Commentary: The 2012 Miami Boat Show Rocked

Notices

Commentary: The 2012 Miami Boat Show Rocked

Old 02-20-2012, 09:37 AM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,726 Likes on 1,224 Posts
Default Commentary: The 2012 Miami Boat Show Rocked

Nor-Tech sells out 2012 production, Hardin turbo kit a hit and more, http://speedonthewater.com/commentar...ow-rocked.html.
Old 02-20-2012, 09:56 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by Matt Trulio
Nor-Tech sells out 2012 production, Hardin turbo kit a hit and more, http://speedonthewater.com/commentar...ow-rocked.html.
Nortech's next model year (2013) is June 2012 though, correct?

Good to hear all the activity, maybe we have bottomed out some?

Sonic missed the BOAT ! Still can't believe they did not represent- working on finished boats to display on the West Coast? How much draw does FL based Sonic sell out there? oh well, what do I know
Old 02-20-2012, 10:35 AM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Originally Posted by Downtown42
Nortech's next model year (2013) is June 2012 though, correct?

Good to hear all the activity, maybe we have bottomed out some?

Sonic missed the BOAT ! Still can't believe they did not represent- working on finished boats to display on the West Coast? How much draw does FL based Sonic sell out there? oh well, what do I know
Hope you're right on the bottoming out part, but don't know. I think overall things are tough, especially in the lower and middle segments of the market, which have been especially hard by the credit crunch.

But a strong Miami show is a good start to the year, that's for sure.

As for Nor-Tech ... I don't know where their production years begin and ends, but I am sure Terry Sobo will chime in. As for Sonic/Spectre, I believe (though I have not actually been to the plant and seen what's happening) they worked really hard to get to the show but ran out of time. Maybe they took on too much but, again, I don't know.

While I agree with you on the value of the Miami Show (at least in a good year), I wouldn't underestimate the value of the Desert Storm event for sales and marketing. All the big boys including Mystic, Skater, Cigarette and MTI will be there so the people behind them must believe it's worth their time.
Old 02-20-2012, 10:58 AM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts

Great to see you Matt. I really hope you put Lake Lanier PR on your calendar this July. It's one of the few events that can claim to be GROWING in the tough climate we have in the boating community.
Old 02-20-2012, 02:49 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Originally Posted by Cash Bar
Great to see you Matt. I really hope you put Lake Lanier PR on your calendar this July. It's one of the few events that can claim to be GROWING in the tough climate we have in the boating community.
Great to see you as well. Not sure what my summer coverage plans are, but I hear nothing but good about the Lake Lanier crowd, as well as the lake itself.