Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   My Boat Show pics (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/270853-my-boat-show-pics.html)

Young Performance 02-17-2012 07:59 PM

There are 2 things going on. It does have a wastegate to control boost. It probably has a smaller pulley (more power) than it needs. For example, it may have a pulley capable of making 15 psi, yet the wastegate dumps off everything over 12 psi. It will allow the engine to always make 12 psi no matter what the conditions (hot ambient temp, high altitude, etc) It will also make quite a bit more torque down low since it will make more boost at any given rpm than if it just had a pulley capable of 12 psi in ideal conditions.
The other thing it does is allow them to have a bypass valve to help with idle. Since it's a PSI, it doesn't normally have a bypass like the Whipple's do. That will make the thing idle like a champ without any blower surge.
Hope that helps explain it.
Eddie

precisiondetails 02-17-2012 08:06 PM

[QUOTE=Young Performance;3620413]There are 2 things going on. It does have a wastegate to control boost. It probably has a smaller pulley (more power) than it needs. For example, it may have a pulley capable of making 15 psi, yet the wastegate dumps off everything over 12 psi. It will allow the engine to always make 12 psi no matter what the conditions (hot ambient temp, high altitude, etc) It will also make quite a bit more torque down low since it will make more boost at any given rpm than if it just had a pulley capable of 12 psi in ideal conditions.
The other thing it does is allow them to have a bypass valve to help with idle. Since it's a PSI, it doesn't normally have a bypass like the Whipple's do. That will make the thing idle like a champ without any blower surge.
Hope that helps explain it.
Eddie[/QUOT

Eddie- Tell Richard and Bruce to get a move on it, Havasu is coming fast!!!

Young Performance 02-17-2012 08:45 PM

I dynoed the engines last week. They are ready to go to Skater. I believe the boat is back at Skater now from TOAD. Hopefully it won't take that long to come together.
Eddie

littledcsrodshop 02-17-2012 09:00 PM

Nice pics !! I think the 29 OL with one of your 925's would really look good sitting at my house..

PokerRun388 02-17-2012 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by socalstone (Post 3620354)
Yikes, looks like skater needs to upgrade their chics.

lol...;)

precisiondetails 02-17-2012 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by Young Performance (Post 3620441)
I dynoed the engines last week. They are ready to go to Skater. I believe the boat is back at Skater now from TOAD. Hopefully it won't take that long to come together.
Eddie

How much power are they making?

Young Performance 02-17-2012 10:52 PM

1308 at their current setting. That's where Bruce wanted to leave them. I asked him if he wanted to turn them up and he said no. He said he will be happy if the boat runs 160 mph, which should be a no brainer. He said he has no desire to run any faster than that.
Eddie

precisiondetails 02-17-2012 11:04 PM

R u coming to Havasu this year if the boat is ready?

Young Performance 02-17-2012 11:15 PM

No, I can't get away again. I was gone for almost 2 weeks at Christmas, a week now for the Boat Show, and my wife and I are going to Lake Tahoe next month for a belated honeymoon. I have a ton of work that needs to get done so I have to stay at the shop and get after it. Personally, I don't think the boat will be ready. Maybe I'm wrong. We'll find out soon enough.
Eddie

precisiondetails 02-18-2012 12:34 AM

I live 2 hours west of Tahoe on hwy 50 right outside of Sacramento. You remember from Loto right?