Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Benton Harbor/St Joe Active Thunder >

Benton Harbor/St Joe Active Thunder

Notices

Benton Harbor/St Joe Active Thunder

Old 06-20-2002, 01:57 PM
MikeBaja232

32fever:

I'm well familiar with the fireworks fiasco on the water. We used to go the Thunder Over Louisville fireworks show for the start of the Kentucky Derby Festival here in Louisville. Largest colection of drunken idiots I've seen since I was at the Indianpolis 500 infield many years ago. A lot of boats get damaged; even had two or three people drowned two years ago. Needless to say, I'm done with that.

Just out of curiousity, do you know the asking price for the Active Thunder?

Thanks,
Mike

Old 06-21-2002, 09:47 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by MikeBaja232
32fever:

I'm well familiar with the fireworks fiasco on the water. We used to go the Thunder Over Louisville fireworks show for the start of the Kentucky Derby Festival here in Louisville. Largest colection of drunken idiots I've seen since I was at the Indianpolis 500 infield many years ago. A lot of boats get damaged; even had two or three people drowned two years ago. Needless to say, I'm done with that.

Just out of curiousity, do you know the asking price for the Active Thunder?

Thanks,
Mike
LOL! Oh man, did I get a chuckle......Gotta love the Snake Pit at Indy. I used to work the speedway years ago while in college and went to the races, and I talked to my cousin one holiday. he went to the snake pit one year that I was there (didn't know it). I was asking "wasn't that a great race?" and he said "there was a race?". LOL!

The 32 AT (haven't checked the classifieds to see if it's still there) was listed at $95k. It's probably worth calling him on it at least. It is a nice boat. He just had the transom clear coated this spring (easier to clean that way), it's got 502's with ext boxes and headers. It's one of the best sounding boats I've ever heard. Even my wife agrees, and that is quite an accomplishment. Has a triple axle trailer with new tires last season as well. Anyway, it was in the classifieds last time I looked, if you want his number, let me know I can email it to you. I'm not sure what he'd sell it for, etc. Really not my business, never asked or anything, but you can always call him and talk about boats!