Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   just heard 5 gas by memoial day , (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/270614-just-heard-5-gas-memoial-day.html)

customryder 02-14-2012 10:22 AM

dont we hear this about, this time every year?

Just sayin

GTOFFSHORE 02-14-2012 10:35 AM

I started typing a bunch of stuff but it get to wired up. We get to have theses talks and enjoy are boats, regardless of the cost of gas. God Bless America! This would is only a dream in most countries. Just don't let it become a memory here. Make sure to vote. Those are your term limiters. Go talk to people get them involved. I am in fl so I am going to the boat(:

the deep 02-14-2012 10:56 AM

I started typing a bunch of stuff but it get to wired up. We get to have theses talks and enjoy are boats, regardless of the cost of gas. God Bless America! This would is only a dream in most countries. Just don't let it become a memory here. Make sure to vote. Those are your term limiters. Go talk to people get them involved. I am in fl so I am going to the boat(:[/QUOTE] :noevil::noevil: :boat:

88Fount33 02-14-2012 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by twin screws (Post 3617328)
Not having term limits is the reason we are in the shape were in and everyone knows it but nothing changes. I only wish I knew how to get people motivated to make it happen, but it is supposed to be "We the People" If we could start on this website, who knows, lots of members.

Problem is that the 'evildoers' draw up the voting districts such that the voters in that area ALWAYS vote for the incumbent and therefore, you could never mobilize enough outsiders to displace them unless you were able to displace the existing population with like minded individuals, so that means you gotta move them out of the district, and move others in. Not gonna happen. Occasionally, very rarely, when the incumbent does something that even these voters cannot tolerate they get the boot.

soldier4402 02-14-2012 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by 88Fount33 (Post 3617392)
Problem is that the 'evildoers' draw up the voting districts such that the voters in that area ALWAYS vote for the incumbent and therefore, you could never mobilize enough outsiders to displace them unless you were able to displace the existing population with like minded individuals, so that means you gotta move them out of the district, and move others in. Not gonna happen. Occasionally, very rarely, when the incumbent does something that even these voters cannot tolerate they get the boot.

Good point that is why Gerrymandering(Spelling) needs to be a felony offense as well

the deep 02-14-2012 11:27 AM

Any of you Carolina boy's know what happened to Popcorn Sutten's still !! That could solve the problem for many of us here . :party-smiley-020: oh , thats right , the govment wouldn't like that either.......:waffen093:

88242LS 02-14-2012 03:30 PM

My theory is simple,

Gas down lets go out and spend, take a ride just because, stop at that great diner 25 miles away for no reason......

Gas up lets sit home and worry about everything,

its a mental state that says wait a minute should we do this?? my ride to work will cost 5 more dollars a week, so what really not a killer, but as mentioned above, then the 69 cent box of mac and cheese, well now its 1.09 box, if this pace continues it will be 1.59 remember goods will cost more to get where they need to go. and same with every other product we use, seems my 3% inflation raise is way gone already

Also in response to what about our kids, well i will say this there doomed in many ways, but if your 18-20 yrs old and working at target for a whopping 8.50 an hour to put gas in your car, and your parents somehow pay your tuition where is your kid gonna get nowadays with that, he/she can't even go out with friends for dinner,

articfriends 02-14-2012 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by soldier4402 (Post 3617211)
I agree you are fool to think one party is some evilship and the other is gods savior. Both have done nothing and have equally contributed to our downfall.

With that said I severly changed my boat habbits with gas being over 4 bucks. Now being 5 bucks its really goint to change things. Thats 550 bucks a fill up for me.

I know what you mean, gas has always been the lowest exspense of my boating experience but in 08 when things were insane high -diesel was 4.75, premium was 4.39 it actually started to hurt my pocketbook, a weekend trip boating was breaking the 1000$ mark and for years I have wanted to send my old boat down the road, buy a 35-40 foot twin, build it up and make some big trips but in the back of my mind I know there will be a day in the very near future when gas will be manipulated to 6 or 7 dollars a gallon. At that point even having a low 6 figure income won't be enough to be able to afford to run a boat anymore, when it starts costing 2000$ for gas and fuel a weekend plus upkeep-blown drives, etc then the amount of fun vs the amount of time at work to have that fun will lose its appeal. Sure, some of the big shots on here and trust fund babys will still be out ripping it up but the rest of us will be sitting on the sidelines, Smitty

ROB FREEMAN 02-14-2012 04:56 PM

gas for boat sucks . but i miss all the half naked ladys that use to be boating . :thankyouthankyou:

soldier4402 02-14-2012 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by 88242LS (Post 3617594)
My theory is simple,

Gas down lets go out and spend, take a ride just because, stop at that great diner 25 miles away for no reason......

Gas up lets sit home and worry about everything,

its a mental state that says wait a minute should we do this?? my ride to work will cost 5 more dollars a week, so what really not a killer, but as mentioned above, then the 69 cent box of mac and cheese, well now its 1.09 box, if this pace continues it will be 1.59 remember goods will cost more to get where they need to go. and same with every other product we use, seems my 3% inflation raise is way gone already

Also in response to what about our kids, well i will say this there doomed in many ways, but if your 18-20 yrs old and working at target for a whopping 8.50 an hour to put gas in your car, and your parents somehow pay your tuition where is your kid gonna get nowadays with that, he/she can't even go out with friends for dinner,

Good points. But mentality turns into reality. When gas was 3 bucks my truck cost me 75 bucks to fill up and boat 300 bucks. At 5 bucks truck now cost 125 bucks and boat 500. So lets say one trip a week ads 325 bucks times 10 weeks thats an added 3 grand in the budget that not a lot of people. It turns into reality man. And like you said to top it off that steak cost you 25% more the electricity cost more. everything goes up