Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   just heard 5 gas by memoial day , (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/270614-just-heard-5-gas-memoial-day.html)

88Fount33 02-14-2012 07:37 AM

Gotta win the lottery.......mama wants to ride some in the boat this spring/summer!!! Lottery, the only way to keep your head above the water! I an't talking about buying anything, just maintaining what we already HAVE!

Ona-Mission 02-14-2012 07:45 AM

Its the same story every year.

Indy 02-14-2012 07:47 AM

I don't have trust or faith in any party. They're all beholden to special interest and lobbying efforts and have the American public as a distant second.

TWIN-SPINS 02-14-2012 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by Ona-Mission (Post 3617176)
Its the same story every year.

every four years:lolhit:

tommymonza 02-14-2012 08:07 AM

And than groceries and every other product we need in life will jump up another 20-30 percent in price AGAIN for added on Fuel surcharges.

My buddy and I were talking the other day how phucked some of the younger families are around now with skyrocketing costs and jobs if you have one are asking for cuts.

I have a 41 year old teacher friend with 4 kids, been divorced for ever ,husband was a closet heroin addict .Anyways she got a 10 percent pay cut this year.She was making only 43 a year to start with and still has student loans to payoff .Than everything else went up 30 percent and she is almost poverty.

We are not talking about the poor we are talking master degree people barely able to hold on because of this crap .

And it is pure SPECULATION driving the price up.The devaluing of the dollar is accountable for some rise but the majority is Spec.

tommymonza 02-14-2012 08:08 AM

And than groceries and every other product we need in life will jump up another 20-30 percent in price AGAIN for added on Fuel surcharges.

My buddy and I were talking the other day how phucked some of the younger families are around now with skyrocketing costs and jobs if you have one are asking for cuts.

I have a 41 year old teacher friend with 4 kids, been divorced for ever ,husband was a closet heroin addict .Anyways she got a 10 percent pay cut this year.She was making only 43 a year to start with and still has student loans to payoff .Than everything else went up 30 percent and she is almost poverty.

We are not talking about the poor we are talking master degree people barely able to hold on because of this crap .

And it is pure SPECULATION driving the price up.The devaluing of the dollar is accountable for some rise but the majority is Spec.

tommymonza 02-14-2012 08:09 AM

whoops .Guess i wanted to be heard.

soldier4402 02-14-2012 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by Indy (Post 3617181)
I don't have trust or faith in any party. They're all beholden to special interest and lobbying efforts and have the American public as a distant second.

I agree you are fool to think one party is some evilship and the other is gods savior. Both have done nothing and have equally contributed to our downfall.

With that said I severly changed my boat habbits with gas being over 4 bucks. Now being 5 bucks its really goint to change things. Thats 550 bucks a fill up for me.

Downtown42 02-14-2012 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by tommymonza (Post 3617207)
whoops .Guess i wanted to be heard.

I hear you.

1 in 3 Americans are near or below the poverty level currently. Fact. :(

BillR 02-14-2012 08:18 AM

Why is it EVERY year around this time that some CRISIS occurs to raise oil, esp Middle East crisis?
Iran
Iraq
Refineries down
Pipeline shut down
Maintanence
Etc
Etc

This NEVER happened until around 2003/04. Before that, oil/gas stayed relatively stable.

If a candidate would run on bringing gas prices down - bet he'd win! But he wouldn't get enough funding for his campaign. Trouble is ALL of our elected are puppets for corporations and not "we the people"