Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Pier 57 bought by Shogren??? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/270743-pier-57-bought-shogren.html)

Jupiter Sunsation 02-15-2012 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by bill63 (Post 3618582)
No mention of nor tech on press release or on the new website wonder what's up.

Matt's article notes that they can no longer carry Nortech since they are a direct competitor to MTI.....

Ironic, Scott used that same argument for keeping Nortech over Sunsation (both are in the center console business) yet you would think with so few cats being sold and the CC business on overdrive that the true competition would be between Cigarette and Nortech for their CC lines......hmmm.

I think Shogren has represented every builder in the industry by now! He has a great business going so this should be a good move for both David and Scott.

tomtbone1993 02-15-2012 06:27 PM

cool:)

Expensive Date 02-15-2012 06:38 PM

Good Luck.

bill63 02-15-2012 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation (Post 3618610)
Matt's article notes that they can no longer carry Nortech since they are a direct competitor to MTI.....

Ironic, Scott used that same argument for keeping Nortech over Sunsation (both are in the center console business) yet you would think with so few cats being sold and the CC business on overdrive that the true competition would be between Cigarette and Nortech for their CC lines......hmmm.

I think Shogren has represented every builder in the industry by now! He has a great business going so this should be a good move for both David and Scott.

It should also be noted that nor tech sells direct while I believe cig only sells through it's dealers. I personally enjoy working directly with the manufacter no middle man to deal with

DENNYB 02-15-2012 06:49 PM

Shogren Performance Marine will be changing their name to Pier 57 in Waukegan Illinois also.

They will be handling the full line of new Checkmates, Cigarettes, and MTI . Just those Performance brands only.

What a move and excited to be part of it.

Bullhead 02-15-2012 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by chattviper (Post 3618459)
Always!!!! You? :lolhit:

done shoppin.....just gotta do some sellin :lolhit:

windship 02-15-2012 08:12 PM

Good move guys, best of luck and look forward to a long friendship

Plowtownmissile 02-15-2012 08:35 PM

I'm a little confused. Is it an equal partnership or did one take over the other? If there was a take over, who took over who?

Either way, glad to see two great dealers joining together to make a stronger business :ernaehrung004:

Smitty 02-15-2012 08:48 PM

It is listed as a merger and both teams/sides will stay intact according to the email I got. Sounds like a partnership which in theory should cut costs and allow both guys to stay afloat since this economy is gonna suck for many years to come...

wrinkleface 02-15-2012 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by bill63 (Post 3618631)
it should also be noted that nor tech sells direct while i believe cig only sells through it's dealers. I personally enjoy working directly with the manufacter no middle man to deal with

x 2!!!