Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its the same story every year.
Old 02-14-2012, 07:47 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 851 Likes on 312 Posts

I don't have trust or faith in any party. They're all beholden to special interest and lobbying efforts and have the American public as a distant second.
Old 02-14-2012, 07:50 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ona-Mission
Its the same story every year.
every four years
Old 02-14-2012, 08:07 AM
Registered

Received 562 Likes on 231 Posts

And than groceries and every other product we need in life will jump up another 20-30 percent in price AGAIN for added on Fuel surcharges.

My buddy and I were talking the other day how phucked some of the younger families are around now with skyrocketing costs and jobs if you have one are asking for cuts.

I have a 41 year old teacher friend with 4 kids, been divorced for ever ,husband was a closet heroin addict .Anyways she got a 10 percent pay cut this year.She was making only 43 a year to start with and still has student loans to payoff .Than everything else went up 30 percent and she is almost poverty.

We are not talking about the poor we are talking master degree people barely able to hold on because of this crap .

And it is pure SPECULATION driving the price up.The devaluing of the dollar is accountable for some rise but the majority is Spec.
Old 02-14-2012, 08:08 AM
Registered

And than groceries and every other product we need in life will jump up another 20-30 percent in price AGAIN for added on Fuel surcharges.

My buddy and I were talking the other day how phucked some of the younger families are around now with skyrocketing costs and jobs if you have one are asking for cuts.

I have a 41 year old teacher friend with 4 kids, been divorced for ever ,husband was a closet heroin addict .Anyways she got a 10 percent pay cut this year.She was making only 43 a year to start with and still has student loans to payoff .Than everything else went up 30 percent and she is almost poverty.

We are not talking about the poor we are talking master degree people barely able to hold on because of this crap .

And it is pure SPECULATION driving the price up.The devaluing of the dollar is accountable for some rise but the majority is Spec.
Old 02-14-2012, 08:09 AM
Registered

whoops .Guess i wanted to be heard.
Old 02-14-2012, 08:13 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Indy
I don't have trust or faith in any party. They're all beholden to special interest and lobbying efforts and have the American public as a distant second.
I agree you are fool to think one party is some evilship and the other is gods savior. Both have done nothing and have equally contributed to our downfall.

With that said I severly changed my boat habbits with gas being over 4 bucks. Now being 5 bucks its really goint to change things. Thats 550 bucks a fill up for me.
Old 02-14-2012, 08:17 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by tommymonza
whoops .Guess i wanted to be heard.
I hear you.

1 in 3 Americans are near or below the poverty level currently. Fact.
Old 02-14-2012, 08:18 AM
OSO Moderator
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Why is it EVERY year around this time that some CRISIS occurs to raise oil, esp Middle East crisis?
Iran
Iraq
Refineries down
Pipeline shut down
Maintanence
Etc
Etc

This NEVER happened until around 2003/04. Before that, oil/gas stayed relatively stable.

If a candidate would run on bringing gas prices down - bet he'd win! But he wouldn't get enough funding for his campaign. Trouble is ALL of our elected are puppets for corporations and not "we the people"

'00 Scarab Sport 302 CC
'02 Cigarette Top Gun TS
'02 PQ 340
'00 PQ 280
'98 Scarab 22
'97 Baja Outlaw 20
'72 Checkmate
'65 Glastron

Last edited by BillR; 02-14-2012 at 08:24 AM.
Old 02-14-2012, 08:28 AM
Gold Member

i think most of you guys are missing the big picture.as soon as we start to get back on our feet,the price of oil goes way high.as long as we are paying high oil prices,the ecomony will never get better.and the people selling us oil know this.they dont want the ecomony to get better,they want us to falter,and bankrup.thats how they win.the sad thing is ,our own goverment lets this happen because of greed.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.