Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Benton Harbor/St Joe Active Thunder >

Benton Harbor/St Joe Active Thunder

Notices

Benton Harbor/St Joe Active Thunder

Old 06-19-2002, 02:23 PM
MikeBaja232

Default Benton Harbor/St Joe Active Thunder

I was up at my brother's house in St. Joseph, Michigan a couple of weekends ago and watched someone launch a twin engine ride. I think it was an Active Thunder. Anyone on the board know who it might be?

Mike

Old 06-19-2002, 02:43 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There are 2 32' Active Thunders in St Joe. Hyper Active and "Rocketman" on the board, although they don't look at OSO much at all or post.

If it was a white Suburban pulling, it was Hyper Active. A white Ford F250 Ext cab is Rocketman. No 32' Fountain out last weekend, though, we didn't make it out. Which sucks. Somebody has to show these guys "what time it is". LOL! (that should get them pissed at me...LOL!)
Old 06-19-2002, 03:02 PM
MikeBaja232

I don't remember what was pulling it. I think it may have been a Chevy, although, I seem to remember a pick up. It was probably the Suburban.

My bro works at Kitchen Aid and he and the family don't really know many people up in the exciting town of St. Joe, so I was hoping to put him in touch with some of our boating brothern.

Anyone else in Benton Harbor/St Joe?

Mike

Old 06-19-2002, 03:18 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Originally posted by MikeBaja232
I don't remember what was pulling it. I think it may have been a Chevy, although, I seem to remember a pick up. It was probably the Suburban.

My bro works at Kitchen Aid and he and the family don't really know many people up in the exciting town of St. Joe, so I was hoping to put him in touch with some of our boating brothern.

Anyone else in Benton Harbor/St Joe?

Mike
SO, are you asking anyone but me? Like, okay, thanks, but how about anybody else cause I don'like 32fever....???

There are lots of OS boats in the area. Did he just move to the area? I know someone did just move nto the area that has a 26-29 Scarab with twins, although he knows someone with a 31 forumla and works with them at Whirlpool (not sure which division)

Seriously all he has to do is go out on a weekend, if he sees someone, stop and say hi.

What kind of boat does he have?
Old 06-19-2002, 03:33 PM
MikeBaja232

32fever, that did sound kind of bad didn't it? Sorry about that.

He doesn't have a boat, but he has been talking about looking for one. I don't expect he is real serious right now though.

I emailed this thread to him hoping he will pick up on it and look you up.

Thanks,
Mike

Old 06-19-2002, 10:11 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Mike,
Hey! One of those 32 Thunders is for sale And I have a friend who might sell his Baja Force 265 on the "other end" of the price spectrum, but still a really nice boat. He wants to get another boat, but just bought a new house and is getting married this summer, so he was going to wait a season.

I can understand your brother may want to wait to buy, though. I know housing prices can be a shocker around here for many folks moving to the area For what you get I think it's high.

There are not many places around here to buy a boat, either, as far as window shopping, but there's always the boat trader for reading material

If you come back up without (or with, Venetian Fest is the big deal in St joe) your boat, maybe we can all get together.

Mark
Old 06-20-2002, 08:07 AM
MikeBaja232

Mark:

Chris, my brother, has actually been in St. Joe for a couple of years now. He travels a lot with Kitchen Aid, married and has two kids (one's a new born). They own a house off Red Arrow Hwy. You're right about housing prices; way high.

We are looking at possibly coming up July 4 weekend; but, I don't plan on bringing my boat up. It's probably a 6 hour drive pulling a boat; a little further than I care to deal with.

If we come up that weekend, or later in the summer, we'd like to hook up with you. I'll be in touch.

Thanks,
Mike

Old 06-20-2002, 08:24 AM
Charter Member #927
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

32fever, when is Venitian Fastival? St Joe is about 45-50 miles by water from us. We may try to get up there this year.
Old 06-20-2002, 01:22 PM
Senior Member # 68
Charter Member

Payton
The Venetian Fest is July 18-21st,fireworks are supposed to be on Friday night the 19th.If you go for the fireworks be prepared for a zoo, with everthing from cruisers with no nav. lights to kayaks.
Steve
Old 06-20-2002, 01:40 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Originally posted by MikeBaja232
Mark:

Chris, my brother, has actually been in St. Joe for a couple of years now. He travels a lot with Kitchen Aid, married and has two kids (one's a new born). They own a house off Red Arrow Hwy. You're right about housing prices; way high.

We are looking at possibly coming up July 4 weekend; but, I don't plan on bringing my boat up. It's probably a 6 hour drive pulling a boat; a little further than I care to deal with.

If we come up that weekend, or later in the summer, we'd like to hook up with you. I'll be in touch.

Thanks,
Mike

Mike,
I think there will be a few boats around. I know a group of us are planning on heading to Chicago that weekend, though. We will be around for Venetian the 18th - 21st as Steve mentioned. If the Chicago trip is bailed on, we'll be here, but last I knew, we were still going. Hopefully find out more this weekend.

You can email me at [email protected] also.

Oh, and Steve is right. Fireworks....argh. WE wait till about 1 am till the guys with too much beer in them and $500 invested in their watercraft to get out of the way first I remember two years ago, there was quite the entertainment at the boat launch. Almost saw a fight. Learned some new swear words, too! And the tire smoke from some hillbilly pulling his boat out was better than anything even John Force could muster. It's best to slip so you can avoid the dipwads at the launches.

Mark

Quick Reply: Benton Harbor/St Joe Active Thunder

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.