Shogren Performance Marine and Pier 57 Merge

Notices

Shogren Performance Marine and Pier 57 Merge

Old 02-15-2012, 03:47 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,695 Likes on 1,208 Posts
Default Shogren Performance Marine and Pier 57 Merge

This just in, huge news on the eve of the Miami Boat Show, http://speedonthewater.com/in-the-ne...-57-merge.html.
Old 02-15-2012, 03:49 PM
Warped & Twisted Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Shogren Performance Marine & Pier 57 Merger Puts Performance Boating into High Speed

WAUKEGAN, IL, Feb. 15, 2012 – Shogren Performance Marine has successfully completed a merger with Pier 57, joining industry-leading sales with top tier service. From its headquarters in Chicago, Sjogren will take over day-to-day operations of the new company and will maintain a sales presence in Counce, TN.

“We’re very excited about this opportunity,” explained Scott Sjogren, founder of Shogren Performance Marine. The new Pier 57 is committed to being the best and biggest dealer ever, where the buying, selling, servicing and overall client experience will be second to none.”

The combination gives boaters a single point of exclusive access to the best brands in the business: Cigarette, MTI, Checkmate, MYCO, Eagle and Mercury Engines exclusively, along with a great selection of used boats.

“I feel very good about the merger of our businesses. Scott's a very driven and motivated guy, and he'll bring a ton of new energy to things,” commented David Woods, founder of Pier 57. “We're gonna keep doing what we do well. But now we're doing it together, which makes it even better. It's all good!”

“It makes perfect sense to combine the best performance boat salesman I know in David Woods with the best retail operator in the business in Scott Sjogren,” offered Fred Kiekhaefer, President, Mercury Racing. “Complementary talent, leading boat brands and outstanding consumer relationships…it's a brilliant combination, and I’m glad I’m on their team.”

Staffing within the merged organization will remain the same, continuing to deliver the exceptional service and attention to detail that customers of both businesses have come to expect.

“Cigarette Racing is strongly committed to the dealer model because we recognize the immense importance of a complete and well-managed sales and service offering, and these guys are two of the best in the industry,” said Skip Braver, Owner, Cigarette Boats. “Their reputations are exceptional.”

“We chose to adopt the Pier 57 name with our merger because of its well-known brand position and for long term branding opportunities we see within the high performance powerboat industry. This collaboration begins a new chapter—leveraging our combined strengths and well-known histories,” added Sjogren.

About Shogren Performance Marine

Shogren Performance Marine is headquartered in Chicago, Illinois. Founded by Scott Sjogren in 2003, the company has received numerous industry awards and is a recognized leader in performance boating sales and service.

About Pier 57

David Woods founded Pier 57 in 1994. Located in Counce, TN, the company is a factory authorized dealer for MTI and Cigarette Powerboats, and also carries a large selection of pre-owned powerboats and classic cars.

- # # # -

For More Information Contact:

Scott Sjogren

Pier 57

3830 Sunset Ave.

Waukegan, IL 60086

847-336-9037: Office

Email: [email protected]

Pier 57
3830 Sunset Ave Waukegan, IL 60087
www.pier57.com 847.336.9037
Old 02-15-2012, 04:06 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,695 Likes on 1,208 Posts

I talked with Scott Shogren about an hour ago. Apparently, he and David Woods have been talking about this for some time. There's also information in the linked article about Shogren no longer being able to represent Nor-Tech.
Old 02-15-2012, 04:11 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Can't believe they dumped nor-tech? What about sunsation? No mention in newsletter...
Old 02-15-2012, 04:12 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome, this move puts one of the biggest high performance boat inventories in the country to the shores of the Great Lakes. It should help bring prices up here more in line with those down south and improve selection as well.
Old 02-15-2012, 04:14 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 548 Likes on 259 Posts

Shogren hasn't carried Sunsation models for about a year or so.
Old 02-15-2012, 04:19 PM
Registered

Received 269 Likes on 93 Posts

congradulations to all involved......but it just sounds weird to me.....
Old 02-15-2012, 04:19 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 364 Likes on 243 Posts

Good news for Scott ! I sent him a congrats email about that in fact...

Taking such a big bite into competition in such a weird economy is ... impressive to say the least...

sign of the times ????

My hat's off to Shogreen anyways !!! Best of luck!
Old 02-15-2012, 04:28 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 23 Likes on 6 Posts

Drop Nor-Tech for MTI?

Drop the industry's currently most innovative builder for one who builds Skater splashes?

Last edited by ApachePete; 02-15-2012 at 04:57 PM.
Old 02-15-2012, 04:34 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Call me a crazy...but a wouldn't a "merger" have left both dealerships intact? A "plant closing", "downsizing" or "consolidation" may be a more accurate depiction of what is going on here.

Seems like in today's market many astute buyers are going factory direct and want special colors, interior, power options..etc. This makes carrying an inventory very problematical for the big checkbook market... since most want something "exactly like that one...EXCEPT...my wife wants a taupe cockpit liner and 2 extra seats across the back.... also can we get a hardtop?"

T2x.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.