Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Why such hate towards Outerlimits? >

Why such hate towards Outerlimits?

Notices

Why such hate towards Outerlimits?

Old 02-08-2012, 11:59 AM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts

Where is Dan when he is needed? I really don't have the facts to defend or properly argue this topic. But, back in the begining of the post there is reference to Fountain kicking OL's butt in the all out speed department. Yes, Reggie did show the world what he could do. But, with that said the triple X ran like 166 or whatever it was. Not too shabby. Production wise, everyday boats it does seem like apples to apples the OL's haul. Dan could also address many of the later comments. As for me I could care less. Oh well, just sayin'
Old 02-08-2012, 12:12 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,794 Likes on 1,261 Posts

As a more or less impartial observer, I'm not sure there is any extra hate for Outerlimits (although with Outerlimits it tends to get a bit ... personal). I've watched Cigarette take a beating, usually from the same message board people, on everything from to resale value of the boats to the company's business dealings with dealers and the city of Opa-Locka itself.

And no one, and I mean no one, has taken a greater beating on these boards than Reggie Fountain. (Yeah, he gets a lot of love, but he also gets plenty of abuse.) In fact, I would argue that because, to borrow from a famous president, you don't have Mr. Fountain to "kick around anymore," the rest of the players in the go-fast boat building world take a harder beating in general.

Passion fuels the industry. Brand loyalty fuels the industry. I take issue with none of that. The personal attacks are unnecessary, but they, too, seem to come with the territory.
Old 02-08-2012, 12:26 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

*pours some race fuel on the fire...*

God said so.....hahah
Attached Thumbnails Why such hate towards Outerlimits?-310987_10150345478694822_738139821_8288973_888665005_n.jpg  
Old 02-08-2012, 12:29 PM
Registered

Received 157 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by 302Sport
You cant even compare an OL and a Cig. An outerlimits has a useable cabin with bed, toilet, etc, so it can be considered a pleasure boat. Since 2000 a Cig has, at best a half cabin which has worse accomodations than the porto potti on my job site. When Cig builds a 42X with a FULL cabin (shower, ac, bed, etc...) that runs with a 42OL, I will eat my words. It boils down to the simple fact that the TS Cig design is now over a decade old and every year outerlimits is changing and modifying their bottom design for the better
This is exactly why outerlimits gets all the hate, because of people like you. They build great boats but all the bs just ruins it for me.
Old 02-08-2012, 12:31 PM
Registered

Received 292 Likes on 138 Posts

eeeeeeeeasy there big daddy, shouldnt you be at the tilted kilt for the lunch drink specials
Old 02-08-2012, 12:32 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by jbraun2828
This is exactly why outerlimits gets all the hate, because of people like you. They build great boats but all the bs just ruins it for me.
its the truth, i dont own one and im not on either team here but the numbers and facts are what they are......if you want a boat with a half cabin thats slower than a boat with a full cabin thats your own call

Last edited by 302Sport; 02-08-2012 at 12:34 PM.
Old 02-08-2012, 12:33 PM
Registered

I like my OL.
Old 02-08-2012, 12:42 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

I love Mine, 302 is exactly right.....

It's people who whine about facts that are true, own what you own...own what you love...I had a Tiger w/ #6s...I ran it one season, went 42 OL and never looked back...and I've walked by Cigarettes on severely rough days, in fact...some even turned around...

I said this thread would go to $hit 5 posts in..and it has...

Why do we get to listen to everyone else "plug" other manufacturers that they love but we say anything and we're cheer leaders...listen, honestly, the same stuff happens in other threads...GET OVER IT..

We like our boats, big deal...and yes, I believe it's the best Vee out there, period...for speed, comfort, ride quality....end of story...

Every NY Poker run, the first 3 boats in were always Outerlimits, funny, back in the day everyone loved OL, now that they're doing anything special, maybe pushing the envelope when everyone else is building CENTER CONSOLES....suddenly they're arrogant...does anyone else realize how STUPID this sounds?

Last edited by WildThing47; 02-08-2012 at 12:46 PM.
Old 02-08-2012, 01:08 PM
Can You Hear Me Now??
Gold Member

Received 45 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by customryder
dont know who is hated the most ..but i do know who is loved the most ...
Post of the year right here boys! For me I am tired of hearing the bs. about OL being the fastest V bottom. Big deal if my grandmother had balls she would be my grandfather....that statement is as relavant as the previous one. You could buy a little pickle fork that will go by an OL so what is proven by the comment that is said over and over on hear especially from Pat and Dan the OL cheerleaders. Many will still say that Fountain has the fastest Vbottom and at the end of the day 90% of the guys on here don't care and the ones that do don't have those boats anyways so once agian it is foolish. I still think there is a lot more to go by when picking the boat you would buy, but then again that comes with maturity. I have never been in an OL but have been told by those who own them ridden in them and sold them they have a stiffer ride but are very fast. For me I am not a fan of the looks of many of them, they have a more modern appeal then I like and many of the paint jobs are over the top for my liking( clearly just an opinion). The other thing that gets me I always feel the fans of OL are always trying to get noticed by undermining the other brands and constantly comparing them to Cigarettes, which in their minds is clearly the standard out there for them to beat...at least in their minds anyways. Buy what you like enjoy it talk about it all you want but can we finally stop this pissng and moaning crap it really makes me not want to come in here anymore. My .02
Old 02-08-2012, 01:15 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by customryder
dont know who is hated the most ..but i do know who is loved the most ...
toyota and honda are the most loved cars....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.