Tres Martin Performance Boating School

Notices

Tres Martin Performance Boating School

Old 02-09-2012, 07:06 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tres Martin Performance Boating School

I have been boating for years and running fast (100+) V's for the last 5. Bought a cat and I thought my powerboating skills were pretty good running dozens of poker runs but I followed the direction of my new insurance and took the course.

After taking the first day of the course I can't lie, I learned a few things but wasn't just blown away. Aced the test and as an engineer understood very well the hydrodynamics discussed.

Then came the in water instruction and I was absolutely blown away at the skill and instruction that Tres provided and I now know why my insurance required me to take this course. I needed it! Any performance boater, no matter who you are, will be a more skilled driver after the in water portion of the course. I honestly think an "experienced boater" class could be taught in just one day with maybe an hour or two in class and then the time better spent on water which is invaluable. Tres, if you read this "THANK YOU!"

Last edited by gofastlvr; 02-09-2012 at 07:14 PM.
Old 02-09-2012, 07:24 PM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 22 Posts

Amen brother. But I thought the classroom portion was very valuable to me. I am not an engineer and learned a lot of truth in the class. It was probably the best 2 days of the year for me and without a doubt the smartest use of money in powerboating I have spent.
Old 02-09-2012, 10:02 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Originally Posted by SkiDoc
Amen brother. But I thought the classroom portion was very valuable to me. I am not an engineer and learned a lot of truth in the class. It was probably the best 2 days of the year for me and without a doubt the smartest use of money in powerboating I have spent.
Yeah I really feel like Tres could have just kept me from getting wet and I can't say enough great things about his protocols for turning the boat and the techniques he teaches...

BTW.. Saw you interior down at EB's and I bet it looks great in the boat! That carbon fiber looks awesome. See ya at a poker run soon!!
Old 02-09-2012, 10:08 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 25 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Tres martin course

Hey CHAD ! I'm glad that you understand why I required you to take the course,I want you around for a long time.I have several more boat owners that I'm requiring to take this course and I'm sure they will all have the same outcome as you did.
Old 02-09-2012, 10:25 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Originally Posted by sy goldberg
Hey CHAD ! I'm glad that you understand why I required you to take the course,I want you around for a long time.I have several more boat owners that I'm requiring to take this course and I'm sure they will all have the same outcome as you did.
If they don't believe tell 'em to call me!
Old 02-10-2012, 04:50 AM
Registered

Where did you take your course Chad?
Old 02-10-2012, 09:01 AM
Registered
VIP Member

drove down to Chattanooga to take the class portion with another guy from Atlanta and then we ran the boat yesterday on Old Hickory.
Old 02-10-2012, 10:56 AM
OSO Moderator
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have been boating since I was 12 (lots older now) and what Tres taught me was pretty eye opening. I HIGHLY recommend his course!!!!!

'00 Scarab Sport 302 CC
'02 Cigarette Top Gun TS
'02 PQ 340
'00 PQ 280
'98 Scarab 22
'97 Baja Outlaw 20
'72 Checkmate
'65 Glastron
Old 02-10-2012, 12:01 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 616 Likes on 180 Posts

For sure i have had boats my entire life and it was very humbling how much i didn't know.
Old 02-10-2012, 12:08 PM
Registered

Must have been a little chilly in Nashville yesterday Chad.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.