If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Thread: teak wood ????

teak wood ????

hey guys
    i have some teak trim on my boat that needs to be reoiled.
    will the oil harm the paint on the boat?? i have trim that runs from windsheild to bow and its screwed down from the bottom side want to address this before i install the new headliner in it also have a swim deck
    ive never done it before what you guys recomend product wise and procedure wise.. thanks JASON

Charter Member # 302 Charter Member SpeedDoc's Avatar
    My Boats:
    Dinwiddie, Va. USA
    Transmission fluid works just fine on Teak, I have seen New Boat Mfrs use it. Any oil you use probably won't hurt the paint, But some of the Acid washes may (if your gonna go that far) otherwise a light sanding and some tranny fluid and it'll be good for another year or so...

My Boats:
    2005 42' Fountain SOLD
    1 Flu Ovr KuKos Nest-WI
    I had lot's of teak on Carver cruisers over 20 yrs ago including a 1973 31' wood hull. I used the teak oils until a friend recommended this

It is a water based treatment that looks great and will last the entire season in WI. Easy to apply and you won't have to re-apply for that fresh look every month. Teak wood has natural oils already and this acts kind of more like a "sealer". Try it-good stuff.

Also there is a similiar product out there, may be the same stuff but I always used the original and never tried this