40 PM
Diamond Member #001
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

The only time that it's ever happened to me was when I made a complete mess of my docking job in front of a large group of my go-fast "friends"...
Old 01-26-2012, 07:44 PM
Registered

Received 105 Likes on 51 Posts

Used to get good laugh when people on dock would stand behind my triple outboard Sonic with the exhaust towers drilled out and I fired it up. I also premixed the fuel at 35/1. Quite a cloud of blue smoke.
Old 01-26-2012, 07:52 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Here's Johnny
I get that all the time......mostly people are just having a laugh...... All good. But I do have to admit, at one regular spot I go to there are tables 10' from your transom while backing in to the slips........especially at high tide. When we are leaving everyone in my boat makes me wait till there in my boat so when I start my 575's they can watch the people who jump 10' out of there seats.......it is funny to watch, especially if they were the ones clapping when I came in........
Braccos? Same spot my clapping incident happened
Old 01-26-2012, 08:30 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Mastercraft240
Braccos? Same spot my clapping incident happened
Yep......Bracco's
Old 01-26-2012, 09:53 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

When I start my engines I have to open the silent choice or it tends to blow the metal valve plates out of the solent choice. I do warn people before I turn the key. They still jump.
Old 01-27-2012, 04:09 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Tinkerer
I do warn people before I turn the key. They still jump.
I actually do warn them too......ALWAYS if there are children or elderly.......and yes they usually do still jump.......
Old 01-27-2012, 05:28 AM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 22 Posts

Happened to me once. Thought about confronting some of the people and watch them squirm, but thank goodness I calmed myself. I'm at a point now that I really don't care what people think. My boat is loud and I take care to minimize the noise in marinas. If anyones got a problem with it so be it. I think people will complain about anything. Boating used to be a release from uptight rude people, but thats the way it is now. I say just enjoy your boat and forget about them.
Years ago my Dad had a Sanger drag boat, in our community there was an abrasive attorney that went around our community talking bad about the boat and that it should be banned. One evening my Dad went right up to him and asked him if he wanted a ride. The attorney surprisingly agreed to take a ride. He never complained again.
Old 01-27-2012, 06:06 AM
Registered

Received 72 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by yschmidt
I was loading my boat, on the trailer, at the marina, to go get gas a couplemiles away. On mornings like that I'll put the trailer in then I will jump in the boat and just take it immediately to the trailer as fast as possible. I won't even drive it all the way on the trailer, so I don't have to rev it. Well as soon as I sut it off come the hoots and the hollers and some over the top cheering.
Sad thing I only had to go get a few hundred gallons of gas a couple miles up the road.
So when I returned to the marina less than an hour later, with a little encouragement from the marina manager, I decided not to go straight to the dock from the ramp - I decided to idle in front of their covered dock while waiting on the marina hands to take my truck and put the trailer away.
They used to point and make comments about my twin outboards all the time . Thats how I came up with the name for my boat "Stilsmokin". With offshore exhaust they are music to my ears, but, to everyone else, not so much. Had an old german couple living in my friends neighborhood. They *****ed and complained constantly about everyones boat. One afternoon they were headed down to the dock to go out in their canoe when I was visiting. The cloud of smoke from twin my 260s' covered the entire dock. We laughed until we almost cried.
Then you moved to town schmidthead. I still remember that crusty old biotch on the pontoon making comments when you pulled into the hole with your 540s' idling. I have to say your motors do sound slightly better than my outboards. The lake won't be the same without you and Janelle this summer. Turtle out.

Last edited by bulletbob; 01-27-2012 at 07:12 AM.
Old 01-27-2012, 07:03 AM
Registered

I wish. My single 502 doesn't draw too much attention except that one time I was climbing over the starboard gunwale with the line in may hand and it got wrapped around the throttle lever and revved the motor to about 5K. Scrared the crap out of everyone including me.
Old 01-27-2012, 07:56 AM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

You guys need to find establishments that are more friendly to the go-fast crowd. Then the cheering will be more based on your docking skills and all will love the sound. Like Brown's Bar on Lake St. Clair:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.