Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Drive Shower for Bravo I... Simrek, IMCO, or Innovative Marine? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/27028-drive-shower-bravo-i-simrek-imco-innovative-marine.html)

dloftis 06-20-2002 01:39 PM

Drive Shower for Bravo I... Simrek, IMCO, or Innovative Marine?

Just looking for some opinions on the best of the three. I prefer the look of IMCO and Innovative, but looks aren't everything ;)

Cord 06-20-2002 01:45 PM

Paul was pushing his showers on the board last year. We even had a group discount going for awhile. I purchased one of his showers, but found that it wouldn't clear my swim platform. I can tell you that he has a very nice, no questions return policy! Anyways, his alternate recommendation was to go with the innovative. I never got a chance to try it. For my new boat, I'm going with the innovative marine shower. Not that I had any problem with paul's product, but innovative has the option for me to plumb it off of the sea water pump. Now I don't have to worry about pickup issues. The shower actually working when the boat is trimmed up appears to be a major problem with some showers.

audacity 06-20-2002 01:51 PM

we have done testing with data to support our results....to be fair to simerik we did not include them in our past test. i recommend the innovative to all the boats i rig and race. ....know that we did not recommend the hard plumbed innovative due to excessive vibration...this can change the resonance frequency of the drive. and i know that innovative no longer offers this model due to this. a flexable hose does not do this what-so-ever.

XTRM22 06-20-2002 01:53 PM

I have been running with the Innovative drive shower this year and am very satisfied with it. Even trimmed high, the pickup is shaped like an Ice cream scoop and seems to work well at all trim positions. I know alot of folks like the Simrec, it seems to work as well but the Innovative looks better and does have the option of being run off sea water pump.
Chuck

Gordo 06-20-2002 02:07 PM

Simrek

While I admit I haven't done much testing with other drive showers, the Simrek Shower works well on the One Vision race boat. Paul is great to work with, and since we started racing with it in 1998, we have yet to have a drive failure.

blown formula 06-20-2002 02:15 PM

Simrek ONLY !!! 2 boats, 3 showers= no problems-ever !!:)
Besides, Paul is great & has a no hassle warranty!!:cool:
I ordered my last two for the new boat before I even took delivery of the boat!! Installed them before it was put in the water the first time> Do I like them?? Nah, I LOVE them!! :D

ssherman 06-20-2002 02:18 PM

I have only had hands on experience with the Simrek and in a 32 conventional v @ 80 plus with positive trim it is drowning the upper housing ( I have shots from the helicopter) I installed some on a friends 02 TS top gun and @ positive trim and 70 mph I crawled over the pad and they were drowning the upper again. Just my experience.

Good Luck

Cattitude 06-20-2002 02:36 PM

depends on set-up

If you have an agressive x dimension you will need to consider a shower that feeds off the sea pump as the other types, no matter who makes them, often will not scoop water as they are two far out of the water at higher speeds. On my high x cat I've got the intercooler dump feeding the shower.

On typical x dimension set-ups any of the listed units work great. The scoop or 90 degree pickups are preffered over the 45 tips.

good luck!:D

audacity 06-20-2002 02:41 PM

the new innovative also uses an adjustable pickup.

traviss 06-20-2002 04:21 PM

I installed a simrek when I put in my new motor.. Didn't feel like roasting the alpha.. No white residue on the top cap anymore. other then that it looks cool LOL! :D

audacity.. check your email please.. thank you

Travis