Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Farmers will not insure over 52 MPH !! >

Farmers will not insure over 52 MPH !!

Notices

Farmers will not insure over 52 MPH !!

Old 06-21-2002, 03:30 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Interesting, can you tell me more? How long ago was this? How did his son sink the boat?
Old 06-21-2002, 04:08 PM
Mickey Britain

Blown Formula,

There is a company out of St. Louis that does nothing but performance boats, they specialize in Formulas.
I'm not sure of the name but I will find it or you can call Glencove Marine at LOTO and ask Steve or Shaun they will have the info for you.
Hope this helps,
Mickey

Old 06-21-2002, 04:25 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

luv n it- I think that was about 5 years ago.....the boat was sunk on Lake Keystone. Sold to a guy on Lake Eufaula who lives in Oklahoma City. Ugly just keeps growing. He now has two places on Grand Lake (including Thunder Bay) & his wave runner place up the lake, a location on Keystone Lake & one west of Tulsa on Keystone expressway. Sells all parts & accessories for full list!! What a guy!

Mickey, I got your PM also, I'll be in touch. Going to KC later this summer/fall. We can cook something up even if it's land based.
Send me the insurance info tho'. This is highway robbery!!
Old 06-21-2002, 08:05 PM
Mickey Britain

Give me a few days but you will get the info

Old 06-23-2002, 01:09 PM
Charter Member #94
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default You guys sure you got that right?????

In reading some of the previous post I would swear you guys are getting it backwards. I was with State Farm for years, but they told me they don't cover ANY boats that will run over 50 mph. I told them the average 18' open bow family runabout with a V6 will run over 50. They also talked me into a special "no deductable windshield" coverage". I used it once after two years and they threatened to drop both of my vehicles.
Went to Farmers, they covered the boat, bike, truck and home for less than I was paying to State Farm.
Old 06-23-2002, 03:35 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default insurance problems

Sorry to hear you guys having problems with your boat insurance. I to had a bad experience with State Farm. They insured my 1999 Baja H2X when I purchased it new in 1999, I had made previous arrangements with them before ordering it and everything was okay supposedly. After 3 months they sent me a letter saying that they didn't insure boats that had over 350 h.p., and that they would be cancelling me in 90 days! So luckily I found insurance with a high performance boat insurance company, and the premium was about the same or a little less, and I am probably better off! I did however tell them to cancell my vehicles and house if they didn't want my boat, and went elsewhere with that also!
Old 06-24-2002, 09:55 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I also "pre-applied" for coverage with Farmers before purchasing the 312. Fully disclosed HP, model,etc. It seems to do no good!!
I any going to get coverage thru Sy Goldberg, his rates were almost $500.00/year (30%) less than that quoted by Markel American Insurance "The Helmsman Yacht policy" provided by my agent. Now I never heard of them, so Sy gets the business!!
Old 06-25-2002, 08:17 PM
Mickey Britain

Blown Formula,
I know you found somebody but you might want to try this number,
1-800-530-3357 ask for Dave Webb, this is the info I was looking for, Good Luck!
Mickey

Old 06-26-2002, 08:29 AM
Registered

Received 1,827 Likes on 716 Posts
Angry F&^K STATE FARM!

Just got a cancellation notice from them yesterday for my Sonic!!
The notice said it was due to claim activity/frequency.
Let a buddy park my empty trailer last fall and side swiped another trailer= $1500.
Hit a shoal in Lake Erie this spring= $530.
I've had everything I own insured through these freakin crooks from day one, and 2 claims later????
Don't know about there math but I'd think the total of my 30 years of premiums for houses, bikes, cars and boats would total a little more than the $2030. that they just lost!!
Kept hearing warnings about being dropped if you file a claim, I was too smart to listen!!
Worst part of this last one was that they hired a Marine Surveyor to be their expert (sawed off little smart ass bastard)!!
He basically called me a liar because I run twins and only damaged one gear case!!
Said they were too close together to have only hit one case on bottom!!
Also said that he could tell by the damage that it was a soft bottom instead of rock like I told him.
I informed them that if they looked at a chart showing the area I was in, you'll see it is marked as rock bottom and there's rocks there the size of freakin Volkswagons!!
Bout got his ass beat!!
Gary