If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    instigator Platinum Member BUIZILLA's Avatar
    My Boats:
    1980 Donzi Criterion 22
    Miami, Fla
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom1 View Post
    That is the best post on this thread yet in my opinion. I raced offshore for three years ('99, '00 & '01), and can tell you that there was a strong level of comfort that the divers "had my back". Did I look at them as being able to save me in any circumstance? No, but they were a good "safety net"....or "back up" plan. I liken it to skydiving. You know the potential for accidents, but you put a certain level of trust in the company that is taking you up, packed your chute, and went over all of the safety rules/recommendations. All of a sudden your main chute doesn't open, you expect for the back up/secondary chute to work right? What happens if the secondary chute doesn't open quick enough? The skydiving company said that it would be an extra level of safety....

I think those of you that are criticizing the Grattons are underestimating the family. I knew them very well when I raced and still think the world of them. In my opinion, they are suing to obtain factual data regarding the accident - something that hasn't been shared with them voluntarily. Just one man's thoughts and opinions.....
    double Bingo !

My Boats:
    2001 Top Gun T/S, 2002 Gladiator
    New Smyrna Beach, Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by ROTAX454 View Post
    Does Florida have limitations to the percentage of the award that a trial attorney can receive? Just curious.
    33% pre suit, 40% post lawsuit filing up to $1 mil, 30% up to $2 mil and 20% after that. I am admitted in Florida and practice PI.

My Boats:
    Sold the Cig
    Spring Lake, Michigan
    Quote Originally Posted by dhlaw View Post
    33% pre suit, 40% post lawsuit filing up to $1 mil, 30% up to $2 mil and 20% after that. I am admitted in Florida and practice PI.
    Brett is one of the few good guys in this proffesion in my opinion

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789