Notices

what i like about....

Old 02-12-2012, 11:11 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what i like about....

this thread will be dedicated to boaters that like all boats,allowing them to tell us what they like about other brands,the ones they do not own...call me naive,or retarded,but i think this thread was long overdue....for a change
personnaly,i have a special place for bajas,as the 240 sport was my first one...i also like the 38 special for the roomy interior....i like fountains for the sleek shape,and the race records......
more to come....
Old 02-12-2012, 01:00 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Myself I like the speed runs at,The Lake of the Ozarks Shootout where you have The Boats, the Engine Builders and mechanics & crew who complete the third side of a winning triangle,Plus a pair of these:

Old 02-12-2012, 01:23 PM
Registered

What I like about my boats and jet skis is that they float LOL !!!
In a hot SE Texas summer nothing beats being out on the water.
I agree with you on the spaciousness of a 38 Special. 6' of headroom, all the creature comforts, and the ability to hit some decent topend-cruising speeds were my #1 requirements when shopping for my new boat.
The most important aspect of my purchase was an affordable asking price as I don't finance toys and she met every criteria.

I do love all the awesome boats on this forum and would love to enjoy ownership of any of the upper class powerboats that offered the same amenities but they were all out of my allowance.
It was funny when I was reading the "hating OL thread", I have taken a little bashing about my purchase with some of the under the collar remarks. I always offer up that I appreciate the insight into the high parformance manufacturers products but I'm grateful I got mine at the price I paid and I really don't feel I'm enjoying it any less than I would with a more expensive boat which was financed.
All in all, I love any paid for toy whether it be a Harley or Kawasaki or a Baja -vs- Outerlimits. Would I be happier with an upscale boat, most likely I'd have equal fun in the sun at the expense of a monthly note. One thing's for sure, I'd take it much more personal if someone bashed me on being an OL owner.

See ya,
Kelly
Old 02-12-2012, 01:59 PM
Registered

I think this would be a good way for a manufacturer to do product developement and research. I know there are a few things i'd like to see on a go fast that nobody has done yet. Maybe if I hit the lottery I can get something custom built.
Old 02-12-2012, 03:52 PM
Registered

i saw a nice 38 special on ebay last summer,with twin yanmar diesels...i think its a nice compromise...owner said he was doing 62mph
Old 02-12-2012, 04:29 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by pqjack
i saw a nice 38 special on ebay last summer,with twin yanmar diesels...i think its a nice compromise...owner said he was doing 62mph
I'd give up my supercharged, premium gas only, motors in a millisecond to get a pair of turbo diesels in a 38 Special as long as it had the genset-ac/heat-etc..
The better fuel consumption would way offset the 10-12mph I'd lose, while using half the gph I currently use at top speed, and at cruising speeds I'd probably triple my range.
Wish I'd of seen that one listed.
My favorite boat would be like BobtheBuilder's, a well appointed diesel fueled weekender with lots of range and decent topend.

PQ,
Thanks for your thread, it has great potential.

See ya,
Kelly
Old 02-12-2012, 06:24 PM
Registered

Received 278 Likes on 97 Posts

I love my Baja, one of the best hulls they made, its paid for, runs 100+, and has a HUGE cockpit!

Love the air cushioned cockpit, looks, handling, etc of the Statement marine when I drove it at Miami.

Love the looks and speed of Outerlimits

Love the Looks and room of Nor Tech

Love how well Cigerettes handle the water

Love the wild ride I had in Dan's Wicked Won

Love the room of the Black Thunders

Love to own a Skater or MTI, my favorite cats

Love Checkmate's.... my Dad still uses his 1977 slalom skiing!
Old 02-12-2012, 07:15 PM
Registered

i still like the old sea-ray SS31..what a nice all-around boat
love the OL..but can't afford one..had a sunseeker 30ft...still miss it
Old 02-12-2012, 08:01 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i like any boat that isnt wet/rotting..lmao.. serouisly..
Old 02-13-2012, 03:27 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

One thing that I like is a friend has a 30 Outlaw with a anchor locker that secures the anchor from bouncing around, why more manufactures do not do this I simply cannot understand, also the same guy also owns a 37 AT and that boat is bad azzzzzzzzz, always partial to Donzi I grew up on one and there cool, someday in my dream that comes true I will have a 40 ft cruiser (probably Formula) with my 22 classic rafted up Kinda like having your Corvette parked next to your camper,

otherwise I'm a Formula guy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.