Notices

Gratton Lawsuit Filed

Old 02-14-2012, 05:55 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomChaos
Because you keep saying sueing will not bring back a "loved one". EVERYONE knows that. Okay.....so you don't have either of those so you may not understand? If SBI screwed up and killed your.......never mind. You haven't lost someone like this person has. They claim to want to make change. We'll see. If SBI goes down due to this.. ....so be it. Race standards? What if SBI says the race and support level is standard is 999, and it is only provided at 333?
by the way have you ever been involved in a lawsuit over a wrongful death? well I have so I think I come to this conversation a little better informed om this subject
Old 02-14-2012, 06:02 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by boatme
by the way have you ever been involved in a lawsuit over a wrongful death? well I have so I think I come to this conversation a little better informed om this subject
I know you have been involved in a previous suit. I have not. I have read yours over and over and so I understand where you are coming from. This lawsuit is about possible safety negligence on SBI's part. Totally different from your suit. Your suit seems like it was crappy deal and it sucks.
Old 02-14-2012, 06:43 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Perfect.

I call bull ****. Take the risk and make sure your family is covered before you do it.

Marc, you explain about my kid, doctors, misdiagnosis and cancer with a 14 year old and no law suit brought.

They are human. Doctors, racers, school crossing guards. Mistakes are made.

Point the finger at me if I die on a poker run or simply testing a boat for speed shame on me.

Stop the suit. It is greed.
Old 02-14-2012, 07:02 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ActiveThunder
Perfect.

I call bull ****. Take the risk and make sure your family is covered before you do it.

Marc, you explain about my kid, doctors, misdiagnosis and cancer with a 14 year old and no law suit brought.

Point the finger at me if I die on a poker run or simply testing a boat for speed shame on me.

I wish the rest of the world thought like you and I Pat.
Old 02-14-2012, 07:07 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ActiveThunder
Perfect.

I think so.
Old 02-14-2012, 07:32 PM
Registered

I have to say that the above sentance hits the nail on the head. This is so true and it can't be overlooked. We all know that the issue hear is how long it took for the divers to get to the people in the boat.

Who's at fault? What is the appropriate amount of recovery time? ETC.

This does not seem like an appropriate case to sue, based on the "assumed risks" of the people willing to risk there lives in the first place. This is just my opinoin.
Old 02-14-2012, 07:54 PM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

I know with the deaths at our event, the Blood suckers were making phonecalls to family and to people involved within one day
may i ask how you know that?
Old 02-14-2012, 10:37 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Doesn't it strike you odd that a lot of people who are actually participating in or facilitating offshore racing in this country are for this lawsuit? Does it dawn on you that maybe we know a little more about what has gone on and would like to see it stopped once and for all? Even though the possibility exists that it could damage the sport which we collectively have worked on for years? I mean it's nice to hear from guys that raced decades ago, and it's awesome to hear from poker run promoters and participants, input from all sides is super. But please, pay attention to who is defending (for what reason I have no idea, since this is gonna happen and things will get sorted out) this lawsuit and maybe, just maybe stop knee jerking that lawsuits are bad and let this happen. If it clears SBI, yippee, if not and SBI folds, then Karma is a b!tch. As for the "sh!t happens" defense, yes it does, but if some cheap bastard won't pay for a 4" pipe the sh!t ends up in your basement, where it can kill you
Old 02-14-2012, 10:42 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Ted G
Doesn't it strike you odd that a lot of people who are actually participating in or facilitating offshore racing in this country are for this lawsuit? Does it dawn on you that maybe we know a little more about what has gone on and would like to see it stopped once and for all? Even though the possibility exists that it could damage the sport which we collectively have worked on for years? I mean it's nice to hear from guys that raced decades ago, and it's awesome to hear from poker run promoters and participants, input from all sides is super. But please, pay attention to who is defending (for what reason I have no idea, since this is gonna happen and things will get sorted out) this lawsuit and maybe, just maybe stop knee jerking that lawsuits are bad and let this happen. If it clears SBI, yippee, if not and SBI folds, then Karma is a b!tch. As for the "sh!t happens" defense, yes it does, but if some cheap bastard won't pay for a 4" pipe the sh!t ends up in your basement, where it can kill you
Ted.....don't hold back now.
Old 02-15-2012, 02:21 AM
Registered

I will say it again I would fight for change not for money
With all due NO respect to you, I call Bull chit.

You are something else.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.