Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   "New Speed Zones Approved For Manatee Protection " (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/26957-new-speed-zones-approved-manatee-protection.html)

CigDaze 06-19-2002 02:17 PM

"New Speed Zones Approved For Manatee Protection "

They're coming to a town near you....

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

"Areas affected on the Gulf coast include Terra Ceia Bay, Lemon Bay, Turtle Bay, the Peace River and the Alafia River."

Audiofn 06-19-2002 02:29 PM

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Dean Ferry 06-19-2002 02:45 PM

BD,
Sorry to hear that those "Lawsuit settlement" proposed zones were approved by the FFWCC.:( Key phrase here is "Lawsuit Settlement" which is nothing more than the SMC "Wish List" of zones that the SMC submitted to the FFWCC, which are not based on science.

Like the author said,

"Having fished a great deal in Turtle Bay, Lemon Bay and Terra Ceia, I have seen only two manatees there in 20 years."

But that's not what the SMC's SATELITE data shows! AHEM, Bull****!

Try to maintain the faith brother, that our LAWSUIT appeal will stop some of this B/S and allow the "Best available" science to be used and provide more protection for the Manatee and allow both Manatees and the boater to coexist! Are these new zones going to effect your boating?
MD

CigDaze 06-19-2002 03:07 PM

Thanks guys!

Dean,
No, the new zones aren't going to really crimp out style, but it's getting a little too close for comfort. We do occasionally visit those areas, but often enough. The zones are spreading like the plague. What's next?...That's the worrisome problem.

Like the one gentleman said in the article, I think you would be hard-pressed to actually find a manatee or two in those areas. You'd have to search far and wide for months before encountering one.

Dean Ferry 06-19-2002 03:24 PM

BD,
BINGO!! you are right in that the SMC WILL NEVER GO AWAY, they will come back year after year with lawsuits and petitions to regulate ALL of the inland/ICW FL. waterways. Make sure you let JEB know how you feel about his PRO-MANATEE position this fall!!!
MD

CigDaze 06-19-2002 03:27 PM

No worries there Dean!
Believe me, I don't keep my opinion to myself. ;)

Ohhh Jebbbbb........:D

skatermike24 06-19-2002 03:34 PM

Whats up Nicky,you need not worry isn't that your top end, 25 mph on that Baja, only kidding hows your wife,tell her we said hi and lets get together soon. :D :D :D

CigDaze 06-19-2002 03:41 PM

What's up Mike?
Very Funny!...Hey, I'll just tell 'em my minimum planing speed is 45mph.

Iggy 06-19-2002 06:44 PM

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

The cancer is spreading and no cure in sight.
Sorry.

Dean,
Check you PM messages.
The one that's there is not the same as the first.
Should've used a different title.:rolleyes:

Dean Ferry 06-20-2002 11:02 AM

Iggy,
Chekc you your PM. I'll check my e-mail tonight, can't get to it from work.
And yes, CANCER is a good analogy to the SMC's approach!
MD