Notices

My Boat Show pics

Old 02-18-2012, 11:42 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Smile

Jajo:

Thanks for the update on the price. I guess when one considers all that has to go with and on it in terms of ECM, harness, injectors, upgraded fuel pump and fuel feed system with all the other parts including expensive turbos, intercooler with headers and special tips, that's probably about right in my opinion. It will be interesting to see if they can hit that price point with the finished animal. Hope they can as they will have a lot of money and time invested so they will need to sell a few to keep it going.

Best Regards,
Ray @ Raylar
Old 02-18-2012, 11:51 PM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

We didn't talk exact price yet since they don't even know for sure just yet. I was led to believe that it would be less than that 12K number. I was under the impression that it would come in at or below the cost of a comparable Whipple kit. That would make it a little less than 12K. Obviously, Whipple would be their main competition for the 525.
Eddie
Old 02-19-2012, 03:55 PM
Registered

The 48' Outerlimits cat was one of the most incredible boats I have ever seen. The carbon fiber work is impeccable, as is the rigging. The seats are carbon fiber and fit like a glove and there are electrically adjustable foot rests. I have been in and through a bunch of boats but this one is one that all the others will be compared to. You can not fully appreciate it without seeing it in person.
Talk about custom......hows about a stripper pole (it was put away at the time) with flush mounted led's surrounding it.
Eddie
Attached Thumbnails My Boat Show pics-dsc02461-large-.jpg   My Boat Show pics-dsc02462-large-.jpg   My Boat Show pics-dsc02463-large-.jpg  

My Boat Show pics-dsc02464-large-.jpg   My Boat Show pics-dsc02467-large-.jpg  
Old 02-19-2012, 03:57 PM
Registered

The paint work was amazing. There is both matte and gloosy finishes on both the deck and hull sides. The top sides of the cockpit have the carbon showing, as do the darker spots you see on the hull sides. That is the actual carbon fiber of the hull showing. Absolutely gorgeous.
Eddie
Attached Thumbnails My Boat Show pics-dsc02460-large-.jpg   My Boat Show pics-dsc02470-large-.jpg   My Boat Show pics-dsc02471-large-.jpg  

My Boat Show pics-dsc02472-large-.jpg   My Boat Show pics-dsc02474-large-.jpg  
Old 02-19-2012, 04:00 PM
Registered

A few rigging pics. The entire bilge is carbon. The workmanship of the layup is incredible.
Attached Thumbnails My Boat Show pics-dsc02465-large-.jpg   My Boat Show pics-dsc02466-large-.jpg   My Boat Show pics-dsc02467-large-.jpg  

My Boat Show pics-dsc02468-large-.jpg   My Boat Show pics-dsc02469-large-.jpg  
Old 02-19-2012, 04:22 PM
Registered

Received 151 Likes on 65 Posts

Saw it up close in Miami for the KW poker run, it's awesome, I love the matte black in the paint, and oh ya it had crash boxes!
Old 02-19-2012, 08:37 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Young Performance
There are 2 things going on. It does have a wastegate to control boost. It probably has a smaller pulley (more power) than it needs. For example, it may have a pulley capable of making 15 psi, yet the wastegate dumps off everything over 12 psi. It will allow the engine to always make 12 psi no matter what the conditions (hot ambient temp, high altitude, etc) It will also make quite a bit more torque down low since it will make more boost at any given rpm than if it just had a pulley capable of 12 psi in ideal conditions.
The other thing it does is allow them to have a bypass valve to help with idle. Since it's a PSI, it doesn't normally have a bypass like the Whipple's do. That will make the thing idle like a champ without any blower surge.
Hope that helps explain it.
Eddie
It is also forth duel fuel system to change from low power to high power so we do not have to change the pulley just flip the switch , it is a boost bypass system , and it works very well .it bleeds the excess boost back into the engine .
Old 02-19-2012, 09:04 PM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by IinsureU
Seriously, that is like 'C' talent at best...
Do you mean C talent for C section scar? Ouch.
Old 02-19-2012, 09:09 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I know those OL cats haven't received the most love from the Skater and MTI crowd, but I think I'd rather have the OL over either... even if it wasn't as fast (not saying it's not though). The BOM and craftsmenship is far beyond what the others are producing IMO. Honestly, I simply think OL is out doing everybody out there these days, vees and cats.
Old 02-19-2012, 09:26 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SS930
I know those OL cats haven't received the most love from the Skater and MTI crowd, but I think I'd rather have the OL over either... even if it wasn't as fast (not saying it's not though). The BOM and craftsmenship is far beyond what the others are producing IMO. Honestly, I simply think OL is out doing everybody out there these days, vees and cats.
This particular one will be very fast when they sort out the engines. This is the E85 1800hp engine boat. They are still working on the engines. I believe they put these 1200's in it for now.

Eddie might be able to answer that question since he saw it up close.

So it will probably run with the best of them in the end.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.