Notices

St Louis Boat Show

Old 02-13-2012, 02:25 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default St Louis Boat Show

I would have to say the St Louis Boat Show was a great improvement this year over the last couple years...... Enjoyed seeing some new boats and products
Old 02-13-2012, 02:27 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 50 Likes on 16 Posts

Old 02-13-2012, 03:15 PM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

Trip 300's on back of 36 Deep Impact (Wild in the cockpit working the crowd). 34 Nor-Tech CC with twin Verado's.
Attached Thumbnails St Louis Boat Show-di36.jpg   St Louis Boat Show-nt36.jpg   St Louis Boat Show-nt34helm.jpg  

Old 02-13-2012, 07:47 PM
Registered

Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts

The NorTech was sweet.
Old 02-14-2012, 01:20 AM
Registered

Received 155 Likes on 71 Posts

It was much better this year. Went two days.
Old 02-14-2012, 09:19 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Plowtownmissile
It was much better this year. Went two days.
Wasn't much better. 1 fountain, 0 cigs., 0 cats., I thought MTI's were built in Wentville, Mo.? Times are tough but couldn't pull one down to the boat show? Black Thunders built in Hannibal? Good place to shop for tri toons, wave runners and bass boats. Disappointment.
Old 02-14-2012, 09:47 AM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

I thought it was better than the past few years. A couple nice CC's Deep Impact and Nor tech, Fountain, Nrg, etc. As far as no cigs mti's etc. A buyer that is buying that caliber of boat ($500,000+) isn't going to go to the STL boat show and purchase one of these on a whim (they would call mti, take a plant tour and plan the build of their boat). Those buyers will be in Miami this weekend hence the the manufacturers didn't waste their time with the STL show.

Personally, I don't blame them. Spend all that time and money just so some guy shopping for a bass boat can let his kids treat your product like a high dollar jungle jim.

I had fun, was entertained, and would go back. The fact that they had $5 bottles of beer this year was just icing on the cake.
Old 02-14-2012, 10:06 AM
Registered

Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by baywatch
I thought it was better than the past few years. A couple nice CC's Deep Impact and Nor tech, Fountain, Nrg, etc. As far as no cigs mti's etc. A buyer that is buying that caliber of boat ($500,000+) isn't going to go to the STL boat show and purchase one of these on a whim (they would call mti, take a plant tour and plan the build of their boat). Those buyers will be in Miami this weekend hence the the manufacturers didn't waste their time with the STL show.

Personally, I don't blame them. Spend all that time and money just so some guy shopping for a bass boat can let his kids treat your product like a high dollar jungle jim.

I had fun, was entertained, and would go back. The fact that they had $5 bottles of beer this year was just icing on the cake.
I thought it was better too. Agree folks buying high end go fast are not doing it at boat shows anymore, maybe with the exception of Miami. Those manufacturers are spending their marketing $ at poker runs now versus boat shows. Can't knock the manufacturers for showing what sells to the boat show crowd. If you want to see the upper end go fast hardware go to the shootout, not the St Louis boat show.

We go because it's the middle of winter, we run into friends, and the beer is cold.
Old 02-14-2012, 10:48 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by ruepappy
Wasn't much better. 1 fountain, 0 cigs., 0 cats., I thought MTI's were built in Wentville, Mo.? Times are tough but couldn't pull one down to the boat show? Black Thunders built in Hannibal? Good place to shop for tri toons, wave runners and bass boats. Disappointment.
Black Thunder isn't building boats and even in the heyday of boat shows you didn't see MTI at St. Louis. Frankly, I was shocked as hell to run into Terry Sobo at St. Louis. With CC's becoming more popular at LOTO it makes sense though that Nor-Tech showed a 34 CC.

Last edited by Knot 4 Me; 02-14-2012 at 10:53 AM.
Old 02-14-2012, 10:56 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Mentalpause
We go because it's the middle of winter, we run into friends, and the beer is cold.
Plus Katie (on the right) put up with our BS after the show. She was a trooper!
Attached Thumbnails St Louis Boat Show-katie.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.