DCB M41 Widebody Cat to be Offered With or Without Center Pod >

DCB M41 Widebody Cat to be Offered With or Without Center Pod

Notices

DCB M41 Widebody Cat to be Offered With or Without Center Pod

Old 02-10-2012, 09:27 AM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RiverDave

some are a mixture of both actually taking advantage of the water being shot into the tunnel off the sponsons and creating a little lift off that as well, etc.. etc..

RD

RiverDave –The above is written with a vehemence that suggests you have an excellent grasp of aero and hydro dynamic principals. May I respectfully suggest you perform a vector diagram study of the various forces involved and let us all know if you wish to reconsider these statements of “fact”?

ND1
Old 02-10-2012, 10:13 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

[QUOTE=RiverDave;3613984] To answer your question on how you have a debate.. You present a fact, back it up with proof or logic and not 25 year old titles and trying to change the subject every 2 seconds.

RD[/QUOTE ]

River Dave In his mini "POD"[YOUTUBE]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVvJBA1SGCk [/YOUTUBE]

River Whatever, Like the little Monkey with its hand stuck,suggestion look through this forum and you will find some “small” threads on my Projects and I have nothing to prove to you, LOL LOL LOL, so cut your losses ,BTW Buy a Skater or a MTI.

Last edited by Steve 1; 02-10-2012 at 10:17 AM.
Old 02-10-2012, 12:41 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Too bad Bob Teague doesn't post here. He has driven every DCB cat Powerboat tested over the years. He used to own an F29 and an F32. Bob always tells it like it is and I've never read a criticism of DCB's handling from him. During his years as PB test driver he raced a 36Skater. He owns a 40SS now. If anyone is qualified to testify about the two boats it would be him.

Which brings me to another issue about handling; that cats lean out in turns instead of leaning in. Skater MTI and Mystic lean in. I don't know whether DCB's other cats lean in or out I hope DCB has designed this new cat to lean in.
Old 02-10-2012, 12:45 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

double post

RD

Last edited by RiverDave; 02-10-2012 at 12:55 PM.
Old 02-10-2012, 12:47 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Catmando
Too bad Bob Teague doesn't post here. He has driven every DCB cat Powerboat tested over the years. He used to own an F29 and an F32. Bob always tells it like it is and I've never read a criticism of DCB's handling from him. During his years as PB test driver he raced a 36Skater. He owns a 40SS now. If anyone is qualified to testify about the two boats it would be him.

Which brings me to another issue about handling; that cats lean out in turns instead of in. Skater MTI and Mystic lean in. I hope DCB has designed this new cat to turn in.
It's how you drive them whether they will lean it or out.

Video at 1:10 shows the M31 boat leaning in. I've been in F-29's lean in. 32's Lean in, also been in the same boats.. Lean out. Tres's course will teach a person how to make the boat take a set and make a cat lean in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ll9SHeAJfCA

RD
Old 02-10-2012, 12:49 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

What about that F-34 it hopped off the POD so bad they stopped selling it? Buy A Skater or a MTI .
Old 02-10-2012, 12:53 PM
Registered

Steve1

Not much real info on your Web site.

How many of these cats have you produced?

Where can I see one?

I have only had cats with Pod's. I have been following the New Doug Wright pleasure version with outboards thinking this may be a good fit for my next boat. How does your boat compare to this boat?

Thanks,

Jeff
Old 02-10-2012, 01:06 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by nautdesign1
RiverDave –The above is written with a vehemence that suggests you have an excellent grasp of aero and hydro dynamic principals. May I respectfully suggest you perform a vector diagram study of the various forces involved and let us all know if you wish to reconsider these statements of “fact”?

ND1
nautdesign1, I will respectfully have to decline.. I am not a hull designer, nor am I a Naval Architect.. Hence the reason I've written this and other comments like it, several times in the thread..

This is going to get into a very long conversation about tunnel compression (lifting the boat out of the water), aerodynamic vs hydrodynamic lift and a whole bunch of stuff I'm certainly not qualified to talk about.. LOL
You're right. I do not have an american championship or a UIM world title.. But I did spend the night in a holiday inn once? And it wasn't back in the cocaine cowboy days of miami, so I guess it is what it is.
I'm no expert

But lets set all that aside for a second.. To provide what you asked for I'd require a lot more then what I have sitting in my garage here in LHC?

One could ask the same question of you? Not having intimate knowledge and test data of a particular hull in question, would you be able to draw anything that would be useful or even remotely accurate proving it one way or the other? I think the answer would be no.

From a common sense standpoint though, the water being shot off the sponsons into a contained area (2 tunnels of a center pod) does in fact take up volume, and as you decrease the volume of the area that air is being pushed into, at a constant velocity, you do in fact increase "tunnel compression." (To some point where it starts bleeding out the front of the boat, and creating the cushion in front of the boat as mentioned before.

This is one of those situations where we are on the internet, and on the internet a smart enough guy could probably disprove gravity.

I'm assuming you are some naval architect, and if you are then let me be the 1st to say you've probably forgotten more then I'll ever know about it. My knowledge doesn't come from a school.. Hell it doesn't even come from any sort've formal education. More just drinking beers in the shops with the owners & toolers of the boats.. Asking them why they put this step here, and why this lifting strake there, etc.. Sometimes the answer is as simple as "We tried it somewhere else and it didn't work" sometimes the answer get so complex it might as well be in chinese and they have to break it down for a simpleton like myself. I guess I could go spend a week at the holiday inn and come back with a better answer, but that's what I got for now.

RD

Last edited by RiverDave; 02-10-2012 at 01:15 PM.
Old 02-10-2012, 01:12 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Steve 1
What about that F-34 it hopped off the POD so bad they stopped selling it? Buy A Skater or a MTI .
Much like your attempt at deflecting water away from the center outboard, Not every boat is a home run Steve. It should be noted that after the initial builds they redeveloped that bottom and many went back in for a retrofit.

RD
Old 02-10-2012, 01:39 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by DCB F32
Steve1

Not much real info on your Web site.

How many of these cats have you produced?

Where can I see one?

I have only had cats with Pod's. I have been following the New Doug Wright pleasure version with outboards thinking this may be a good fit for my next boat. How does your boat compare to this boat?

Thanks,

Jeff
I keep no stock as everything is built "one-off" Moldless, that should be explained in the website, except for some molded fishing boats I used to sell. There are threads in here showing more about my work, The boat in my avatar is a 10 meter in front of my Kuwait shop, Doug Wright does very well in the toughest racing environment which speaks volumes for his boats, as you are running in hot air and water against the best equipment money can buy.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.